4.5. The Search for Magiq: Runes Storehouse

Saving these here for comparison and posterity since navigating through the thread for them can be cumbersome.

Eaves gave us some insight into the meaning of these.

All thanks to @Nimueh for digitalizing these.

Tides:

Ore:

Ore.png

Thought:

Thought.png

Wilds:

Wilds.png

Light:

Aether:

I’m getting a real “Power of 3” vibe from these.

Tides has 3 distinct sections, and two of them each have 3 hashmarks.

Ores has 3 outer sections, 3 inner circles, and a triangle in the middle.

Thought has 3 small circles in two difference places.

We know Ascender and the original mounties were heavily into butterflies and the number 33. Could the double 3 hashmarks, and the double 3 circles represent 33?

All tin foil hat thoughts appreciated. :tinfoilhat:

19 Likes

Tides honestly kind of looks like one of those diagrams you’d see in a geography book where the planet is cut open so you can see the molten core.

13 Likes

I’ve seen images like these before, but it was in correlation to Luciferian sigils used for the “contact and manipulation of acausual entities”.

I don’t think these are at all related to that, but the similarities are striking.

12 Likes

I wouldn’t assume they are unrelated, at least not totally. If these runes are from the Book of Wild then surely it’d be easier to spread them out to different faiths to try to hide them then just remove them entirely.

Give some to Wicca, some to Luciferian, some to druids, etc, etc, etc and its unlikely no one will ever piece them all back together.

Even meglomaniac world editors probably cut corners when they think they can.

16 Likes

Also, a lot of the 3s seem to come in pairs, and 3 plus 3 is 6, which has always sort of come up as a “magimystic” number (six elements, six guilds, etc.)

16 Likes

So tides are related to the moon.
Ore may also be related to the moon if it refers to moonstone ore.
Thought is related to the moon in Norse mythology, and perhaps others as well.

I’m just spitballing here.

9 Likes

Following the moon connections:
Wild is associated with the moon in Greek/Roman mythology.
Aether fills the universe and is what the moon is supposed to be surrounded by/moving in.
Light…bounces off the moon from the sun?

8 Likes

What if these are like star charts!
Different phases and positions of the moon cycles of neithernor?

10 Likes

There are both “Moon” and “Sun” guilds, remember.

13 Likes

That would also fit with the theme of six. Five moons and one sun.

9 Likes

I guess we’ll have to wait for another rune to appear in a tome before we can continue speculating! :’)

8 Likes

I think there will probably be three moon and three sun; we’ve just seen two of the moon guilds’ entries so far (Ebenguard and Thornmouth) so it might just seem like there’s only one sun (Flinterforge) based on the pattern in this sample size. But we’ll just have to see!

12 Likes

I was more thinking along the chronocompas and such. But I didn’t think about guild themes.

8 Likes

Seeing how terrible I am at drawing, and having digitised the rune I found, I may have also done the others…

Tides:

Ore:
Ore

Thought:
Thought

Wilds:
Wilds

17 Likes

You are awesome, @Nimueh!

11 Likes

Great work, @Nimueh!

13 Likes

Epic. :sunglasses:

It just hit me that those hash marks look a bit like Ogham…

14 Likes

So here’s a runes question. Did Ascender put them in here intentionally? Or did we somehow manifest them when we used our spell to dig into the warding hex?

I’d be really proud if we managed to unlock some ‘primal distillation’ of the elements on our own.

16 Likes

If Ascender knew about them, he’d tell someone… Wouldn’t he? Sure, he’s kinda headstrong and willful, but he doesn’t seem like the type to keep magiqal information to himself unless there’s a really good reason… Maybe the runes have a double function; 1. Potentially locking/unlocking the BoB door; 2. Locking/unlocking information about themselves?
Maybe Ascender was on the track to discovering them/what they do but… Outside forces intervened - like with the '94 crew. They were on the right track, but they didn’t have all the puzzle pieces so they couldn’t finish alone in their own time. They had to cut themselves off so that we could put the last pieces in place. And so the Runes locked his experiences so we could follow along, like the fragments led us back to the '94 crew? And once we figure out how they work, maybe we can reach back through and help again???
We’re still missing so much information… Maybe the next journal/rune will help fill in some gaps :pensive:

9 Likes

I half way wonder if they are also connected to us being able to use certain guild affinities to communicate through the veil?

8 Likes