The Welcome Super Topic

Hi strangers!

Kalixes here, it’s a pleasure to meet you all :blush: I’ve just discovered this awesome IP through instagram, and I’m completely captivated but what I’ve seen so far. I’ve done the assessment and I belong to the Flinterforge guild :raised_hands:

I’m a VFX Editor by trade, so lots of linux-based command coding for visual effects-heavy films, but my true passions lie in creative editing for indie films :slight_smile: . I love cooking, reading and nothing entices me more than convincingly creative urban fantasy, so I absolutely love the concept of ‘building your own narrative alongside the story’.

Looking forward to learning the secrets behind this magiq-filled world~

10 Likes

Hey @Kalixes! I’m Ignatius (if you couldn’t tell :wink:) the Gossmere Wagoneer (and part-time goofball)

As for your guild leaders they are the awesome @Tinker and @Viviane! Personally haven’t got to talk to either in depth but I’m sure their cool! So if you have any questions you can shoot them, or us @Wagoneers, a message!

Once you’ve been in the community a bit you can go hang out in your guild hall here! Other than that please do not forget to check out the first post in this topic along with the forum primer! That’s of course assuming you haven’t done that already!

Now that the boring… I mean essential :wink: part of my greeting monologue is out of the way (about time right?) Now we can get into the links!

I’d love to hear more about your work here as that’s the work thread, and where else would you put work stuff? As for the cooking we have the food/drink as well as the… hmm that appears to be it, never mind then. (Coulda sworn there was another one somewhere, oh well guess not lol) Lastly for reading we have both the #bookish category with obviously all things book related! Then if you want creative thingys from your fellow forum goers go to #the-creationary category!

Once again welcome! If you need anything shoot me a message!

6 Likes

The other food related one is specifically for recipes!

6 Likes

Welcome to the community @Kalixes! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer. Happy to have you here!

5 Likes

Hi fellow members.I am very excited to delve into the future knowledge pool here.

9 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community and to the Thornmouth guild @Burntmeat! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as book recommendations, hobbies, pets, and D&D!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Thornmouth. Your guild leader is @Sellalellen, feel free to message her or any of us @Wagoneers if you need help with anything. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

We’re all very happy to have you here, and hope you enjoy being part of the magiq!

3 Likes

Welcome, @Kalixes! Great to have you! You sound like a great fit for Flinter. What are your favorite indie films?

(And @Ignatius, I promise we’re super cool! We should talk more so I can prove it to you! :joy:)

5 Likes

Welcome @Burntmeat! I’m Ignatius the Gossmere Wagoneer! I’m curious as to what made you chose that name lol Seeing as I’m heads to bed have a good day/night!

(@Viviane I’m totally down to chat but it’ll have to be later when I don’t have to get up in 4 hours lol, have a goodnight!)

6 Likes

Hello all!

So excited to have found this. I’m a stage and screen actor by day (and night) and an avid reader 24/7. I love sci-fi/fantasy, leaning fantasy. I’m also a new but devoted member of some D&D campaigns and I’m very excited to have found Magiq so I can explore even when my friends can’t settle on a time. Someday I’d like to finish writing my novel and any of my many half-done crafting projects.

I was stunned to be so accurately (as far as I can tell) pegged with Weatherwatch. I can’t wait to dive into TMP and get caught up so I can start creating. So far, I love the tone and I’m eager for what’s in store :fallen_leaf:

15 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @Lyra! I’m Void, one of the Thornmouth Wagoneers.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as book recommendations, hobbies, your work, and D&D!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Weatherwatcher. Your guild leaders are @Remus and @Skylad, feel free to message them or any of us @Wagoneers if you need help with anything. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

We’re all very happy to have you here, and hope you enjoy being part of the magiq!

5 Likes

Hello, My name is Lace Amaulda and I just found this group/series last night. I was put into Gossmere which is really fitting from what I have sleepily read. I am nocturnal due to night shift work and will be excited to meeting you all. I am reading the Flora and Fauna and got 1/3 done so far.

15 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @ShinyAgate! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as currently reading, hobbies, and pets!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Gossmerim. Your guild leaders are @Augustus_Octavian and @OracleSage, feel free to message them or any of us @Wagoneers if you need help with anything. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

5 Likes

Thank you so much.

6 Likes

ShinyAgate is such a perfect username for a Gossmere :gossmere:

11 Likes

Hello! I’m an OG Thornmouth from the early days of AG, but due to personal reasons I couldn’t keep up with the world of Magic. Welp, I feel it’s time to light my mindflame alight again and join everyone again!

13 Likes

Welcome back, great to have you!

5 Likes

Hello all,

You may call me @Zephyr. The Guide to Magiq sought me out and directed me here, and I am thoroughly elated to be pulled into the fold. The mysteries and secrets shrouded in this magiqal community of many walks is captivating to me. The assessment has placed me in @Flinterforge, which seems apt. I look forward to every glimpse I am allowed into this hidden world and every one of you I meet along the way. I am currently reading through TMP: Flora & Fauna and every topic here that catches my eye, hoping to catch up any time soon. Any pointers would be helpful. Here’s a little snippet about me.

I am a Plumbing Apprentice by day, whilst being a writer, gamer, and avid role-player by night. I LARP whenever it is possible, though, not so much in the past year or so, due to the lack of productions near me. I used to be a part of staff for a production my cousin was running. In doing so, I wrote a decent amount of lore and encounters for players to interact with NPCs and monsters alike. I also was responsible for building props, scenery, and various costuming items. Zephyr was the name of one of my LARP player characters and it just kind of stuck with me. I like to dabble in poetic and musical endeavors, but when it comes down to it, deep within my being I know I am always drawn to building things. I get more satisfaction turning raw materials into a construct of necessity or leisure. My true talent and higher calling is that of crafting and artificing, so Flinterforge seems to be the perfect fit.

I am riddled with intrigue and antici…pation, to say the least. I can’t wait to see what is in store for me in the world of Magiq.

-@Zephyr

TL;DR - I’m new to this community. My name is Zephyr(obviously) and I’m grateful to be a part of this new, compelling world. I’ve been assigned to Flinterforge, which is great because I like building things. Yay Magiq!

14 Likes

Sweet, a new Flint! Great to have you, @Zephyr !

6 Likes

Hi! My name is Etarya, though many people just call me Fae. My name came from a noble dwarf I made on Dragon Age: Origins, and it’s my go to RP name. I’m an avid fantasy fan- books, movies, television, anything I can get into! I saw a bit about this on Instagram, and I was instantly hooked.

I’ve been sorted into Ebenguard, and am working on reading the first book. The premise alone was enough to catch my attention. I’m looking forward to getting to know not only the story, but others who enjoy it as well.

14 Likes

Welcome to the Ackerly Green Community @Zephyr! I’m Void, the Thornmouth Wagoneer.

To get started here on the forum make sure you read the initial post of this thread and the forum primer linked there, as those will give you the basic rules and info for getting around. Once you’ve done that you can start getting involved in our many discussion topics such as writing, hobbies, video games, LARP, and D&D!

After you’ve been active on the forum for a few hours you’ll be able to interact with the guild page, where you can introduce yourself to your new guildmates and discover what it means to be a Flinterforged. Your guild leaders are @Tinker and @Viviane, feel free to message them or any of us @Wagoneers if you need help with anything. There is also a Q&A for any further questions you may have.

5 Likes