A courier we summon,
Listen to our spell,
and send this message with a small token”

2c301868f2858295ba6681ffaaab09a9

14 Likes

How about “We’ve rung this bell,
A courier we summon,
Listen to our spell,
to deliver our memorandum.” ? (I looked at a rhyming dictionary, lol)

13 Likes

Looks good to me!

9 Likes

Okay, 3rd time lucky… :crossed_fingers:

9 Likes

Guys, I hear a bell! Going to investiage, hopefully they like the coin…

12 Likes

Well, not sure which one of us got the better end of the stick Rev.

So, I went into my front room after the bell, and found these floating orbs just hanging around in the middle of the room, kinda like how you see fairies in old movies as just a ball of light. They noticed me almost instantly and began swarming me (one even pinched my nose!), giggling. Then then seemed to organise and form a spinning circle, so I assumed they wanted the letter and handed it to them. Well, they ripped it to shreds (I wouldn’t want to be anything they didn’t like…), and then bounced about the room. A couple of them tried to lift the penny I offered, but they dropped it not too gently on my head, before pulling out a strand of my hair (again, not too gently), so at least I get to keep the coin.

Gonna have to explain away a broken window to my mother cause they decided to go around messing up some things, so that should be fun… But hey, our message is sent!

17 Likes

Yeeeeah, I think I’ll take a salty lizard and a beautiful but dangerous stag over home wrecking fairies haha.

15 Likes

My new band, “Home-Wrecking Fairies”. I’m glad you survived (relatively) unscathed, @Nimueh! So now, we wait.

21 Likes

Aren’t there folktales on why you should absolutely not let fairies have your hair? Be careful, Nim.

15 Likes

10/10 would go see “Home-Wrecking Fairies”

But on a more serious note, at least things went relatively ok.

12 Likes

I mean not the desired affect but looking at it objectively… Fairies existing outside Neithernor is pretty exciting news.

12 Likes

Thanks @Nimueh! Waiting with bated breath…hope you can smooth things over regarding the window :grimacing::+1::sparkles:

12 Likes

Fairies are as often spiteful as graceful. @Nimueh, I also urge caution over the next few days. They’ve literally got a piece of you now. I suggest we rotate senders as we do this, once Nimueh gets a response, if she does, we need to clear and ground and put shields back up for a while. Safety against fairy abuse.

Interesting how each courier took something they deemed valuable.

18 Likes

Maybe we’re not actually meant to offer payment, maybe they’ll just take whatever they see fit. Which wouldn’t be great since they could literally take anything and none of us really have the power to stop them.

16 Likes

The only method of stopping angry fairies is with a broom, havent you watched the old disney cartoons?

9 Likes

sorry i wasnt around y’all! life caught up with me big time.

so we’re just waiting for information right?

15 Likes

Would it be worth trying to send our new courrier friends to Ascender et Al?

8 Likes

We could send a courier to monarch mountain asking if they’ve tried to contact us.

5 Likes

On the other hand, we don’t know the situation on the other side of the veil aside from this group. Maybe they still have contact with the others that we can’t reach. And if not, I’m not sure if it would help yet to reach out to them.

I’d personally not recommend using any Magiq on messages to allies other than our current contacts unless we have a really concrete idea of how it would help. We’re sending the messages we’re sending now because we need information (and hopefully help getting rid of this veil situation, and if we succeed in that, we won’t need to deal with the Neithercouriers and their somewhat-nervewracking tendencies or deplete more Magiq).

15 Likes

So, what’s our next course of action?

Our allies are currently cut off, but these strange “Neithercouriers” have begun popping up around us. Could we use them to get in touch with Endri, Ascender, or Knatz? If letters back to the original sender isn’t working who can we reach out to?

I’m with Viv. We need to stop using magiq as much as possible, it’s a dying power.

13 Likes