The Welcome Super Topic

a BaliWatch! Welcome! im chi, im a balimora, myself. Pleasure to be the first one sayin hello. You’ll be hearing from a wagoneer shortly, i assume, who’ll tell ya where to go next. just to speed that process along, @Wagoneers ?

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Rabbitfighter! Sounds like an incredibly wild life you’ve had so far. I play a little bit of mandolin myself just every now and then, I think it’s a really nice instrument.

Once you’ve read the first post of this thread and the forum primer for the rules and how to get started, feel free to check out our general discussion topics or the currently reading supertopic.

When you feel ready you can visit the Balimora Gathering to introduce yourself to your new guildmates and get to know others. You can also visit the Balimora guildhouse. Your guild leaders are @Nimueh and @Helios if you need anything, or feel free to message any of us Wagoneers.

Very happy to have you in our community!

8 Likes

Thank you! I’m excited to participate! It looks like I’m not able to post in the Balimora introductions/welcome thread- is it due to my low member level, or is the thread locked?

Edit: I’ve also noticed that many links to different sections of the forum have numbers appearing in a grey circle after the text- for example, in your post @BrokenVoid, “general discussion topics” is followed by a 1, and “Balimora Gathering” is followed by a 2. What do these numbers indicate?

4 Likes

Yes, after a few hours exploring the forum you will be able to interact with your guild, but for the moment it’ll only be discussions.

I believe those circles are the number of new posts in that link since you’ve visited it, I don’t know for sure though.

4 Likes

Hello !

Wow, introductions are always kind of spooky because you never really know what to say. Here goes nothing !

You all can call me Nevi ! I discovered this new world via a Facebook Ad, and I am more than excited to venture on. The Guide led me to Flinterforge, which I believe aligns perfectly with my craft - loving nature and engineering - oriented brain.

I studied Biomedical Engineering in school and am still searching for exposure into the field. While I do, I work locally as an instructor at a math learning center. I am absolutely crafting obsessed, constantly trying to learn new ones. Sewing, crocheting, knitting, custom Mickey Ears, etc etc. I love playing video games, reading, writing ( roleplaying especially ! ), traveling, anything caffeinated, space, magic, puzzles, warm blankets . . .

Ahh as you can probably tell, I rant a lot, haha. Getting a little ahead of myself.

Really looking forward to reading the books and joining this community :cherry_blossom:

11 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Nevi! Biomed sounds so cool, I’m currently a microbio major and it’s super interesting. I also got pulled in through the Facebook ad.

Make sure you read the first post of this thread and the forum primer for the rules and how to get started here. We have a currently reading topic and a video game topic that you might be interested in.

After a few hours exploring the forum you’ll be able to interact with the Flinterforge page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and check out the Flinterforge guildhouse. Your guild leaders are @Revenir and @Viviane if you need anything, or feel free to message us Wagoneers.

Very happy to have you here, we hope you enjoy the community!

6 Likes

Hi everyone, I’m Skald.

Father, poet, reader, rabbit, sometimes a fish. Chronic devil’s advocate. Theatre school drop out.

And now I can add Eberguard to the list!

10 Likes

Welcome to the forum, @skald!

I’m Ashburn, one of the Ebenguard guild leaders along with @Ginger. If you have any questions about anything, feel free to shoot either of us or the Wagoneers a message!

Beyond that, it looks like one of those Wagoneers is about to give more details, so to not steal more of their thunder I’ll leave it here. :endriwink:

…okay, I lied. We seem to have quite a few folks with theatre backgrounds around here (myself included :hermanthumbs:).

7 Likes

Hello and welcome @skald!

The Ebenguard guild leaders are @Ashburn (who just responded, sorry to steal your thunder lol) and @Ginger! If you have any questions feel free to shoot them or us Wagoneers a message! There is also a Q&A topic if you think your question pertains to a larger portion of the community!

Other than that we have the Ebenguard guild hall for introducing yourself to your guild!

I would personally recommend that you read over the first post here as well as take a peek at the forum primer as that helps get people situated!

