What's Your Signature Item or Accessory?

My signature item would def be my ring, which I inherited from a great aunt. I’ve worn it every day for nearly fifteen years now.
I mean, I wear practically the same exact outfit every day, so I’m pretty close to being a cartoon character.

10 Likes

An inherited ring sounds like something fresh out of a supernatural mystery @Cirydae ! Be careful you don’t start manifesting sudden and confusing supernatural powers! Sounds like a fantastic item though! :blossom:

7 Likes

Ha there’s like a 50/50 chance that I personally am haunted, but I won’t stop wearing the ring to see if that’s why.

13 Likes

Someone’s gotta be! And that’s a good choice, it’s also possible the ring is protecting you from said haunting. Most of all, it’s got sentimental value, and that’s more powerful than a lot of things!

5 Likes

I do love this thread and enjoy that without intent many of us find comfort in thematic and styles either intentionally or otherwise. We are creatures of habit and ritual. I think both yourself @SabineBean and @Sellalellen have wonderful sticking tastes and natures. It’s nice seeing how we each have such nice flourishes of expression.

I have had to give up wearing my rings as training has swollen my finger joints. I don’t wear much jewellery at all except a rotation of wooden plugs in my ears. Beyond that I tend to always wear Vans choosing those with the classic gum rubber soles. I’m always in dark jeans (I don’t wear shorts unless it’s training) and a black print tee or check shirt with the sleeves rolled up. I think my true signature items would be my tattoos. They use to be less visible however they now creep up my hands neck and over many surfaces. I think everyone sees the clover on my neck before they see the word “family” across it and the vibrant flowers and waves seem to be more memorable than my name.

10 Likes

Honestly, my blue hair. I can’t really wear anything at work, we have a uniform, but my hair helps me feel more like me at least. I wanted it blue since I was a teen, and finally just did it about a month ago.

9 Likes

@Cirydae well being haunted I’m sure must have it’s perks and I’m sure just enhances the quality of company I think such a meaningful item is a great way to both be remembered and to remember another.

3 Likes

I love inherited things! But it’s to the point where I have too much stuff I’ve inherited, and I need to cut down on it.
It does mean I have a lot of really interesting jewellery, though!
Haha whoever haunts me just gets to see me singing myself through daily tasks

6 Likes

@Calm Thank you! I’m enjoying picturing you. With the plugs and the dark clothes plus tattoos, you give off such a friendly mental image! Like you’re going to chill with a cup of [insert fav beverage] and tell me the stories behind the tattoos, and what you’ve been up to! It’s a very nice aesthetic.

@flybat3 work uniforms are tricky, but I’m glad you’ve got your bright hair to make you feel better about it! Bright hair is such a fantastic way to express yourself! I can’t wait to go back to bright colours myself, I always feel happier when my hair is the way I like it. Do you feel the same? Hair’s one of the things we can show our natures with, without worrying about clothes messing up or choosing what to wear. Blue hair will stay blue for much longer than clothes stay clean, after all!

5 Likes

Singing yourself through tasks sounds incredibly enjoyable and like the best company to haunt if I were to linger beyond life.

I can appreciate the gathering and sense of hoarding. That has been much of my life as a family tradition. My mother gathers so many oddities and trinkets as to be well suited to a studio Ghibli characterisation. I have found necessity strips me of gathering and hoarding. Now I just collect good company. I miss wearing my rings but I cherish there memories.

6 Likes

@SabineBean thank you :pray:
I am a rather simple guy I think. I’m lean (everyone assumes emaciated until it comes to sparring rounds) I have chosen colour tattoos and love the shades of grape, reds and blues. Each tattoo does have a meaning either philosophical or experiential. I mentioned once before a love of runes as magiq and a connection to tattoos as I believe each tattoo has a transformative effect on being.

Given the choice I will always be holding a mug (often a bright enamel tin cup) with either filter coffee, tea or a mushroom brew. Otherwise I am sitting at the side of a tatami listening to the flow around me. I enjoy when company is shared and warm. I also wear a lot of black haha; Melbourne perpetual winter greys. Despite my vegan choices I wear an old leather jacket I won in a bar contest when I was a cocktail bartender. I wear it because it is organic and I cherish the memories attached to it.

8 Likes

@Calm a picture perfect life! You’re practically a character already, that’s fantastic! I mean, technically, we’re on the forum, we’re kind of characters in this… But that’s not quite what I mean, I’m sure it makes some sense? (It’s almost 4 am, it’d be foolish to expect any sense out of my mouth. Or hands, in the case of typing) Old leather items are always good, they last so long and cause no harm to the world around them. Second hand leather! It’s fantastic stuff. Take good care of it and it lasts longer than a person!

7 Likes

I think you are right @SabineBean we are all characters in a way. Either in the Magiqverse or life. We are a reflection of perception. I read and loved a comment recently that there are a million versions or concepts of us that live and ie. Many of which we don’t even perceive. Everyone that merely glances at us or reads our words constructs a version of you. Therefore, self concept, ego and identity can be formed and disposed at will as we grown and challenge their limits.

I’m pleased with my current incarnation and hope that within this community that I can contribute in my own passive way. I think I’m probably the sort of Flinterforge you’d find fixing a toy for a kid or tending a pot plant until you wanted a conversation or found a need. I love the idea of the alchemy of the mundane and the Astral Thinking of asking questions pertaining to perception (yes I know a Thornmouth trait but I’m poly I get to have my cake and eat it to) I would say mine is the magiq of thinking and doing. Not in grand edifice but in mending and perceiving in small ways for personal struggle and growth.

9 Likes

@SabineBean Yeah, I mean for several years I experimented with long hair…but like the blue just feels right. Plus because of how its cut and how short it is, I dont really even have to brush it. If I wanna fancy spike it a bit I can, but usually I just run my hands through it until its the desirable level of messy.

5 Likes

@flybat3 blue is fantastic! And messy is good. I haven’t brushed my hair properly in a loooong time. Messy feels right, y’know? Glad to hear you’ve got a style that suits you perfectly!

5 Likes

I forgot to edit my post yesterday, so I’ll just make a new post now. These are the sunglasses I mentioned earlier. @SabineBean @Rowan

19 Likes

@metatomato yoooo these are fantastic! I love how they reflect the world so wonderfully! The scenery is also nice! I haven’t seen a waterfall like that in a long time. :blossom:

6 Likes

@metatomato Those are slick! I actually have a couple of sunglasses from Blenders that are reflective like that! But again, I rarely wear them as I’m kinda blind lol

5 Likes

I wish I could wear sunglasses more. I used to wear them all the time when I had contacts, but I only have glasses again so I can’t wear any of my favourite pairs.

6 Likes

I only just now found this!

I constantly wear my two necklaces. One has my dog tags (one from a couple friends, one from rotc) and a silver oakleaf on it. The other is a thin gold chain with a tiny golden fire helmet on it that used to be my Dad’s. Other than that about once a week (or whenever I decide to do laundry) I have a white button up/formalish shirt that has little red lobsters on it.

I also have my medic bag which is consistently with me. Unless I go somewhere i’m not allowed to have bags then I just throw some of the contents in my pocket and go.

10 Likes