The Welcome Super Topic

Welcome @AntipodeanShield to the Ackerly Green Community!!!

Please make sure you read the first post at the top of this thread and the forum primer as they’re super important!!

Now as an Ebenguard your guild leaders are @Ashburn and @Ginger!! You can PM either of them if you have any questions or any of the @Wagoneers. We also have a wonderful Q&A thread where you can ask questions!

When you’re ready you can head over to the Ebenguard guild hall to introduce yourselves to your fellow guild mates!

So now the formalities are over tell us a little bit about yourself!

5 Likes

Thanks for the welcome!
Well I’m a Brit living way down south in New Zealand (or Aotearoa). Been down here for most of my life which means I have that sweet sweet dual citizenship now :joy:. I’m a criminology and psychology major who’s all graduated and now I sell books and at a store in town. (I already checked we import the Monarch Papers but dont stock it on a regular basis). I play too much D&D ans watch too much sport in my free time. Now I’ve graduated Im trying to get back to the beach trips amd tramping trails of those pre uni days.
I think thats me

9 Likes

Hello! @AntipodeanShield Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community!

Your guild leaders are @Ginger and @Ashburn! There is also a Q&A topic! So if you have any questions there are plenty places to go to seek answers! You can shoot us Wagoneers, or your guild leaders a message and we’ll help in any way we can!

Also please don’t forget to read the first post in this topic as well as the forum primer!

As for meeting your guild you can go here!

As for your interests we have a DND topic! We also have an entire area of the forum dedicated to books and it is called #bookish! I’d also love to hear about your majors but I am not sure if there is a designated channel for that. I guess our work topic would be the closest!

I really hope you have fun and make some friends here on the Ackerly Green Forum! Once again, welcome to the forum!

5 Likes

Hi everyone!

Looking forward to finding my place in this realm :smile:

6 Likes

Woot Woot!

3 Likes

Welcome @Dryadalis @Jarrow @AntipodeanShield and @Maverickal to the Ackerly Green Community! Glad to have you all here, and happy to see that you’re all eager to find a place to fit in.

Make sure you read the first post of this thread and the forum primer in order to get the rules of the forum and info on getting started. Once you’ve done that you can get involved in some or all of our many discussion topics such as the [video games[(https://forum.thebriararchive.com/t/the-gaming-mounties/3176/242), artwork, and currently reading topics.

After you’ve explored the forum for a little while you’ll be able to interact with the guild page where you can introduce yourself to your new Flinterforge guildmates or visit the Flinterforge Guildhouse. The Flinterforge guild leaders are @Tinker and @Viviane if you need anything, or feel free to message us Wagoneers for help. We also have a Q&A thread.

We hope you enjoy being part of our wonderful community!

7 Likes

@BrokenVoid @Rimor @Ignatius Thank you for the warm welcome!

I’m slowly wrapping my head around how everything works and I’m looking forward to becoming part of this magiqal community!

5 Likes

Uh, hey there everybody!

So I just discovered this today and i must be honest and say that I am as much confused by all this as I am excited by its prospects. This all seems really awesome to me, the idea of interactive literature that extends past the pages is an awesome concept (and as a writer, I’m always loving those new storytelling methods).

I took the test and ended up in the Ebenguard, so I’m super excited to get started.

Not quite sure what else to say, so I’ll just end it with this… wassup fellow magic people?

8 Likes

Hello @Stormcaller, and Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community!

The Ebenguard guild leaders are @Ginger and @Ashburn! If you have any questions feel free to reach out to either us Wagoneers or to your guild leaders! There is also the Q&A topic if you think your question pertains to the rest of the community!

The Ebenguard guild hall is the best way to meet your guild mates! You can find that here!

We have several writing topics! Two of which are actually run by myself so welcome my fellow writer! Overall you’ll find the most creative things in #the-creationary area! One of my topics is here! The other is more sci-fi short story related and is here!

Once again welcome to the community! If you haven’t already (I’m fairly certain you have but it’s a formality so here goes nothing!) read over the first post in this topic and take a peek at the forum primer!

5 Likes

Welcome @AntipodeanShield, @Maverickal and @Stormcaller!

4 Likes

Welcome @Stormcaller!

3 Likes

Hello everyone!!
I’m still reading the books and trying to figure out what this is all about, but I’m super excited to get involved! I was sorted into Flinterforge which really rings true for me; I’m definitely a crafter and a creative, so I can’t wait to chat to everyone there about all our respective projects.
A little bit about me personally - I’m a Brit working in the police as a civilian staff member; I studied history at uni and have a huge passion for mythology and the medieval to early modern period, as well as for art history. Hopefully a bit of that will come in useful here! I also play various RPGs including D&D, so I’ll definitely be checking that topic out as well :slight_smile:
I’ve rambled on this long and now don’t know how to end this introduction, so I’m going to stop now xD

9 Likes

Hello @strike and welcome the to Ackerly Green Community!! It’s great to have another Brit around!

Please make sure you read the first post at the top of this thread and the forum primeras they’re super important!!

Next let me introduce you to your wonderful guild leaders @Tinker and @Viviane!! You can PM either of them if you have any questions or any of the @Wagoneers. We also have a wonderful Q&A thread where you can ask questions!

When you’re ready you can head over to the Flinterforge guild hall to introduce yourselves to your fellow guild mates!

I’m also a huge fan of Mythology so hopefully someone will create a discussion thread for it :laughing: You can find loads of creative thread in #the-creationary and you can look at other people’s work here! You can also talk about your work in the werk thread! Finally as you probably know we have a D&D topic!

5 Likes

Awesome, thank you!! :smiley:

5 Likes

Welcome @strike and @Stormcaller!

5 Likes

Welcome @strike to our community!

4 Likes

Alright, hello friends! I am Saint-Exupery, and like most of you, I too clicked on a random ad I saw on social media. Nevertheless, I’m very curious to see what this place has to offer. I am one of those good old fashioned book, philosophy, and history nerds with dreams of being a teacher. I love reading, listening to lectures, and giving them. I have a particular soft spot for the Great War, and I’m trying to teach myself more about the medieval ages. I’m from Arizona, but I’ll be making my way to Annapolis in a few months for college. I haven’t started this here book yet, but I plan on it soon. It is my pleasure to meet you all.

edit: Oh, and I’m a member of the Weatherwatch. Onward, to the further light!

9 Likes

Welcome, friend!

Are you a larper, by chance? Galerdain or empire? Maybe SCA?

3 Likes

Surprisingly enough, I’m not. The high school I worked at (and graduated from (and which I plan to work at again after college)) had asked me to wear the mascot outfit for their annual Senior Walk, where the seniors take a trip throughout the campus in a sort of goodbye ceremony.

5 Likes

Hello and welcome @Saint-Exupery!

The Weatherwatch guild leaders are @Skylad and @Remus! So if you have any questions feel free to shoot them, or us Wagoneers a message! I think all Wagoneer except for myself are asleep so I apologize for the wait!

If you want to meet your guild mates you can go here!

As for your interests if I am being completely honest I’m not sure what we have on philosphy and history although that doesn’t mean you can’t make your own topics for them! Although before making the topics I suggest asking around in the Q&A topic! We do have an entire thread designated for books though! You can find all of that in the #bookish area!

Once again I apologize for the wait! I really hope you come to enjoy your time around here on the Ackerly Green forum!

4 Likes