The Currently Reading Super Topic

I just finished the Mistborn Trilogy by the amazing Brandon Sanderson and I’m curently reading his Stormlight Archives books among my textbooks.
Mistborn: If you like stories of medieval fiction with profound story telling and magic systems, read Mistborn. If you want a quick summary then feel free to reply and ill get back to you as quick as I can!

9 Likes

MAN. wait until you hear about the fact theres a mistborn set in victorian era complete with cars and guns. Thats the alloy of law, also known as the Wax and Wayne Quadrology.

5 Likes

Actually just finished the Alloy of Law! :wink: but some people find the fact that reading more than one book at a time a superpower/confusing so I tend not to bring it up lol

6 Likes

LOL. I mean, hey. I find that once i finish a series, i cant wait even a week between, I HAVE to go buy the next part, so for those like me its probably a good idea to mention multiple at once. Helluva investment, but its a good one.

5 Likes

Yeah once I finish a book I have to get the next or something similar. If I can’t find something similar I just write my own to keep myself occupied/in the universe.

4 Likes

I used to read 3 or 4 books at a time in high school. I don’t know why I stopped.
Also, the doing everything you can to mentally “stay” in the book’s universe or mindframe after you finish? V. Relatable.

5 Likes

Nothing came out that could pair up, after a while.

4 Likes

I read so many books at once, whilst writing a book + 2-3 short stories at once so I definitely have to stay in a universe (or many!) lest I lose whats going on. That was an info-dump but one worth writing.

4 Likes

I can only read more than one book at a time, apparently. I have a friend who describes me as “the most polyamorous reader” she’s ever met, because of the number of books I’m reading at any given time. :joy:

14 Likes

I identify with this label through and through!

5 Likes

Call me old fashioned but look at what I ordered!

17 Likes

Wow! What an interesting looking book! Whats it about? Im soooo curious >w<

Is this see jay bee guy any good? His names spelt wrong, its berenstain!

6 Likes

I just now got this reference while reading it and I feel incredibly stupid now lol.

4 Likes

lmao

4 Likes

I am currently reading “The Hearing Trumpet” by Leonora Carrington. It’s a really interesting book, one I am having a bit of trouble following. I think I will stick it out though, it came so highly recommended!

8 Likes

Im reading A Spell for Chameleon right now.

8 Likes

Was an interesting world. I tried the sequel, but couldn’t get into it.

5 Likes

it’s alright. there’s a ton of books in the series

6 Likes

Is that a Peirs Anthony?

6 Likes

yeah. I say he’s like the American knockoff of terry pratchet :joy::joy:

5 Likes