What's Your Signature Item or Accessory?

@Ignatius oh lovely! I love the sound of both of those necklaces, and little red lobster print is such an adorable mental image! I love shirts with print of little animals on them, they’re always so cute! And it’s always a good plan to keep some first aid gear on hand. I always carry plasters and scissors, though that may be just because I’m an artist (I also always have a pen and a lighter for similar purposes)

6 Likes

If you look carefully you can kind of notice that what people carry slightly relate to their guilds. Just a little fun fact I’ve noticed.

7 Likes

In your case it’s a big ole ‘I’m a healer and I’m in the healer group!’ sign, which is so sweet. And yep, some definitely do relate to their guilds! It’s an interesting thing to see! :blossom:

8 Likes

I mean you aren’t wrong lol

5 Likes

You can do prescription sunglasses on Zenni for pretty cheap…They should be putting up their funky festival options soon, and you can get the reflective coatings!

6 Likes

@Ignatius

Sounds like an homage to Ranger’s Apprentice!

6 Likes

My signature clothes would be dresses in sage or forest green, for sure! I have lots, it’s just a colour that suits me well. As for accessories - I wear the necklace that’s in my profile picture quite a bit, and I wear lace ribbons in my hair 80% of the time. I also have a leather bracer-style thingie that I got from the Bloodstock music festival that I wear a lot.

I’ve got a few things in my bag all the time, too - embroidery stuff, a notebook and fountain pen, my sketchbook.

I think it’d be pretty easy to make me into a character and I might draw it at some point!

11 Likes

I’m kinda curious to know how I would look if someone were to draw me now xD

6 Likes

@Alissiya that’s lovely! Green is such a wonderful colour, and so under-used by so many. It’s good to see someone flourishing in it! And lace ribbons sound adorable! You should go for it, drawing a sona (or similar, I suppose?) Is always fun (I say, despite the fact that I very rarely draw myself)

@Rowan well, I have a pocket @pocket in my drawing queue, and I’m so tempted to draw a cute goblin @goblin, if they’d like me to… I might make a separate thread where I do little sketches of people as fantasy creature characters. It’s just a concept right now, but I’m very much considering it!

10 Likes

I decided not to wear a tie to work today (yay, Friday!) and I legitimately feel so awkward and out of place. It’s strange how much we come to depend on all these little items to make us feel like us.

10 Likes

@SabineBean that sounds lovely. You are very talented :blush: I would very much like to see these sketches

5 Likes

@Augustus_Octavian it is interesting, isn’t it? But it’s also such an odd feeling. Once you start to wear an item often enough it becomes a big part of your morning ritual.

@Calm thank you! If I get that big ‘ready to draw’ energy I might just make that thread!

8 Likes

There are some very characterful people here and some very talented expressive souls. It’s a rich palette to work from.

I may have also sprinkled a little more of my being around since you and @Rimor inspired me to share more

6 Likes

@Rowan It definitely is! I just finished reading the latest Ranger’s Apprentice: Royal Ranger book! It was fantastic!

5 Likes

That would be awesome @SabineBean!

@Ignatius I loved that series! Though I cant remember exactly where I left off on it.

7 Likes

I’ve set up a little thread for the thing I mentioned here , so if anyone wants me to draw them as a fantasy creature or similar hop on over there and give me the info! :blossom:
That way this thread can stay as talking about significant items, accessories and outfits!

10 Likes

So I know it’s a weird thing to call my signature item but I’m tethered to my phone, I cant go anywhere without it and when I’m at sea(active duty navy) I even have it active with no signal. I cant leave it put and I cant take myself to leave it. The other item I consistently have with me is a writing utensil, be it a pen or pencil, even if I dont have something to write on

6 Likes

Ooh, that’s really interesting! I also try to always carry a pen or pencil (or whole pencil case) with me at all times, hi five! :blossom:

4 Likes

if i can get my hands on an oak leaf, made from steel, id keep it on me basically at all times. Rangers apprentice fans will probably get what im referencing xP

5 Likes

Electroplated leaves were popular at the handicrafts market last year. I can keep an eye out this year if you’d like?

8 Likes