The Welcome Super Topic

I first joined the forum in April after following a Facebook ad and finding out my guild and beginning The Monarch Papers. From there, mundane life interfered and I’ve only just finished Volume 1 and returned to explore the Magiqverse a bit more.

I’ll admit that I’m quite lost, but do hope to acclimate more. I’ll admit that I’ve taken the Assessment a couple of times since my initial assessment, and have bounced between Ebenguard and Weatherwatch. I’m sticking with my first assignment for the time being, trying to believe that the powers that be know what they’re doing even though I feel almost no kinship with the Weatherwatch description. We’ll see though I guess.

Mundanely, I work in higher education and am raising 3 animal and one human child with my wife of 7 years. I’m a Girl Scout volunteer and am active in the local chapter of my professional organization.

I’m eager to meet more of you and get more involved.

8 Likes

Welcome back @eternalhearts! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer. You probably received a welcome message when you first joined but since it’s been a while I’ll give you the info again to help you get reoriented.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as currently reading, hobbies, and pets!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be an Ebenguardian. Your guild leaders are @Ashburn and @Ginger, feel free to message them or any of us @Wagoneers if you need help with anything. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

We’re all very happy to have you here, and hope you enjoy being part of the magiq!

4 Likes

@Skylad and @Remus are the leaders for Weatherwatch, but I’m sure I’m safe in saying that Ginger and I are also more than happy to help as well. :laurensmile:

[spoiler]And not to get too spoilery, but there have been some further discoveries on the forum recently that may help solidify your guild choice… Once you get to that part, of course. :cjtea:[/spoiler]

8 Likes

Yeah, since she said she didn’t really feel connected to weatherwatch I figured I would give the info for ebenguard since that was the other result.

5 Likes

@CJB Hello friend!

I’m so excited to finally be jumping into the community! Initially I went through the guide and found myself in Balimora (back in August) but finally had the opportunity to start reading TMP1 recently! I went through the guide again and found myself in Ebenguard, which I feel more drawn to right now! Not sure where to be but I am happy to be here!

I’m also excited to finish reading TMP1 and get started on TMP2. Thank you so much for creating such a beautiful place!

Light & Love,
StarBreeze MoonSprite

10 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @starbreezemoonsprite! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as currently reading, hobbies, and pets!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be an Ebenguardian. Your guild leaders are @Ashburn and @Ginger, feel free to message them or any of us @Wagoneers if you need help with anything. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

We’re all very happy to have you here, and hope you enjoy being part of the magiq!

5 Likes

And I appreciate the help from both of you @BrokenVoid & @Ashburn! In my recent poking, I’ve noticed that it’s common to either change guild once more immersed, or, increasingly common, to find deeper knowledge that make you realize the correctness of your initial placement :laughing:

7 Likes

Yep, nobody is forcibly held to their current guild. You’re always welcome to switch if you feel you belong elsewhere.

4 Likes

@BrokenVoid thank you so much! Diving into the forum has been amazing so far! Looking forward to getting to know everyone and learning more!

5 Likes

Well met friends!
My name is Spooky Foxx and I recently discovered this community through an Instagram ad. I was sorted into Thornmouth which seems to be an accurate placement for one such as I whom is forever seeking hidden knowledge and mystic secrets.

I am excited to have stumbled upon a community like this as I am a long time D&D Dungeon Master with a long running homebrew campaign (It’s been going for 10 years this year!) I first got a taste for roleplaying in a little game called Dark Age of Camelot ( Hibernian Animist for those that played) and went on to play World of Warcraft on RP servers for a very long time.

IRL I am a professional artist of many disciplines; visual arts, digital arts, music production and my secret talent of fire performing. I regularily harness the power of fire and can conjure the dragon’s breath at will. (In all seriousness, I am an accomplished fire breather and prop manipulator. :stuck_out_tongue: ) As such, I am sure my Mindflame will burn bright!

I just started reading Flora and Fauna and can’t wait to delve into the lore, as well as getting to meet all you fine folks!

9 Likes

Hey @SpookyFoxx welcome to Ackerly Green! I’m Sky one of the Weatherwatch leaders. Your guild leader is @Sellalellen who is absolutely amazing and will be stoked to have you in her guild! If you have any questions feel free to message her or any of the leadership team! There’s a great Q&A if you wanna read though that too!

@Cj_Heighton is also a DM so he’ll be stoked to have you on board! There’s a D&D thread here you should check out when you have time

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum and to Thornmouth @SpookyFoxx! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer. I’m also available to help out if you have any questions.

4 Likes

Hi, I stumbled across Ackerly Green via Instagram and found the sorting process very evocative and magical! I’m Balimora, which feels very… right. I’m fascinated by the idea of this immersive world and looking forward to enjoying the books…after I’ve gotten some sleep and hustled off to work. I work in social media, but am an aspiring writer and amateur herbalist. I look forward to being a part of this world!

10 Likes

Hey Juniper! I’m Nim, one of your guild leaders alongside @Helios. We’re just here if you have any questions, as is any of the other leadership or Wagoneers. Working in social media sounds pretty cool, we have a Work thread if you’d like to discuss that further, and we have a writing thread for people to share ideas and lament writer’s block togther, lol. When you’re able, make sure you stop by our guild’s introduction thread too to get to know everyone else in the guild. Welcome!!!

5 Likes

Welcome @JuniperWind! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer. I’m here to help out if you need anything.

4 Likes

Thanks so much! I’m halfway through the first Monarch Papers book and so excited to learn more!

8 Likes

Hello,

I’m Faiyama or Faiy and I’m a Thornmouth. Currently I’m a stay at home mom but will be going back to school to become a writer. I haven’t started reading the book yet because I thought working on this would be the best step. I look forward to learning more and engaging in conversations with everyone.

Until next time,
Faiyama

9 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community and to the Thornmouth guild @Faiyama! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer. Reading the books is highly encouraged because it will help you understand the way magiq works here and give you some background for the story that’s continuing here on the forum.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as book recommendations, hobbies, and pets!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Thornmouth. Your guild leader is @Sellalellen, feel free to message her or any of us @Wagoneers if you need help with anything. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

4 Likes

Hey all,
I’m Xaeman. I discovered the Guide to Magiq from a Reddit post and have been slowly climbing farther down the rabbit hole. I’ve downloaded Flora & Fauna but I haven’t started reading it yet. I was sorted into Flinterforge after completing the assessment, which fits me in some ways and not so much in others, but it seems right for me. I’m sure I’ll have a brilliant time here and can’t wait to get to know you all :grinning:
~Xaeman

12 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @Xaeman! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Flinterforged. Your guild leaders are @Tinker and @Viviane, feel free to message them or any of us @Wagoneers if you need help with anything. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

5 Likes