The Welcome Super Topic

Hello, I was attracted to the guide through an Instagram post; which aligned my interests with the Thornmouth guild. This is my first forum to ever be apart of and it seems very lively and interesting to say the least.

7 Likes

Welcome @MadamePopova, @Runa and @LucianTaurus!!!

@LucianTaurus your guild leader is @Sellalellen!! If you have any questions you can PM her or any of the Wagoneers! There’s also a Q&A thread you can look for answers on or ask questions!

Make sure you read everything in the first post thought and also the forum primer!!

3 Likes

Hey at @Rhue_Hyngwar I didn’t see a post from you on here so can you please check out the first post here and read through the forum primer.

We strongly recommend you start here when joining the Forum as it can be a confusing place and we need to know you’re orientated properly and you understand the community rules/guidelines :slightly_smiling_face:

Hope you’re enjoying yourself here!

3 Likes

Hello @Runa ! Seems we share interests in herbal medecine and fiber crafts. :):smile: Welcome!

7 Likes

Greetings all!

I just started on this adventure as I’m just now working my way through Flora and Fauna.
I’ve flirted with joining a few times and finally caved.
I was placed into Thornmouth.
This is my first time reading a book via digital media. However I’ll still probably cave and acquire the hard copies. I’ve always been a bookworm/book hoarder and I enjoy my house plants and small herb garden. I also have a flock of cats that each demand attention in their own ways. I do play video games when I can snatch the time.
By night I am a caregiver at a local facility by day I tend to my grandmother.

11 Likes

Welcome @Bitterblossom we’re glad you finally decided to join us!!!

The fantastic @Sellalellen is your guild leader! You can contact her or any of the Wagonners is you have any questions! There’s also a Q&A topic where you can find answers and ask questions!

But first make you sure you read the first post and the forum primer!

When you’re all caught up you can pop over to your guild’s welcome topic and say hi to you fellow guild mates! I think you’ll really like the pets thread and the gardening thread! There’s also the #bookish category which has loads of threads on books!

5 Likes

Welcome @Runa, @LucianTaurus and @Bitterblossom to the forum and to Thornmouth!

5 Likes

Thank you, @MadamePopova !

I love cats as well, as I have two. My oldest, Agni, just turned 13 this April. Artemis will be 12 this year. I hope they live to 100! I also am really into food ( especially learning techniques and food as medicine) and DIY/ threadcraft. Do you spin? I have used a drop spindle for a while and can’t get the hang of a wheel, though I must admit, I haven’t tried very hard at it, lol!

7 Likes

Thank you!
So many of us newbies are being placed in Thornmouth. Funny that I woke up this morning from a dream that I had been placed in Balimora.

6 Likes

Yes there have been quite a few new Thornmouths lately

6 Likes

That’s because we’re the best guild :wink:

7 Likes

Thank you for the welcome! @BrokenVoid I wonder why so many of us have been placed in Thornmouth? Hmm.

5 Likes

We’ve found that people who take the Magiq Guide assessment end up being pretty spread out among the six guilds, but the moon guilds (Ebenguard, Thornmouth, and Balimora) often seem to be drawn to the forum more than the sun guilds (Weatherwatch, Gossmere, and Flinterforge.)

15 Likes

Thank you @CJB for the info I find that super fascinating. I was and still am anxious about using the forums I’m hoping it helps with some of my social anxiety. So thank you for taking the time to share. I appreciate it.

10 Likes

Hi guys I’m completely new here!
My name is Morgan and I’ve been sorted into the Gossmere guild!
Working on catching up with the narrative which should be a lot easier since I’ll be officially finished with university tomorrow!

I’m a psychology student and I volunteer with mental health services at the moment, very much hoping to have a career in mental health in the future.

Outside of university I play D&D and I love creating artwork! Especially drawing characters I create!

Very much looking forward to getting involved!

10 Likes

Welcome @MorganaMagica! It’s always nice to see another Gossmere!

Your guild leaders are the fabulous @OracleSage and the amazing @Augustus_Octavian!! You can PM either of them if you have any questions or the Wagoneers! There’s also a Q&A thread link above that you look in for frequently asked questions and also ask questions in!

First off though make sure you read through the first post and the forum primer as they’re super important!

I think you’ll really like #the-creationary as its where a lot of our artistic Mounties post their art and creative stuff!

8 Likes

Perfect!
Thank you so much @Rimor for the advice! All read up on the forum primer and the first post so I’m gonna have a little explore!

6 Likes

Have fun and beware of rabbit holes! :laughing:

EDIT: Oh almost forgot to mention @MorganaMagica that when you’re ready you can introduce yourself to your fellow guild mates over in the Gossmere welcome thread!

4 Likes

Hello, everyone!
I’m Rhue and am newly sorted into Thornmouth.

I’m about halfway through TMP1 and thought that would be a good point to begin to get to know you folks (and get my hands dirty, magimystically speaking, lol).

Offline, I’m an IT hardware tech from South Carolina. When I’m not working or reading I enjoy home brewing (some beer, mostly Mead) and have been known to attend the occasional renaissance festival.

Also sorry if I spoke out of turn (this isn’t my first post). I have read the rules and forum primer now. I appreciate the guidance!

10 Likes

Welcome officially @Rhue_Hyngwar!! You don’t have to start here or even introduce yourself but we usually recommend it as this place can be very confusing! :laughing:

As you’ll probably know @Sellalellen is the thornmouth leader so you can ask her questions as well as any of the Wagoneers! There’s also the Q&A thread you can check out as well!

When you’re ready you can introduce yourself to your fellow guild mates in the thornmouth welcome thread!

EDIT: Also I believe that somewhere on here it explains how you can join the thornmouth guild. It gives you a little tag and a guild badge next to your name! If I can find the darn thread I’ll link it! :laughing:

5 Likes