The Welcome Super Topic

3 more and we’ll have a full magiqal complement

11 Likes

6 CJ’s over 6 guilds… shotty not being the one who has to organise that!

12 Likes

It’s all coming together…

14 Likes

Insert kronk here

7 Likes

Hi, I’m Jamie, I’m an Ebenguardian. I stumbled on to this place years ago and have been getting emails about it ever since and have finally chosen to jump in. I’ll begin the first book this evening!

16 Likes

Welcome back to the Ackerly Green Community @Jamiedidit! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as currently reading, hobbies, and pets! If you can’t find a topic for a particular interest of yours feel free to ask and I can either direct you to it if we already have one or assist in creating one so that you can get the discussion rolling.

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be an Ebenguardian. The leadership roster will tell you your guild leaders as well as who takes care of what around the forum. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

We’re all very happy to have you here, and hope you enjoy being part of the magiq!

7 Likes

Well,
Here I am.
I found AGP about a year a go and followed on ig. I’ve been overwhelmed with knowing enough and getting it perfect. I recently came into an abundance of time, and pandemic means I’m spending that abundance of time at home.
I’m excited. This has been the kind of fantasy and escapism (in the most Tolkien way possible) I’ve wanted since I was little. Even the color scheme is my favorite colors.
When there isn’t a novel virus, I’m larping. The US larping community is small enough, and this concept niche enough that I wonder if I know anyone on here.
I have a small amount of land and hopefully that means next year you’ll have to deal with pictures of chickens and mushrooms

The magiq has declared that I’m Ebengard

15 Likes

Logs on, grumbles about new recruit not being Weatherwatch, logs off

14 Likes

Welcome back to the Ackerly Green Community @Alligatoramberlee ! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as LARP, hobbies, and pets! If you can’t find a topic for a particular interest of yours feel free to ask and I can either direct you to it if we already have one or assist in creating one so that you can get the discussion rolling.

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be an Ebenguardian. The leadership roster will tell you your guild leaders as well as who takes care of what around the forum. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

We’re all very happy to have you here, and hope you enjoy being part of the magiq!

7 Likes

Hello there, my name is Scarlet, or Ms. Ashcroft if you want to be formal. I’ve recently stumbled across this place during yet another of my many nightly bouts of frenzied madness in search of new knowledge and activities. And I must say, I am quite intrigued by what I’ve found here thus far!

I’m still quite fresh and new here but given what I’ve seen thus far after getting halfway through The Monarch Papers and poking around the forums for all of ten minutes, I get the sense that it might be a little similar to The Jejune Institute, The New Noology Network, or The Black Watchmen, if anyone is familiar with such things. Which if it is similar, then great! I think I might be able to employ my experience and expertise around here to great effect. If not, then I am eager for a new experience.

And since you’re probably wondering, The Guide to Magiq has astutely placed me into the Thornmouth guild. I look forward to seeing whatever the future may hold for me there.

11 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community and to the Thornmouth guild @Scarlet_Ashcroft! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer. From what I’ve read quickly on those other experiences, it is slightly similar but AGP is much more story-driven, though if you enjoy those I’m sure you’ll enjoy this community as well.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as writing, currently reading, and hobbies!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Thornmouth. The leadership roster will tell you your guild leaders as well as who takes care of what around the forum. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

8 Likes

Welcome ! Been scrolling looking for fellow Balimoran members. Seems we might be a rare breed ?

6 Likes

I wouldn’t say we Bali are a rare breed, just a lot of us come and go with the chaos as we feel. I think at one point we seriously outnumbered the other guilds, don’t know if that’s still the case.

12 Likes

It’s interesting for sure how the members of each guild in ways eb and flow depending on the times and events. For the record i’m quite new not even through TMP yet even, but setting aside some time to get into the culture and medias. Any thoughts comments or questions for a new guy ?

9 Likes

It is quite interesting, especially when you take into consideration the values of each guild.

As for being new, why don’t you start by telling us a bit about yourself? Whatever you’re comfortable sharing ^-^
A re-introduction of sorts since you originally joined the forums a little over a year ago, correct? It’s not all that uncommon that people find their way here, forget about it for a bit, and then find their way back when they’re meant to. Magiq and all that :wink:
At first you said you were pointed in the direction of Gossmere and it didn’t feel right. Does Balimora feel more natural? Are you liking that fit better?

8 Likes

Excited to see so many new faces! Welcome!

8 Likes

Verdurant Bearing so it seems, and yes the first assessment i did it produced Gossmere, but after doing it again in a calm and quiet place it was Bali, which seems to fit nicely. I sometimes wonder if perhaps with me being a Hybrid Leo/Virgo (August 23 B-day) i share about half of the traits of each, that it could apply here also. Im content how it shows now though. As for me , i’m a 36 year old father of two, always in pursuit of peace quiet and freedom. Modern stoic and always at home in nature and often go alone. Former combat medic from the army for 8 years, spent 15 months in Iraq from 2007 to 2009. Now a Medicolegal Death Investigator for the Crime Laboratory and part time EMT and Deputy Coroner. Death has somehow followed me home from the military and i don’t function well without exposure to it. Im passionate about helping families and speaking for those who had their voices taken by violence or accident, or even intentionally. Always been very into art of all medias for a long time and feel its the true measure and beauty of the human race, even if we seem to be nearly a virus to the planet the last 50 or so years. An innate drawing towards this exists though, as it seemis common, so i’m following that path and open minded to its destinations. Wondering where and how new people like myself fit and can help in the best capacity. One thing that is happening and in waves is incidents with number synchronicity. At times is multiple times a day for weeks on end, 111 222 333 444 555 , then things like 1010 1111 1212 etc. Certain ones seem to repeat on certain days, but then they will stop completely for months at a time, and then start again , never sparingly or far apart, either all or none. I’m an extremely vivid dreamer, sometimes lucid , but always very detailed and real, some spanning multiple days where i go to sleep in the dream, dream again, tell people about the dream when i wake up and then it continues until i wake a second time and have two dreams from one to think about or journal. I guess i had a lot to say , Ha ! Thoughts ? Questions ?

8 Likes

Welcome back to the Ackerly Green Community @TacticalStoic! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as visual arts, your work, and hobbies!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Balimoran. The leadership roster will tell you your guild leaders as well as who takes care of what around the forum. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

4 Likes

Hello, my name is Rietveld, and I joined this forum too early.

I was technically introduced to this wonderful work last year. I saw a post Instagram that immediately piqued my interest (you try to sort me into a house or guild and I’m yours) and I saved it with the intention to get to it. That never happened, life has a way of getting in the way of things. In August of 2020 I was going through my old saved posts and found the assessment yet again and did it right then and there, I was declared Weatherwatch, joined the forum, and purchased Flora & Fauna and Cosmos & Time with every intention of jumping in. Once again, life had other plans. Until now, I’ve recently finished Flora & Fauna and I’ve started Cosmos & Time, I’m hoping to get caught up soon and get more involved.

Basically, this is my long and complicated way of saying that it’s nice to meet all of you and I hope to get to know you all as well. I’m a native New Yorker though I’ve long since moved. I’m fluent in Spanish and I’m interested in learning new languages both real (ASL, Esperanto) and fictional (Dothraki). I’m a big video game nerd with a gripping TTRPG obsession and I used to be a big reader but that died down as I’ve gotten older but I’m taking steps to correct that.

15 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @Rietveld! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as language learning, video games, tabletop gaming, and currently reading!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Weatherwatcher. The leadership roster will tell you your guild leaders as well as who takes care of what around the forum. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

8 Likes