21. The Secret Society: Of Two Minds

It’s warm, very warm.

11 Likes

:tinfoilhat:

When Steve was giving us all those puzzles, wasn’t the final story bit he shared something about a stolen heart? (That may have had something to do with a necklace if I’m remembering right?)

12 Likes

It’s oddly reminiscent of a heart, in a way.

11 Likes

There’s a note in the cubby.

13 Likes

Got my hands full right now…

There’s a note on an old washed out business card. Holy crap.

I can’t take a pic of it. It’s fading in and out like A.G.'s journal entries. Hang on…

12 Likes

It (partially) says,

This object is called an aliquary. It is an ingot of pure magimystic energy. Aliquaries are sometimes left behind when a powerful magimyst dies. We left this for someone like you to find, and since you have, then the efforts of my family were not completely in vain.

[A blurred out passage]

I can’t imagine what the world is like now. I’m not even sure where I am if it has come to you finding this. But with this aliquary, you will have a chance. You were led to this. Chosen to find it. Use it well, but judiciously. It may be all the magic that’s left.

Fight for wonder in the world, whether it is our world, or some new and unknown world beyond.

Remember that nothing is by chance.
Trust in magic,
Avis Green

13 Likes

:scream: :scream: :scream:

So much has happened! I’m glad you finally made it to Neithernor Sabes!

Also…“trust in magic” sounds a lot like “trust in the flow of magiq” and it’s probably just a coincidence but I love how different ages of magiq have that idea…

12 Likes

so. the final, enormous question at hand: what the heck do we use it for?

7 Likes

That struck me too, @Tinker, and made me strangely emotional. We’re all tied together.

12 Likes

It gets warmer the longer you hold it.

13 Likes

Ummmm, WHAT! This is amazing, Sabes! I’m so happy you finally got to go to Neithernor - I know you’ve been waiting a long time :hermanthumbs:

Onto the slightly more pressing issue, the aliquary. It’s interesting because the word reminds me of Anne of Brittany and her reliquary. Reliquaries are just things that hold relics, typically of saints, and the word “relic” in the beginning of the word. This aliquary holds something that a powerful magimystic (in place of a saint) has left behind. What is this object/force/entity, and why is it called an aliquary instead of a reliquary? What does the “ali-” prefix refer to here?

14 Likes

It’s beautiful, can’t help but wonder whose energy is in that thing… and what purpose we are to use it for. If the letters right then it may be the last magiq in the book of kings, I think we’ve all felt it draining more and more. This gives us hope, this is our seed.
Now we just need to figure out how to make it grow.

12 Likes

Congrats on making it to Neithernor Sabes. You deserve to see that place.

The pendant reminds me of an Egg in some ways.

Aliquary…seems like a powerful artefact. Maybe we can try using the pieces in different combinations to see if they unlock any more places?

11 Likes

Sounds like quite the adventure Saberlane. Well done! Glad you’re okay.

And yeah, we never would have figured out that knock. Good thing you’ve got good instincts. You were chosen well.

11 Likes

if its a seed and all we need to do is make it grow, i assume we would just plant it in a pot of dirt. Unfortunately, something tells me that wont do.

11 Likes

I can’t take the credit for the knock. @Tinker and @grimangel53 figured most of that out.

And to me that letter means we were chosen, not just me. I imagine any of you would’ve done what I did. You’re the brave ones. I’m just more prone to breaking laws in search of magic.

16 Likes

Bah. you’re own awesomeness this day does not take away from ours. Yes, we rock. But we don’t regularly run down pitch dark tunnels into oncoming trains to find a door to another world.

Hold onto this victory with both hands and accept you done good. We’re proud of you. :slight_smile:

15 Likes

:endriblush: thanks @Robert

11 Likes

how did Tinker and I figure out the knock?
Im not entirely following here.

9 Likes

Tinker had the idea to use the elements:

And you started attributing elements to objects:

Which helped me figure out a possible final combination:

Since the elements are connected to guilds, I tried the knock combination: Gossmere, Weatherwatch, Ebenguard, Thornmouth, Flitnerforge, and I took a wild guess that the last knock would either be one of the other guilds repeated, or Balimora. It was Balimora.

9 Likes