Walk in the Sand with Ebenguard

So, here’s the thing…
There are so many answers.

LotR, I always thought elf or elf-adjacent despite my very hobbit-y feet. :deirdrexd:
There might be a fanfic where a character [spoiler]that’s totally not me[/spoiler] turns into a phoenix.
When I had the chance to play WoW, I used to exclusively play druids (elf, tauren, and eventually werewolf-with-top-hat) because you could turn into a moonkin.

7 Likes

I always felt like griffons and chimeras were really cool. Something about hybrid animals just fascinates me, how something comes to deal with all its different parts and become a functioning beast.

5 Likes

It’s really hard to answer this question, there are a lot mythical creatures or beings that are incredible so it’s kinda hard to pin down which one I’d choose lol. But off the top of my head probably an elf. If I’d have to choose from a magical being it would probably be a druid or a warlock or someone of magical lineage.

Adding on to this, I’d would probably want to be a werewolf lol.

6 Likes

Hey Ebbies, question time!

What sort of music has been on high rotation for you recently?

Some of our Flinters mentioned some space-related songs from Sleeping At Last last month, and it has absolutely wrecked my ability to listen to much else since. Current go-to list has the entire deluxe Space set (with and without words), the Enneagram songs, and the Light songs. (Also, there’s a grocery store commercial, several years old, featuring their cover of The Safety Dance that I’d been trying to place for about as long)

…though I did start listening to Welcome To Nightvale and sort of watching Critical Role (can’t do proper podcast with that one, I need to be able to look up and see the people playing) while at work last week.

11 Likes

Welcome to Night Vale and Critical Role are both amazing, but I am caught up on neither. As for music, I keep getting Rob Cantor’s Shia Lebeouf song stuck in my head, and I don’t know why.

11 Likes

Normally it’s a toss up between indie, Indi folk music, pop punk, some metal here and there. But as of lately I’ve been listening to Chelsea Wolf, her style is unorthodox but it’s something different I’ve been opening up to.

5 Likes

I tend to not follow bands all that often, generally I obsess over one or two songs then move on to the next obsession. Currently my day has been filled with Carry On (Acustic) by Young Rising Sons, Wrong by Finish Ticket, and GeminEye by The Megas.

4 Likes

Kind of reminds me of my four song playlist the last time I successfully completed NaNoWriMo.
That particular list was:
Teenagers - My Chemical Romance
Party Hard - Andrew W.K.
My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark (Light 'em Up) - Fall Out Boy
Immortals - also Fall Out Boy

(…there was an awful lot of violence involved that year :sweat_smile:)

7 Likes

Oooo light em up is an awesome song, really invigorates you.

EDIT: Oh wait this isn’t mountain sound :colewat: Err well don’t mind me I’ll just slip out :deirdrexd:

4 Likes

That’s okay, you’re more than welcome to join us if you’d like! :hermanthumbs:

5 Likes

@Rimor you dastardly devil, how did you get into the lighthouse.

3 Likes

This playlist was my jam for a while.

Recently, my music taste has been I Fight Dragons and not much else. They just finished their latest album, released it to patrons, and I’ve been grooving it a lot.

4 Likes

@Shadow a Wagoneer never reveals the tricks of his craft :wink:

3 Likes

We’re on the beach, you lot definitely have a lighthouse, we’re probably just down the coast from one another. :endriwink:

6 Likes

id say more up the coast, but we dont really know how neithernorian geography works…

5 Likes

Direction of travel was arbitrary to me, but now that you mention it, Neithernor could be that magiqal place where the grandparents walked several miles uphill to and from school. :deirdrexd:

7 Likes

Or time and distance could be arbitrary as heck making one mile be like one meter or one day being a year…

5 Likes

:child: “But Grandpa, surely if you walked uphill to get to school you’d have to go downhill at some point to get home…”
:older_man: “NOPE”

8 Likes

Neithernor is Space’s crazy uncle :joy:

8 Likes

Neithernor stopped being invited to gatherings because no one could keep track of their ramblings.

9 Likes