The Welcome Super Topic

I actually crochet them. Isn’t it difficult to knit in 3D? I don’t know much but it requires multiple sets of needles doesn’t it?

3 Likes

Hello! Anniekazoo here, new Weatherwatcher.
A few ways to describe me: Tea drinker, book reader, nap taker, yarn junky, full time nurse, mom, lover of a bearded man, body positivity advocate, Netflix watcher, pun maker, leggings wearer, cat owner, joy chooser. Belly laughs steal my heart.

6 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Forum @Anniekazoo!!!

Your guild leaders are the fabulous @Remus and @Skylad!! If you have any questions you can PM them or any Wagoneer! We also have a handy Q&A thread!

First off make sure you read the first post and Forum Primer as they’re super important! When you’ve done that you can introduce yourself to your guild mates!

When you’re ready you can dive into some topics such as Werk, Pets and currently reading!!

3 Likes

Welcome @Grayson @lunanova and @Anniekazoo to the forum, and welcome @goblin to Thornmouth!

4 Likes

Hello, I’m Zed, mundanely self employed in York, UK. I’m really into visual arts, not so good with words but I love to read, and maybe this forum will bring out some new creativity. My latest new interest is keeping air plants, they’re great for the small space I live in. I hope I’ll get to know you all better once I’ve found my feet a bit here.

7 Likes

@Zed Welcome the Ackerly Green Forum!

@Ashburn and @Ginger are the Ebenguard Guild leaders! If you have any questions feel free to reach out to them or us @Wagoneers! There are also a couple other places like the Ebenguard guild hall or the Q&A topic!

If you like reading and arts you’ll definitely like #the-creationary! It has art and writings from your fellow forum goers! Let’s see we also have a gardening topic as well as a currently reading topic! The werk topic is a place you can talk about your work or just take a look at how different we all are in terms of jobs and that sort!

Once again welcome to the forum! If you have any questions feel free to shoot me a message!

P.S. I do know that we have some other British mounties like my fellow Wagoneer @Rimor!

4 Likes

Thanks @Ignatius for the welcome, I have a lot to read and catch up on, should be fun :grinning:

4 Likes

Trust me the first book is absolutely amazing!

Don’t feel like you have to jump right in, take your time and hop in whenever! Have a great rest of your day :smile:

5 Likes

Welcome @Zed!!! I’m up in Stockton!

4 Likes

Not far off then @Rimor :wave:

3 Likes

Hi! I’m Bean, aspiring writer and currently an Illustration student.

I also love to play role playing games, and I have several DnD campaigns running, one Numenera and one MotW as well! My life is a little hectic, but these are the things I enjoy, and I hope I can get along with everyone!

I may be on and off and a little nervous at first, since this is the first forum of this sort that I’m joining (and wow, there’s so many people!) but it seems like it’ll be good fun! I’m apparently Gossmere… I do need to get to reading the books though!

8 Likes

Hello!
I just found this today through ig and probably won’t be getting around to doing much here until the summer as I’m kind of busy at the moment, but this seems like a very fun experience! I’m very happy to be here! (Also navigating the site will probably take some time to get used to)

The assessment has placed me in Flinterforge and besides that I have only read the rules and forum primer but will eventually get to everything else :laughing:

6 Likes

Hello! @Sabinebean I’m so sorry that no one has welcomed you yet!

@SabineBean The guild leaders for Gossmere are @Augustus_Octavian and @OracleSage! There is also the Gossmere guild hall! I am also a Gossmere :wink:

Bean we have a DND thread that you might enjoy!

@Mellie Your guild leaders for Flinterforge are @Viviane and @Tinker! For Flinterforge there is the Flintershop!

Those threads that I linked are for your respective guild halls so you can introduce yourselves if you so choose! On a broader area we have the Q&A topic! We also have #the-creationary which has art and writings by your fellow forum goers! We also have the gaming topic if either of you are into that!

Once again I welcome you both to the forum! If either of you have any questions feel free to ask me, a guild leader, your guild halls, or the Q&A topic listed above! I recommend reading the first post in this thread as well as the forum primer! Enjoy your adventures in the Magiqverse!

6 Likes

Ahhh, so many new Flinters! Delightful. :blush:

4 Likes

Hi all! Call me Rowan! I used to be an avid book reader and sadly life has gotten me quite distracted these last few years. I was very excited to stumble across a Facebook ad for Ackerly Green Publishing which caught my eye and has already got me reading again!

I was sorted into Ebenguard, which seemed fitting as I understand this guild to be about balance and I’m a pretty firm believer in the world needing its natural balance!

Once again, I’m very very excited to learn more about this community!

8 Likes

Welcome @SabineBean, @Mellie and @Rowan!!!

@Rowan your guild leaders are @Ginger and @Ashburn! If you have any questions you can PM them or any of the Wagoneers! We also have a handy Q&A thread you can go to for answers!

Before you get started make sure you read the first post and the Forum Primer as they’re super important!

When you’ve done that you can introduce yourself to your guild mates and dive into some topics such as currently reading or book recommendations!

3 Likes

It’s alright! I knew my nocturnal ways would be a curse rather than a blessing here haha! :blossom: Thanks for the warm welcome @Ignatius @Rimor !

4 Likes

It’s fine we have Wagoneers across the globe to try and make sure we cover as many time zones as possible. It just so happened that you message during one of the gaps :laughing:

3 Likes

Hello! I’m an Australian uni student (my courses currently involve culture and linguistics with a focus on asia) in my first year and I’m so excited to delve into this world! I used to be a big bookworm but during the intensity of college my reading basicaly slowed to nothing until now - the magiq ad I saw must have been a sign haha

In my spare time I like a variety of videogames, attempting to draw, D&D and some podcasts! And other things of course :slight_smile: other fun facts: I’m currently learning Japanese, and I’ve dabbled in Korean/Spanish but have left them on hold for the moment… and I have a pet dog!!

I was sorted into Thornmouth and I felt the description was very fitting :o

9 Likes

Haha, I’m tricky like that! Don’t worry, it’s all good. I love the dedication though! Now you’ll have another person up at a silly time to meet other fools up at that time @Rimor ! :blossom:

3 Likes