The General Discussion Super Topic

There are currently 2 flocks of magpies having a territory dispute over our apple tree. So loud. Such screaming. Even the birds are stressed today.

12 Likes

Ran out of likes today trying to catch up on all Iā€™ve missed, bless :cherry_blossom: Good to see you all seem to be doing really well recently! Love yā€™all :cherry_blossom:

15 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure this badge has been miss named.
Addicted might be more accurate.

21 Likes

Welcome to the club Sapphire!

14 Likes

Hey pals! Just a quick announcement that we will not be having a Community Hangout this month, as weā€™ll be celebrating Thanksgiving with our families next week. Weā€™ll do a big end of the year Hangout in December, and until then, we hope youā€™re all staying safe and well and want you to know that we are incredibly thankful for you!!!

18 Likes

Thanks for letting us all know!

6 Likes

Iā€™m so excited for the Martin candle. It seems exactly to my taste :deirdreexcited:

12 Likes

Yeah, these better go on sale in time for holiday shipping, or at least my mid-Jan birthday because I need Deidre & Martin.

13 Likes

No candles for me until at least after Xmas :frowning: sighs in international shipping

9 Likes

Iā€™m looking forward to getting the Ben & Alistair one :eyes:

9 Likes

I know. Iā€™m so sorry about that. USPS international priority shipping rates for these candles start at around $28 and I charge a flat rate of $19 which means I donā€™t make a profit on the candle but my international readers get candles and thatā€™s what matters most to me. If you have tips regarding future shipping or what other US companies youā€™ve bought from do I am all ears cause itā€™s bugged me for years. Iā€™ve even sneakily peeked at other small business international rates by using some of your international addresses to see what their rates are and theyā€™re so high.

12 Likes

Oh no, itā€™s nothing wrong with the way you guys are doing it, itā€™s just the nature of it. TBH, youā€™re one of the best companies Iā€™ve ordered from internationally. Iā€™ve had parcels from 30miles away take longer than the two weeks it takes for your stuff.

12 Likes

Haaaaaa well I never intended on needing to know the ins and outs of international shipping when I started all this so Iā€™m happy to hear any and all advice. :cjheart:

10 Likes

Happiest Thanksgiving to all my American Mounties, and a big thanks to all my Mounties, wherever you are, for spending another year with me. We weathered 2020 together, and Iā€™m so grateful for you all. There were days when the only thing getting me out of bed was knowing this community was here and we could create something wonderful together. :cjheart:

18 Likes

As a new person, Iā€™ve been pouring over posts and threads, and am so far somewhat disappointed. I see so much heavy traffic and involvement during 2017 and some 2018, so Iā€™m wondering where is most of the energy and activity focused as of late ? Has some of this lost steam and or active members ? Whatā€™s anyoneā€™s take on this. Where can a new person trying to catch up fit in the best and do the most good.

4 Likes

There are lulls through the year, but also this year has mostly been occurring in the Briar Society which is a hidden topic.
CJB covers the basics of Briar Society in his post here
https://forum.thebriararchive.com/t/todays-a-big-day-the-briar-society-elemental-buttons-surgery/5024

6 Likes

@TacticalStoic, thanks for exploring the forum and asking a question Iā€™m sure many new readers have! 2016-2018 was the time period when The Monarch Papers, Ackerly Greenā€™s Secret Society, and the Search for Magiq took place as free experiences on the forum, so thereā€™s a lot of content for them out in the open.

This year, to support me/the company financially, I planned both a free experience and a ā€œpremiumā€ experience called The Briar Society, which is TMP for the price of a paperback a month. Because of COVID and some big changes personally (a cross-country move being one of them), the free experience had to take a backseat while I focused on the experience many readers had paid for.

For 2021, I have much more planned for the forum, both in and out-of-world, but this year I had to direct my attention and resources to the experience that will keep the lights on at Ackerly Green. The forum has definitely been quieter this year than most and I plan to change that. :cjheart:

16 Likes

Great news thank you !

6 Likes

That reminds me I need to sign up for Briars before it closes again.

You know what it makes me think of? Novelists who wrote in serial format.

9 Likes

Signing up for TBS was one of the first things I did. Iā€™m hoping I can get all caught up on the books and past events before things really kick off again. Almost done with Flora and Fauna. Wish I could dedicate more of my time to reading but alas, I too have bills to pay.

11 Likes