The Welcome Super Topic

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community and to the Thornmouth guild @Desanera! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as currently reading, hobbies, and adventures!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Thornmouth. The leadership roster will tell you your guild leaders as well as who takes care of what around the forum. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

We’re all very happy to have you here, and hope you enjoy being part of the magiq!

6 Likes

Hi everyone! Angelica here :slightly_smiling_face:

I was found through Facebook and what a captivating trip it has been so far.

The guide identified me as a Thornmouth which seemed incredibly apt and also made me snicker as I’ve been told I have a sharp tongue since I was a child and Thornmouth appears to echo that a touch.

I love magick in all forms and am a huge fantasy and D&D fan.

By day I run a digital marketing agency and by night I craft dice and draw. It’s exciting to be a part of a community with so many like minded, creative and interesting individuals and to shape a narrative and world together.

11 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community and to the Thornmouth guild @Angelica! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as [hobbies]https://forum.thebriararchive.com/t/the-hobby-super-topic/3678), visual arts, and D&D!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Thornmouth. The leadership roster will tell you your guild leaders as well as who takes care of what around the forum. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

We’re all very happy to have you here, and hope you enjoy being part of the magiq!

7 Likes

Welcome to the family :smiley:

7 Likes

Hey y’all, my name is Vex and somehow I have managed to make my way here. After taking the assessment, I couldn’t help but laugh when I was sorted Ebenguard. I read through the characteristics and traits, and simply shook my head. As ex-military (8yrs) and now a firefighter I can’t seem to shake it. I’m super excited to get more involved and learn more about this world.

11 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @VexFloro! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as currently reading, hobbies, and pets!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be an Ebenguardian. The leadership roster will tell you your guild leaders as well as who takes care of what around the forum. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

7 Likes

Hello everyone!

I’m jnoodle! Stumbled across an ad for this whole thing like a month ago and lately couldn’t get the though out of my head so I decided to look more into it. I have never really been apart of anything like this but it sounds pretty interesting. excited to make some new friends and see what kind of adventures I can help make! Oh I almost forgot, I was placed in Thornmouth, although I am not too sure what all that means.

11 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community and to the Thornmouth guild ! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as currently reading, hobbies, and pets!

5 Likes

Hi there,
I’m August, I’m partially confused on how I fell into this world but I’m rolling with it and everything I’ve read has lead to this Welcome thread and being asked to introduce myself by instructions and a very nice bot. I have quite a bit of social anxiety so this is somewhat difficult, I tend to be a background lurker until I either make friends or someone directly interacts with me, I prefer to observe others both to see how to do it and to see how/who they are. I love magic, I love books (currently sitting in a room with 4 full bookcases), I like mischief but I was also like doing right by others especially those in need, I love animals of all kinds (real-life vet tech), and I love nature (currently earning an environmental science degree). I was sorted into the guild Thornmouth which seems appropriate for me although a year past I believe I was sorted into Ebengaurd which also makes sense, think I’ll stick with Thornmouth. It is interesting that those two groups have the most members, I suppose more people of a certain way fall into this world enough to become guild members. I’m jumping into the books as soon as I can well maybe after I finish Eoin Colfer’s new book.

13 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community and to the Thornmouth guild ! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as your work, currently reading, and pets!

9 Likes

Thanks, Void, I’ve already jumped into the guild and have been poking around the topics and post made by other guildmates. I’ll take a look at those threads and already have the Q&A thread bookmarked, hopefully that’ll help.

10 Likes

Hi @AugustAbel, I’m also shy, anxious and introverted, so want to give my own welcomes This is an interesting place, but I’ll let you know that it’s not been too difficult to get at least a semblance of the hang of things, and that this is a pretty great bunch.

My first suggestion (not that you’re actually asking, but if you’re similar in lurker/socially anxious as I am, it’s nice when people tell you what you don’t know is actually needed) - look through the areas you have posting rights to and find “your people.” For example, I found the needle arts discussion thread and started getting my feet wet there, then expanded into books, and am slowly moving my way into other areas.

Reading The Monarch Papers and the wiki are also VERY helpful. I keep the wiki bookmarked so I can reference back to things I wasn’t a part of.

Many welcomes again!

10 Likes

Hi @eternalhearts, thanks for the welcome and knowing someone else of lurker/anxious variety is on here being sociable is reassuring. Void suggested a couple threads of pets and current read so I’m perusing those, the work one seems too much out of my level. Probably go search for the books one though and lurk there, got the wiki bookmarked too but trying to stay out of it too much to avoid spoilers. Thanks for the help.

11 Likes

Anytime. Feel free to message me as well.

8 Likes

Hey y’all,

I’m Avialae, Avi for short. I go by other names as well but those can be earned in time. I came across this forum via the welcoming instagram account for Ackerly Green. It’s taken me a couple of months to sit down and log in but here I am. I like writing stories as much as I like to read them, and am curious what I can learn here.
I was grouped with the Thornmouth guild when I took my assessment.

9 Likes

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as writing, currently reading, and hobbies!

4 Likes

Hey All. I’m XrXiia! Just recently saw this and thought I’d give it a shot. Still intrigued about how everything works! I was sorted into FlinterForge. I love to read, game, and explore the outdoors.

11 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @XrXiia! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer. Since it’s been a while I’ll give you the whole rundown to get you back into it.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as currently reading, video games, and adventures!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Flinterforged. The leadership roster will tell you your guild leaders as well as who takes care of what around the forum. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

5 Likes

Thank You! I appreciate it

7 Likes

Hello everyone. I’m Frost.

I came across an ad for TMP1 several weeks ago and read it over a weekend. I’ve just finished TMP2 and signed up here. I’ve read both the forum primer & rules and am getting caught up on the rest of the story. The magiq assessment guide placed me in Weatherwatch.

I’m a gamer and occasional role player, and look forward to meeting all of you.

15 Likes