The Welcome Super Topic

Weā€™ve found that people who take the Magiq Guide assessment end up being pretty spread out among the six guilds, but the moon guilds (Ebenguard, Thornmouth, and Balimora) often seem to be drawn to the forum more than the sun guilds (Weatherwatch, Gossmere, and Flinterforge.)

15 Likes

Thank you @CJB for the info I find that super fascinating. I was and still am anxious about using the forums Iā€™m hoping it helps with some of my social anxiety. So thank you for taking the time to share. I appreciate it.

10 Likes

Hi guys Iā€™m completely new here!
My name is Morgan and Iā€™ve been sorted into the Gossmere guild!
Working on catching up with the narrative which should be a lot easier since Iā€™ll be officially finished with university tomorrow!

Iā€™m a psychology student and I volunteer with mental health services at the moment, very much hoping to have a career in mental health in the future.

Outside of university I play D&D and I love creating artwork! Especially drawing characters I create!

Very much looking forward to getting involved!

10 Likes

Welcome @MorganaMagica! Itā€™s always nice to see another Gossmere!

Your guild leaders are the fabulous @OracleSage and the amazing @Augustus_Octavian!! You can PM either of them if you have any questions or the Wagoneers! Thereā€™s also a Q&A thread link above that you look in for frequently asked questions and also ask questions in!

First off though make sure you read through the first post and the forum primer as theyā€™re super important!

I think youā€™ll really like #the-creationary as its where a lot of our artistic Mounties post their art and creative stuff!

8 Likes

Perfect!
Thank you so much @Rimor for the advice! All read up on the forum primer and the first post so Iā€™m gonna have a little explore!

6 Likes

Have fun and beware of rabbit holes! :laughing:

EDIT: Oh almost forgot to mention @MorganaMagica that when youā€™re ready you can introduce yourself to your fellow guild mates over in the Gossmere welcome thread!

4 Likes

Hello, everyone!
Iā€™m Rhue and am newly sorted into Thornmouth.

Iā€™m about halfway through TMP1 and thought that would be a good point to begin to get to know you folks (and get my hands dirty, magimystically speaking, lol).

Offline, Iā€™m an IT hardware tech from South Carolina. When Iā€™m not working or reading I enjoy home brewing (some beer, mostly Mead) and have been known to attend the occasional renaissance festival.

Also sorry if I spoke out of turn (this isnā€™t my first post). I have read the rules and forum primer now. I appreciate the guidance!

10 Likes

Welcome officially @Rhue_Hyngwar!! You donā€™t have to start here or even introduce yourself but we usually recommend it as this place can be very confusing! :laughing:

As youā€™ll probably know @Sellalellen is the thornmouth leader so you can ask her questions as well as any of the Wagoneers! Thereā€™s also the Q&A thread you can check out as well!

When youā€™re ready you can introduce yourself to your fellow guild mates in the thornmouth welcome thread!

EDIT: Also I believe that somewhere on here it explains how you can join the thornmouth guild. It gives you a little tag and a guild badge next to your name! If I can find the darn thread Iā€™ll link it! :laughing:

5 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m Adrienne, but you can call me WyrdOne. My guild is Ebenguard and itā€™s glorious to be here.

10 Likes

Inhale Welcome @WyrdOne to the Ackerly Green Forum!

@Ginger and @Deyavi are your guild leaders so you can PM them if you have any questions! The wagoneers are also happy to answer any questions you may have! There is also a Q&A thread thatā€™s full of frequently asked questions. If the answer you seek isnā€™t there then you can always ask there!

Make sure you read everything in the first post and the forum primer as both are important!

When youā€™re feeling up to it you can introduce yourself to your guild mates in the Ebenguard welcome thread! Exhale

So now the formalities are over tell us a bit about yourself!

5 Likes

Well, Iā€™m a 15 year old nerd with nothing but time and snacks on her hands.

4 Likes

Heyo! Iā€™m a 15 year old loner with a bit too much time on his hands and too loose a grasp on reality according to most around me. Iā€™m really quiet so you probably wonā€™t be hearing much from me, sorry about that in advance. Although Iā€™m really interested in the narrative and a firm believer of magic being real.

7 Likes

Hello and welcome @NixOt!

No need to apologize for being quiet! Make sure you read through the forum primer as that will help get you situated! The first post up at the top will help with that as well! If you like the narrative you might like the #the-creationary as that has a lot of creative things including writings by your fellow Mounties or stuff like that!

Unless I just missed it I donā€™t see what guild you were sorted into, if you havenā€™t yet taken the test you can take it here!

Welcome to the forum and I do hope to hear more from you!

5 Likes

Welcome @NixOt! Itā€™s always nice to have young blood around! It doesnā€™t matter if you lurk as a lot of people do, you can just join in when you feel comfortable!

@WyrdOne well youā€™ve come to the right place as weā€™re all massive nerds around here!

Where in the world are you from @NixOt and @WyrdOne?

4 Likes

Chicago, Illinois

6 Likes

Welcome @WyrdOne! (I wish I had snacksā€¦) Welcome @Rhue_Hyngwar,@LucianTaurus, and @Bitterblossom!

@MorganaMagica itā€™s good to see a fellow Gossmere join!

I really hope you guys have fun around here!

4 Likes

Hey there, Iā€™m from Brampton, Ontario

4 Likes

Oh awesome! We donā€™t have a lot of central Canadians as far as Iā€™m aware! (Though I might be wrong as there are a lot of people here :laughing:)

4 Likes

Nice to meet you @Ignatius!
Lovely to meet a couple of Gossmere friends so early on!
Big thanks to you and @Rimor for the warm welcome :heart:

6 Likes

Oooo Iā€™ve always wanted to go to Chicago @WyrdOne!

3 Likes