4. The Search For Magiq: Peering Arts

I noticed that there might be a reference to the mirror lady in the guide when I was flicking through it

7 Likes

Can you quote me? Iā€™m going to double-check my letters and make sure Iā€™m not inputting the wrong one. The second dictionary I tried gave me nothing longer than 8 letters.

7 Likes

This passage just seemed to stand out

9 Likes

Thanks! Yeah thatā€™s pretty unsettling. Never saw it before, but it could have been there forever for all I know.

9 Likes

Gonna shamelessly double post: no luck on the redone letters. Longest words Iā€™m getting are ā€˜rethoughtā€™, and ā€˜hearthrugā€™ if anyone wants to try and work that into something.
Original letters kept giving me ā€˜gumshoeā€™, which was fun.
Here are the letter combos if anyone wants to run their own and see if something stands out to them:

HFEGUOMEGSWUT
THERETHGUARTOUG

If I couldnā€™t figure out which one exactly it landed on/pointed to I took the ones to either side as well just to up the chances something would work.

10 Likes

Interesting that it says ā€˜thereā€™ in one of them. Has anyone tried anything about butterflies? That might sound odd but the visuals of the overlaid runes had a butterfly shape, and the monarch butterfly is a thingā€¦ Itā€™s probably a dead end but Iā€™d like to give it a brief try (but I canā€™t find where the thing to put passwords in is)

10 Likes

Sabine, itā€™s right at the bottom of this page.

11 Likes

Donā€™t worry, that page has definitely been there the whole time (though if the creeper has been around long enough for the Guide to referenceā€¦ :knatzspoopy:).

13 Likes

I think Iā€™ve stared at this rune way too much. I swear every time itā€™s in the corner of my eye I see it blinkā€¦

10 Likes

I tried a lot of passwords with ā€œMonarchā€ in them. Using ā€œbutterflyā€ only leaves three more spaces for letters so Iā€™m not sure what else to add to it to get a password.

9 Likes

I know someone said that spaces count towards the number of letters. Has anyone checked if punctuation does? Everyone keeps saying they see a butterfly in the layered runes image, but I see a moth. DEATHā€™S-HEAD is 12 letters if you count the punctuation, for instance.

11 Likes

I believe it normally counts as a character elsewhere so Iā€™d assume so? :ā€™)

I havenā€™t had reliable internet for a few days but Iā€™ve been catching up and trying a few (mostly nonsensical) word combinations of my own.

For reference ā€œseven guilds,ā€ ā€œseventhguildā€ and combos of butterfly + eye have no effectā€¦

weird angle but worth a shot right

10 Likes

Welp, deathā€™s-head didnā€™t work.

9 Likes

So my intellectual side is screaming graphs. Perhaps these are graphs. The runes that is. If we can figure out their equations we may get a numerical passcode. I just donā€™t know how we would start this process. Long shot? Probably. Worth a shot? I think so.

11 Likes

Thereā€™s never a wrong time to break out the equations.

10 Likes

So after beating my head on anagrams for a while (in a fun way) I decided to look at this from a new viewpoint.

Maybe the Peering Arts spell didnā€™t uncover a flaw within the veil, but instead is revealing more within the guide itself. The spell is intended to reveal things after all, and the guide is a part of the spell now.

If thatā€™s true, then the following bits and bobs might come together to find a solution.

• Weā€™re looking for a 12 character answer
  • The Guide to Magiq probably plays an essential part in finding it
  • The order the elements revealed themselves to us in the spell is probably important.
  • Each element is tied to a guild.

I have a good feeling about this line of thought. Call me crazy.

18 Likes

We still have a very ā€œnowā€ problem of The Silver trying to find the Sanctum.

19 Likes

Yes, very good point to remember the big picture. Trust in the flow of magiq. :slight_smile:

If the guide is asking us something, Iā€™m just saying itā€™s probably not a bad idea to figure out what it wants.

Weā€™ve done a lot of good for people by following where the magiq goes and taking it one step at a time. Hopefully enough magiq still exists that it still works this way.

15 Likes

Well itā€™s not really our problem as long as weā€™re stuck in here. Once we get out then itā€™s our problem

10 Likes

ā€¦ have we tried anything to do with the old names of the guild? Not sure if itā€™s relevant in this case, but itā€™s maybe worth a try? Also thanks for the link @Nimueh

12 Likes