The General Discussion Super Topic

I’ve now signed up with TBS. Am i waiting on some correspondence or are we all in the same boat trying not to drown in information and twisting paths of narratives. Ha !

10 Likes

And I’m now signed up for the next year :relaxed:

5 Likes

Welcome! Since we’re in a weird transition from the end of this narrative to the beginning of next year (and ongoing) keep an eye out for an official welcome to the 2021 TBS chapter in the next week or so. It will walk you through how you found The Briar Society and what happens next!

14 Likes

I’ll use the time for my ND brain to read through what I can of the lore :relaxed:

7 Likes

I almost forgot about renewing, glad I checked in and saw this in time.

8 Likes

Sounds like I showed up at just the right time! :smiley:

4 Likes

I’m excited, but also anxious about not knowing enough. I get in the mindset that if I don’t know everything perfectly, then I’ve failed.

8 Likes

Understandable, but its being a bit harsh on yourself. No one here knows everything. You are in good company and most welcome with whatever you know about whats going on.

10 Likes

I felt that way too, but it’s not terribly hard to catch up, and the Mounties are amazing at helping with that. Watch, ask, join.

8 Likes

What the mountaineers know couldn’t fill a thimble. Totally reminded me of that quote :sweat_smile:. But yeah, @Alligatoramberlee, it’s chill here and people help out. I’ve done TBS for the past year, I still haven’t finished TMP so even if you can’t get through it all, you should be able to manage.

15 Likes

Good to know that one can still participate even having not finished TMP. That said, I just finished Flora & Fauna. Now I’m off to Cosmos & Time! Wheee!

10 Likes

This is probably just the 2AM brain getting in the way, but is the annual enrollment paid up-front in one go, or is it still a monthly payment? On the enrollment page, it says $100 but also says “billed monthly” so I figured I’d check before I got too far in…

9 Likes

How long is enrolment open for 2021?
I’m not going to be able to afford it till I get paid at the end of the month, but have every intention of renewing.

7 Likes

It was all upfront. I think the wording might be a copy edit slip up?

9 Likes

It was all at once, can confirm.

9 Likes

I think last year it was open through at least January? It mainly had to do with estimating a manageable roster of folks for the first year.

9 Likes

@Tinker, annual enrollment is billed in full upon enrollment, as @Ashburn and @Alligatoramberlee said! Apologies for the confusion, the registration page is still going through a few tweaks.

@Sapphire, We’re going to be keeping enrollment open all year on a rolling basis this time around, but enrolling before the narrative begins in February will ensure that you get to be a part of some of the more immersive upcoming events, as it gives us time to work those details into the story.

Hope that clears things up!! Definitely don’t hesitate to reach out with more questions.

13 Likes

Hey I have a question for you guys, what if you don’t fit in to any of the guilds? I have some characteristics from all of them, but not one makes me feel like “wow they got me, I’m definitely mostly this guild”. I feel like I’m in a separate guild, or no guild, altogether sometimes. Any thoughts?

7 Likes

I’ve found that the assessment is accurate. It took me a while of contemplation and immersing myself into this world before I actually began to accept that I really am Ebengard. I do recommend, if you haven’t, you take the second part of the assessment to find you guild bearing. That helped clarify things for me.

And we are all reflective of all the guilds; your guild is where you fit the best.

I hope that helps!

14 Likes

Thanks for the help!

5 Likes