The Welcome Super Topic

ANOTHER WEATHERWATCHER!!! Welcome @aswarmofbees it’s wonderful to have you on board! I’m Sky one of you guild leaders, feel free to PM or @ me whenever! @Remus is my partner in crime and has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to Ackerly lore!!! He’s also down for a chat if you have any questions you would like answered :grin:

9 Likes

Thanks, glad to be a Watcher!
I’m really excited to be a part of this community.
Thanks so much for the warm welcome, and I’ll keep that in mind if I have any questions :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Hi there everyone! I’m currently reading TMP1, and the assessment placed me in Weatherwatch. I am a biomedical scientist (specializing in neuroscience - my username is a play on the type of cells I study :nerd_face:), but I am also a HUGE bookworm. I haven’t participated in a forum in about 15 years, but I am in love with the idea of readers shaping the narrative of this story, and I’m very excited to get involved!

12 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @Somebranches! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as your work, hobbies, and book recommendations!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Weatherwatcher. The leadership roster will tell you your guild leaders as well as who takes care of what around the forum. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

We’re all very happy to have you here, and hope you enjoy being part of the magiq!

4 Likes

Hi all. New Thornmouth. Just discovered all this this evening. I’ll be doing a deeper dive later tonight and tomorrow. But excited to discover what all this is about!

10 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community and to the Thornmouth guild @Berenger! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as writing, currently reading, and hobbies!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Thornmouth. The leadership roster will tell you your guild leaders as well as who takes care of what around the forum. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

We’re all very happy to have you here, and hope you enjoy being part of the magiq!

5 Likes

ANOTHER WEATHERWATCH!!! :spiritseergimme:

Hey @Somebranches I’m Sky one of the Weatherwatch guild leaders. I’m always happy to answer any questions you may have so don’t be afraid to @ me if you need any help

7 Likes

Thanks so much for the warm welcome, @Skylad! Very excited about learning more about weatherwatch and magiq in general!

7 Likes

Thanks for the welcome! I’ve downloaded the first Monarch Papers and am gonna spend the morning poking around the site trying to get up to speed.

7 Likes

Hello, I am back again? Is there a place where I can get caught up on almost a year of not being here?

12 Likes

Welcome back!

A fair bit has happened since…April?

Looks like the Search for Magiq picked up about a month after you were last here. Those particular topics have “Search for Magiq” in the title (and are numbered in order!).

Some of the more recent threads after those are labeled a bit differently, perfect time to work on that master list I’ve been meaning to take a stab at. :laurensmile:

Edit: and here’s the shiny new table of contents!

10 Likes

I guess I’m in the right place with this one, but there’s not much to say yet.

Hi—I’m catching up. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I pay the bills by being an attorney, but I also write fiction (mostly fantasy/sci-fi, some horror and romance, and some that blends pieces of that together). I ended up in Thornmouth, which makes a great deal of sense.

I have a pretty long background with shared narratives, by way if MUD/MUSH/MOO/MUX/whatever you want to call those things. I am proud to say that I have reportedly brought other people (whom I never met) to tears at least twice by writing a character’s death. I have always loved puzzles and riddles, and remember fondly Kit Williams’s books (Masquerade and The Bee on the Comb) among others.

I will be quiet for a while while I catch up. (And I intentionally rewrote that to use “while” twice, so I can ask whether you pronounce them differently in that sentence.)

—L

11 Likes

And I forgot to mention that @CJB is getting a fair amount of side-eye from me, based on that photo on the author page, for being a virtual doppelgänger, or perhaps a younger-looking version. I wonder if he has problems being recognized as “that guy from Mythbusters” (Adam Savage) as well?

—L

8 Likes

That’s probably the most flattering lookalike that’s been suggested to me so I very much appreciate it. :cjheart:

I usually get people that are primarily mainly known for their personalities, not their appearance. Although I’m not mad about Yukon Cornelius:

MreE5-D2_400x400

13 Likes

Despite all video evidence (and i think literally being on a google hangout with you in the past), this is who you are in my head now.

8 Likes

I’m okay with that.

7 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community and to the Thornmouth guild @Lexington! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as writing, currently reading, and hobbies!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Thornmouth. The leadership roster will tell you your guild leaders as well as who takes care of what around the forum. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

6 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @shcisig0! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as book recommendations, pets, and hobbies!

If you haven’t already, you should take the Guild Assessment to find out what magimystical guild you belong to. The leadership roster will tell you your guild leaders as well as who takes care of what around the forum. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

4 Likes

Hello All,

The name’s Khaosrook. Great to finally be here. My wife has been telling me about this forum and I am very excited to jump in and see what awesome things are happening in this community.

Cautious and wary by nature, I like to think of myself as someone who is ready and able to help a good cause. I guess it’s not too surprising that I was sorted into Ebenguard!

Real life, I’m just your every day exhausted pigeon looking for something to sink my teeth into and get excited about. I enjoy playing video games and have recently been watching a lot of dramas on Netflix haha.

Looking forward to getting to know more of you!

11 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @Khaosrook! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as video games, currently reading, and hobbies!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be an Ebenguardian. The leadership roster will tell you your guild leaders as well as who takes care of what around the forum. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

5 Likes