I’d love to hear more about your interests to help point you towards channels that have something you enjoy or the like!

Once again welcome to the Ackerly Green Community! I hope you enjoy your time around here!

@Ashburn don’t feel bad about stealing my thunder!

6 Likes

Welcome @Rabbitfighter, @Nevi and @skald!!!

6 Likes

Thanks @Ignatius and @Ashburn!

Interests? Where to start? Theatre, poetry, reading books, music, creating endless playlists. I’m a project manager by day, a gay dad by night, and I love sour beers and red wine :wine_glass:

6 Likes

Steals Ignatius’ thunder

I’d recommend that you check out Currently reading, Mounty playlists and Food and drink!!

4 Likes

Hello there! I’m Finn, or Honeysuckle, either or.

I’m a uni student from Australia, studying visual art, and a big fan of writing. I saw this place advertised on Instagram, got sucked in by the amazing art for it, and- well, here I am! I’m an Ebenguard, which suits me just fine- I love playing paladins, so this is right up my alley. I’m about to launch into reading flora and fauna (to avoid my assessments), and I’m really excited to get into here!

11 Likes

@Honeysuckle Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community!

The Ebenguard Guild leaders are @Ashburn and @Ginger! If you have any questions please shoot them or us Wagoneers a message and we’ll help in any way we can. There is also the Q&A topic if you’d prefer going there!

There is a place where you can meet your fellow guild mates over in the Ebenguard Guild hall! I’ve met some really amazing Ebenguard here on the forum so i’m absolutely certain that if you have any problems they’ll help you out! Actually everyone i’ve met is amazing so I’m multitudes of certain.

Seeing as you didn’t explicitly talk about your interests I’m going to take a gander based off you saying you play paladins that you play DND or that you enjoy video games! Now if there are any other questions about finding a topic about something you enjoy please shoot me or really anyone a message and we’ll help you find or maybe even create one!

Once again welcome to the Ackerly Green Community! I apologize for my welcome being super long but its super late and I wanted to make without a shadow of a doubt sure I covered everything!

6 Likes

Welcome @Honeysuckle!!!

3 Likes

That I did not, my apologies! My interests do indeed include dnd and video games. I’m also a fan of Egyptology, drawing, fine teas, and baking! Not to worry about the reply length- being Australian means I tend to be on at odd hours for yall. Nice to meet you, and @Rimor as well!! I’ll be sure to introduce myself there as well!

8 Likes

Just before I finally go to sleep I’ll help point you in the right direction!

Drawing/Writings: #the-creationary

Baking and teas (I’m sure there are “fine” teas there as well I just haven’t heard that term lol) can be found here!

I don’t think we have a set Egytpology topic but we do have the language topic as well as the general discussion topic and i’m sure that someone in the general disscussion topic would be able to chat with you about it.

With that I’m off to bed, goodnight!

4 Likes

Goodnight, thanks for the help!!

5 Likes

Hi everyone!

I’m Delicia. I’ve found my way here through a Facebook Ad I think - the Guild icons intrigued me to no end. Regardless, as a huge fantasy nerd I couldn’t resist giving the Magiq Test a go and found myself in Ebenguard… and also in the sublime world of Ackerly Green. An immersive story about magic in the everyday - how was my little DnD playing, story-obsessed, bookworm heart supposed to resist?

I’ve finished the first volume of the Monarch Papers and plan to start the second volume soon-ish. I’m really enjoying getting absorbed into the world and the story is so interesting!

I’ve already read the primer and the rules and I’m looking forward to exploring the forums, meeting like-minded Mountaineers and finding a place in Ebenguard.

10 Likes

Hey Weiryn

I’ve introduced myself below but was looking through the welcome topic because I saw a mention that a number of Ebenguards had joined recently and I was curious about my new fellow guildmembers.

I’m a DnD player too… and also a lawyer (across the ditch, in Aus actually) so I totally get what you mean about Ebenguard feeling like it fits as a result. Balance and mediation and justice - I wonder if there are more of us in here?

Anyway, thought I would reach out and say hi. :wave::smile:

6 Likes