The Welcome Super Topic

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @lexvoid! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as currently reading, hobbies, and pets!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Flinterforged. The leadership roster will tell you your guild leaders as well as who takes care of what around the forum. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

We’re all very happy to have you here, and hope you enjoy being part of the magiq!

6 Likes

Hi all, I’m Nick, although go by my Vexans handle a good amount online. I’m a veterinarian/entomologist that now works entirely in the lab, so when reading the Thornmouth description I was placed into I was nodding my head profusely :slight_smile:
Was/am heavily into The Magicians, and found this place after loving the look of the logos/artwork posted by the artist on Instagram! Glad to start some reading and getting caught up!

11 Likes

G’day Vex good to have you on board! I’m Sky a Captain from Weatherwatch. Feel free to reach out to any guild leader if you need assistance but @Sellalellen is the First Word of Thornmouth and an amazing mountaineer! She’ll be able to help you out with any questions you might have!
As a new recruit you’re at trust level 1 but don’t worry it won’t take long to build up your trust levels! If you love the magicians I’d suggest reading up on Books like the Magiqverse

I personally love the Lev Grossman book series and think that the tv series is fantastic (although STILL can’t get the latest season in Aus :rage::triumph:)

If you have any questions don’t be afraid to reach out! I’m sure an accomplished Waggoner will be here soon to give you a proper welcome!

Edit #1 Oh also there’s a Q&A thread here if you need more help as well! And all the Thornmouth threads are here! Happy reading :grin:

11 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community and to the Thornmouth guild @Vexans! Sorry about the late welcome, I’ve been getting ready to move for school, and I happen to be a microbio major and entomology minor. I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as your work, currently reading, and hobbies!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Thornmouth. The leadership roster will tell you your guild leaders as well as who takes care of what around the forum. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

We’re all very happy to have you here, and hope you enjoy being part of the magiq!

6 Likes

Hello everyone! I go by Rossignol and it’s been a while since I’ve joined a forum sooo I’m still figuring it all out :wave:

I’ve just started reading The Monarch Papers: Cosmos & Time and am working towards catching up on everything. The Guide also told me I’m an Ebenguard, which is pretty cool (I tried redoing the test but I ended up choosing the same answers again haha).

Other than that: I’m French, an aspiring author doing a Master’s degree in communications, and also an avid reader- which is how I ended up here! I can’t wait to engage more with the community :star2:

11 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @Rossignol! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as currently reading, hobbies, and writing!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be an Ebenguardian. The leadership roster will tell you your guild leaders as well as who takes care of what around the forum. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

6 Likes

Hello, I am DJ. I am from New York, US and I recently discovered my Thornmouth origin!
Just started reading The Monarch Papers and super excited to jump into this magiqal world.

15 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community and to the Thornmouth guild @DeirdreJ! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer. Your name actually has quite a connection to the story as you’ll soon find out.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as writing, currently reading, and hobbies!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Thornmouth. The leadership roster will tell you your guild leaders as well as who takes care of what around the forum. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

9 Likes

Hello, all! My name is Troy, though I opted for the username both for a catchier “title”, a moniker with more than one syllable, and to give a preview of how I spend some of my free time.

First and foremost, I want to thank my dear, dear friend, @Louisa from the bottom of my heart for introducing me to this strange, wonderful, and delightfully curious world of yours - well, ours! Secondly, while I’m a little slow on digging into the densest thickets that are the collected works (I have Flora and Fauna ready to go after I make my way through the first volume), I have had such a blast growing familiar with the forum’s makeup and refreshing atmosphere. I can’t wait to only grow more entwined with what transpires as time goes on!

As for me, I am a Flinterforge who, while less than deft or adroit with handmade creation, likes to think of themselves as a creative, nonetheless. I do get paid for it semi-regularly, so I’ll say I’m a professional vocalist and an amateur actor with a rabid interest in D&D and other tabletop role-playing games, especially in these more secluded times we’re living in. I’ve also had the chance to direct and work as a stage manager, so I suppose amateur theater addict would be more accurate. I occasionally catch the spark and start to write something down based on some campaign, character, or even song I’ve heard, but I do wish it was a sort of inspiration that was easier to bottle.

I’m hoping to live with my SO and her beautiful pitbull-lab within the next month (almost 4 years strong now) and am trying to figure out, for lack of a better phrase, what comes next? In the meantime, I cannot wait to love this world and the magiq that it inspires on the edges of perception at even a cursory glance.

[Brevity is rarely my strong suit - apologies! I’m just excited to get into the spirit of the narrative and nervous to finally post.]

18 Likes

YAY! Welcome, @TunefulSong! I’m so delighted you’re joining the AG community, it’s so good to see you here :blush::heart:

11 Likes

And thanks for popping into the Hangout tonight! It was great to see you!

12 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @TunefulSong! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer. So sorry about the late welcome, college has got me barely keeping my head above water this semester.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as writing, hobbies, and pets!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Flinterforged. The leadership roster will tell you your guild leaders as well as who takes care of what around the forum. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

11 Likes

Hello. I’m CJ. I’m not very good with introductions; please ask me anything you want to know about me and I promise to give you an answer.

10 Likes

Hey CJ, great to see you here! I’m Void, the forum’s official welcomer. Real quick, have you taken the guild assessment yet?

6 Likes

Yes, I have. I was placed in Ebengard.

7 Likes

Excellent! Well then here’s the rundown…

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as currently reading, hobbies, and pets! If you’re looking for a particular topic to talk about and can’t find it, feel free to ask me and I can direct you or we can get a new thread started for you if it doesn’t exist yet.

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be an Ebenguardian. The leadership roster will tell you your guild leaders as well as who takes care of what around the forum. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

6 Likes

Thank you. I’m slightly overwhelmed with the extent of all of this…information<?>. I’ve read the Primer and the Rules. But I think it will just take me a little bit to get my bearings to understand navigation and posting. This forum isn’t quite like any other forum I’ve navigated.

9 Likes

Take all the time you need. Most of us started by just lurking around and watching for a while before getting involved in discussions. It’s a good way to learn how the forum works and start getting to know the common usernames around here.

7 Likes

Well, you must be on to something since the esteemed @CJB has liked your reply! So, I shall lurk and reply to conversations until I get a handle on using this platform.

(And thank you, @CJB, for creating this environment. So far I’ve enjoyed my time spent with The Monarch Papers and look forward to more fun.)

11 Likes

You’ll find @CJB is a lot more approachable than one might expect from the busy author type. Though recently he is extra extra busy.

14 Likes