4.5. The Search for Magiq: Runes Storehouse

Ascender May not have mentioned the runes because he didn’t want us trying to tamper with the veil. He probably knew we wouldn’t be able to sit idly by in the dark.

8 Likes

Is that something we want to try yet? I mean… while we’re waiting for more info, we could try another method of getting more info?
Faulton Fray’s Decay might break down the barrier, or it could backfire and destroy the progress we’ve made… Uproot might help lift the veil, or it might accidentally displace someone to another plane… Mend seems like it could be a safe way to repair communication… Unless it ends up reinforcing the veil and making it even harder to make contact outside… I’m more familiar with the Balimora affinities, and it’s on my mind since we most recently gained the Wild Rune…
I’m nervous about the backlash since we still don’t totally know what we’re dealing with, or how much magiq reserves we have available, but I want to help reconnect with our allies and figure out what in Chaos is going on!

7 Likes

I’d wait until we have more information. Maybe Ascender’s later thoughts include his rationale behind the barrier, or more importantly, any weakness.

12 Likes

Yeah definitely wait. The runes may not actually work unless you have all of them. Just like a key in a lock. You have to hit all the tumblers just right in order to unlock it. One wrong twist and you run the risk of jamming the lock shut for a very long time.

10 Likes

I agree, we should save deciding what to do next until we have all of the information the journals will give us as well as all of the runes. I’m not one for waiting games either but it’s probably best for all of our safety.

9 Likes

Last two runes edited. Defintiely a theme of either 6 or 3 and 3.

14 Likes

So we might need this thread now for reference with the new password box discovery

9 Likes

agreed. Whats immediately striking to me is that the center of said rune looks like the two orbiters in “Thought”

10 Likes

So unless a Balimoran here can make some sense of this chaos then unfortunately overlapping all of the runes doesn’t do much.

11 Likes

Adding the eye from the password page lines up best with aether and tides, though they still don’t make anything specific.

8 Likes

Well it does show why determiner 12 didn’t work

8 Likes

It is chaotic, sure… But can anyone else see a butterfly in it, or is that just me?

6 Likes

I think I see what you mean

5 Likes

Maybe they’re supposed to go in a certain order around the central eye rune?

5 Likes

Could we try making each of the runes and different color and then layering them to see if anything stands out better?

6 Likes

Different things this symbol looks like it might represent:
Lunar/Zodiac calendar
Star chart
Clock
Sun
Eclipse
Lantern
Mirror
Cell splitting
Star splitting
Map coordinates
Keyhole (I know it’s actually a keyhole, but there’s no harm in redundancy)

I know the Galifanx quests were about constellations, could this be representing one of those? I feel like we’re still missing some key element here :laughing::laughing::unamused:

10 Likes

Yeah I’ll try making them each a different color when I get home, maybe that’ll make something stand out more.

7 Likes

I see a bee pollinating a flower

5 Likes