The Welcome Super Topic

Hello! @SXCKWXNDXRER I’m the Gossmere Wagoneer!

Our guild leaders are @OracleSage and @Augustus_Octavian! So any troubles or questions can be directed at them or us @Wagoneers! The other Wagoneers are @Rimor and @BrokenVoid! Both of which are Thornmouths!

Once you’ve been on the forum a bit you can pop a post over in the guild hall! Until then I recommend reading over the forum primer!

Once you get a chance shoot me a message of your interests and I’ll try and point you in the right direction! Welcome to the community!

3 Likes

Welcome to the community @DarriusDei, @Aurelia, @Aemorniel and @SXCKWXNDXRER! I’m the Gossmere Wagoneer! If you need any help shoot me a message!

3 Likes

Well,
I’m just nearly finished with high school and working towards a future in Greek based archaeology. I’m very much into mythologies from different cultures but Greek mythology especially. I’m an adventurous spirit and I love to read and draw. I have a huge thirst for knowledge and I love caring for and learning about various plants and animals.

9 Likes

Welcome @Oddity to the Ackerly Green Community!! As you’ve probably seen I’m Rimor :laughing:

First thing you should do here is check out the first post on this thread and the forum primer as they help you get orientated around here!

Next let me introduce you to your guild leaders @Ashburn and @Ginger!! You can PM either of your leaders if you have any questions or any of the @Wagoneers such as myself, @Ignatius and @BrokenVoid. We also have a Q&A thread where you can also ask questions!

When you’re ready you can head over to the Ebenguard guild hall to introduce yourself to your fellow guild mates!

A couple of threads that might interest you are fantasy novels, writing and food and drink!

4 Likes

Welcome @SXCKWXNDXRER!

2 Likes

@DarriusDei I’m not sure if we have a topic dedicated to mythologies themselves but we do have a language topic as well as a hobbie topic! As for the reading feel free to check out the #bookish category as that has all things book related! Drawing we have the sketch thread! Then for plants we have the gardening! Last but certainly not least we have a pets thread!

Once again welcome and if you need anything feel free to shoot one of us a message!

3 Likes

Oo, I took archaeology as an A-level, though I focused on ancient Egypt. Greek myth is really cool too though!

Also, hey, :wave: I’m one of your guild leaders, lol :smiley:

4 Likes

Welcome @DarriusDei, @Aurelia, @Aemorniel, @SXCKWXNDXRER, and @Oddity to the forum! I’m Void, one of the Thornmouth Wagoneers. Very happy to have so many new faces!

3 Likes

Hi @Rimor (and @Ignatius, @BrokenVoid) :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s interesting to see folks with interests in archaeology… I was a professional archaeologist until 2016, when I ended up leaving academia to pursue my interests with more freedom. I now work in tech in order to fund my own research - recreating the ancient mystery schools of Ancient Egypt, Greece, Rome, and a few other areas of specialization as well.

Needless to say I am also involved in modern mystery schools (Freemasonry, etc).

My friends think of me as a real-life Indiana Jones/ Lara Croft cross-over, so I did laugh a bit when I read over the Weatherwatcher thread about “What should we call ourselves” and someone said “Pirates” – haha. Convinced me I am in the right guild.

That aside, I am a dark fantasy fan; particularly Tolkien (as my name may suggest), Lovecraft, and honestly the entire Warcraft mythos for its interesting blend of these sources (among others).

The reason I was drawn to this site, is because when studying mystery schools (past and present) one is inevitably drawn to the question of why they exist. It seems apparent that our ancestors deeply believed in a war between Order and Chaos, and that the mortal mastery of magic was essential to determining the successor. The emphasis on this is certainly lost in modern mystery schools, where the esoteric is regarded as “whimsy” perhaps, or “something we do because tradition says we should” – and perhaps a glance around at the modern “empires” of our world, and what they value, when compared to the values of past empires, demonstrates what happens when the “reason” for fighting the war gets lost beneath the distracting barrage of a constant stream of media… and being told how to think.

Obviously, I was intrigued by the paradigm laid forth in The Monarch Papers that suggests this is so :wink:

10 Likes

Hello ! my name is mora nadur. this is all very new to me but i hope i can contribute to all of this in some way! i’m not very good at introductions but i love anything magic and ive always got my nose stuck in a book so i started volunteering at a library so i could read on the job :sweat_smile::heartpulse: i love cute lil bugs and little critters that i get to see on my hikes! i know this is a bit long but i hope that my time here is a lot of fun!

10 Likes

Welcome @Mora_Nadur to the Ackerly Green Community! I’m Rimor one of Thornmouths Wagoneers!

Do you know what guild you’re in?

3 Likes

AH IM SORRY ! i didn’t know i forgot to include it !!! i’m part of the Ebenguard guild!

7 Likes

@Aemorniel I said a bit not an essay! :joy:

You sound like an absolutely fantastic and super cool person! You’re gonna have to tell everything about your work and your hobbies as they sound amazing! Also I’d love to know more about Freemasonry as I have a friend who’s part of it!

It was my suggestion we call Weatherwatch pirates as its really fitting :laughing: Also you definitely remind me of Lara Croft, Indiana Jones and Nathan Drake!

We have a fantasy book thread you can talk about your favourite dark fantasies in!

Also you’re gonna rival Professor @Robert with those lectures as I really wanna know more now! :laughing: Maybe when you’re more settled you can make a thread to talk about mystery schools and TMP!

5 Likes

Well dang you put my interesting job of being a medic to shame :joy:

@Mora_Nadur Your guild leaders are @Ginger and @Ashburn! Once you’ve been on the forum a bit you can go here to meet your guild mates! I highly recommend checking out the forum primer and if you have any troubles feel free to reach out to us @Wagoneers!

6 Likes

Ahaha don’t worry it’s fine, I gotta step away quickly but the wonderful Wagoneer @Ignatius will get you orientated and show you to some relevant threads!

3 Likes

Welcome @Mora_Nadur, I’m Void, a Thornmouth Wagoneer! I also have quite the interest in bugs, so I think we’ll get along well. You can see pictures of a few of my critters in the pets topic.

3 Likes

As for the rest of your interests! Seeing as you volunteer at a library and read on the job I assume you like all things #bookish! Speaking of which you might like that category! As for hikes you might like mountie adventures! Although you could definitely also post about said hikes or any other hobbies in the hobbies topic!

3 Likes

i’ll be sure to check them out! thank you so much!!!

4 Likes

i’d love to see pictures of them !

3 Likes

@Mora_Nadur I’m so sorry we messed up your welcome!

You should also check out the first post on this thread and the forum primer as they help you get orientated around here!

Also you can PM either of your leaders if you have any questions or any of the @Wagoneers such as myself, @Ignatius and @BrokenVoid. We also have a Q&A thread where you can also ask questions!

When you’re ready you can head over to the Ebenguard guild hall to introduce yourselves to your fellow guild mates!

4 Likes