SOLVED: King Rabbit's Burrow: The Second Fragment

Well, I don’t feel like I did enough to warrant recording my name but I did it anyway because when I “unlock fragment two” I don’t see anything (like the scraps of paper from the first one.) And I thought I had to put my name in to be able to see stuff. Probably just a bad internet connection and the page isn’t loading all the way for me. Blurgh.

Great work, everyone. But I hate to break it to you @Endri-- I don’t think we’re done with KR. Those last two “magical words” slots have to lead to something.

3 Likes

:rabbit::hammer: I see new scraps of paper, one that mentions “eye of the moons” which I assume is some sort of plant/flower like “fraylily.”

4 Likes

The first time I hit the page the image refused to come up for me also. I just attributed it to network issues and/or magical gremlins. I refreshed a couple times and got it.

3 Likes

I missed part of investigation, but could you please let me know how fourth part (“re”) was transformed to link and “Brandon Lachmann did not die in 1986” label appeared? I mean that initially (after magic word input) it was just a text “re”.

3 Likes

I feel like we should perhaps start a topic for the rabbit’s “bonus content.” I can copy @Robert s recent summary post over there. Thoughts?

3 Likes

Sure the third part ‘re’ was opened when we figured out the third set of Magic Words King Rabbit wanted was ‘Ming Fay’. He is a sculptor who did an art installation in the Staten Island Ferry Whitehall terminal after it burned down. The installation depicts 28 indian canoes in granite.

Edit: Oh you asked about the 4th part, sorry. I’m dense.

The clues referred to a shuttered, but beautiful subway station under city hall. The name of the designer was Rafael Guastavino and that solved the puzzle I believe.

4 Likes

Well I guess it’s obviously not needed for the second fragment, so I guess it deserves a new category or be moved to exploration yeah.

3 Likes

Thank you, but when we found solution for the 4th part, only word “re” was opened. But then it was somehow transformed into link. Was it made automatically or some other puzzle was solved for that?

3 Likes

New topic created in exploration!

3 Likes

Ah. KingRabbit didn’t open the 4th video until we had found the hidden word in the 3rd video first. Apparently he wanted us to do them in order. Once we found the 3rd word, the 4th video was unlocked.

4 Likes

Well, well, well…

And just in time.

Did you enjoy my new collection? I admit it was rudimentary, primitive even. But what do you expect? I’m not used to having thumbs.

Painting is fun, but I think I prefer curation.

Got to run, time is ticking and the treasure I was promised is almost in my (his?) hands.

I’m just so impressed with you lot. You finally managed to put your heads together and almost make one whole brain.

Toodles!
-KR

4 Likes

Could this reference the xxxxxxxxTick-Tockxxxxxxxx clue on his page?

3 Likes

Check out The Book. :grin:
Great work folks.

5 Likes

I LOVE THAT, @Endri!! Congratulations, everyone!

4 Likes

Today I will have the thing that I was promised.
To mark this day I’ve kindly hidden a clue and a secret within the burrow.
Because I like you.
And you’re dumb.

Will miss you deeply.
-KR

3 Likes

Anyone else checked out the “clue” KR left? I’m assuming it’s the dashed line leading down to the X. But how that is even a little bit helpful, I don’t know. Is it supposed to indicate “down the rabbit hole?” Is it a Dennis the Menace reference? Is it pirate map where X marks the spot?

4 Likes

It definitely looks like a treasure map now.

4 Likes

The second draft page was the gift we got for solving the first bonus clue with the time codes.

That dotted line. I’ve been toying with the idea X means ‘X marks the spot’ but can’t find a use for that. This makes it doubly look like that.

4 Likes

Ah, my mistake!

However, I did find other clues and things! There is a hidden link [spoiler]above the “Brandon Bachmann did not die…” text[/spoiler] that gives all kinds of information and the magic words for the puzzle at the bottom of the page, which are [spoiler]“Richard Churcher 1681”[/spoiler].

This gives us another link to a new [spoiler]paper scrap image[/spoiler] (see below):

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

5 Likes

Very nice find! Very interesting stories in there about the others. Although…I still have no idea what the hell the ‘X’ means.

3 Likes