4. The Search For Magiq: Peering Arts

Oh I don’t think it’s the solution to all our problems. Far from it.

Sullivan, the BoB and to some degree the Magiq Guide have put obstacles in our way that, in time, led to discovers that HAVE solved whatever ‘now’ problem we had at that time, however. If our spell peering into the veil (and to some degree the Guide) unearthed this, it’s the next logical step on whatever path we are on.

But I totally agree, if you’re right, and whatever past that textbox doesn’t magiqally save the day we can totally work on another plan in parallel. We have the manpower to persue both lines.

Edit: Also @SabineBean,sorry didn’t mean to drown you out. I haven’t yet tried the old house names, but it’s a good idea. The thing I’m stuck on is how to boil down 6 elements into a 12 character phrase. It just boggles my mind. Maybe the houses have abbreviations, or there’s some other indicator.

15 Likes

Oh, don’t worry about it at all! None of this is my forté so all I can really do is dribble some odd ideas here and there and hope something sparks light in someone else’s mind! That and doodle, those are my two skills haha!

EDIT: also yeah, I have no clue about 12 letter words. There’s 12 x’s, but do we need to have 12 letters? Or does that refer to something else entirely?

12 Likes

do we still have any magimystic words that are twelve letters long?

11 Likes

I believe we used all the words we had or else they were keyed for the Book of Briars.

11 Likes

You know I was thinking. I wouldn’t restrict it to a word, or even to letters. I think that’s an assumption that may be holding us back.

16 Likes

We are the best, I swear.

GOT IT

I took the page numbers for each guild, in order of Peering Arts pieces received.

25 Likes

You are awesome!

14 Likes

Heh. I had a few possibilites written down when I saw your post. One of them worked. If only I was faster!

Edit. I won’t spoil what’s behind there but it just made me love the guide all over again.

17 Likes

CRAP. I JUST left home, too! Gonna be late to this ;-;

10 Likes

Oh, wow. I think Robert was right, this does have something to do with the Peering Arts spell.

In the old BoTW AG paperwork there was one mention of a revised edition of The Guide to Magiq that included a test for determining your “guild bearing”, but it wasn’t clear if it was ever finished or just a concept.

We found another piece of the Guide. Incredible.

19 Likes

so its a sub-guild? Is this going to create infighting? Should we be cautious about this?

11 Likes

I doubt it. At least not for us. The 3 Balimora bearings look very compatible. And we have new affinities to explore.

Inwardian Eye . I’m guessing something to do with introspection and empathy.

19 Likes

We should create a topic for those who figure out the solution to discuss their results. I don’t want to spoil anything, but I just unlocked it too. It’s like reading the Guide for the first time.

18 Likes
17 Likes

Man, all the people I wish could be here to see this. Ascender, Itsuki, Augernon. You found something new, a light in the darkness. I’m proud of you, Mounties.

20 Likes

Not to jump the gun or cut the celebration short or anything, but… How do we get this out to everyone else? Maybe these new affinities can help the Sanctuary and other lodges - but can they access it if they haven’t been able to access the forum? I know they’re sort of… two different things, but with the veil getting thicker and pushier, I want to extend as much help to our friends as we can.

17 Likes

It’s a good question, @Hekate. I think this is where we come back to @Augustus_Octavian 's idea of brainstorming ways to use the affinities to get through.

The best part of combining these two ideas is that if no one knew about these affinities before, or at least they were very rare or lost knowledge, then it’s possible Determiner 12 wasn’t build to stop these new affinities.

They might just go right through and give us new ways to reach out. I’m hoping some of the gossmere find some more detailed communication affinities.

19 Likes

I had some ideas for reworking the determined 12 along with some protection spells. Ill take a photo of my notes when I get to work… I left them on my desk.

12 Likes

Hhh. Still super struggling on what i need to do. Which guilds match which symbols, again?

7 Likes

Tides - Ebenguard, Ore - Flinterforge, Thought - Thornmouth, Wilds - Balimora Light - Weatherwatcher, Aether- Gossmere :wink:

12 Likes