Is anyone available to write the letter? :eyes:

Penpal stans don’t fail me now haha

8 Likes

I would but it’s just about midnight here and I need sleep :sweat:

6 Likes

What a turn up!
What a shut out!
What a bubble we’ve been ignorant of!

I can ring, and incant this evening (4 hours time), but no time to write letters, school inspection breathing down my neck!
Well done chaps, though.

11 Likes

Any other Mounties available to write the letter before 7 o’clock Herman time (that’s Eastern/New York Time, for newcomers)? I agree with Rev that we should get back to them as soon as possible.
If not, I have stationery and a free minute to send a letter when I get home around 7 EST, and I’m sure I can dig up some payment from my travel trinkets.

12 Likes

If we really needed it out quickly I can do it right now. Won’t be as neat, and I don’t have my inks and dip pen with me, but I have a Victorian penny I could offer as payment. Think that would work?

10 Likes

Update: I haven’t heard back from anyone that we suspected of being on the other side of the “leaden veil.”

10 Likes

Random thought:

All the people so far that we expect are on the other side of the “leaden veil” either know us personally or know of us, including the Searchers (one of their earlier posts said something to the effect of “The Mountaineers?!? Alive?!? Ye gads!”). New people have no problems meeting us. I wonder if that’s the dichotomy of the veil, or what defines the veil - people with pre-existing knowledge of us are blocked off from seeing or hearing us. Maybe in order to make them believe we’re gone?

14 Likes

You 100% don’t need to do anything fancy. You could print out a message and stick it in a plain envelope and that should work just the same. I wouldn’t worry too much about payment - I didn’t know what to give and it still worked out (mostly) fine.

You also don’t really need to take photos, I just did it to have fun.

11 Likes

Well, I found some decent stationary at the least. You guys good with me doing it? Shouldn’t take me too long to get it togther if so.

13 Likes

Absolutely! You got this Nim!

9 Likes

Okay, so here’s the stuff (not quite as aethetically pleasing as Rev’s, but I tried, lol):

Got the broach and coin here in case of payment, so I’ll go do the thing!

13 Likes

It’s lovely! :cagshearts:

11 Likes

I think I may have done something wrong… Rev, when you said the encanterance, did you actually hear a bell straight away for you? Cause I got nothing. Should I say it again?

11 Likes

I heard a bell - sort of like this? You might give it another go? :brandonthinking:

11 Likes

Well, let’s give it another shot…

8 Likes

:crossed_fingers:

8 Likes

Nothing.

Okay, slightly worried now. I said the same thing as Rev (“Don’t find this bell toll a worrier,
We’re ringing for the bespoke courier.”), but there’s no bell. Anyone think of something I’m doign wrong? Does someone else want to try? I’m dreading to think of the alternatives (magiq weak, the veil now too much for even the couriers…)

11 Likes

Hmm… so it’s either:

• Magiq is gone. Which would be… bad.
  • It’s something about the encanterance, since you didn’t even hear a bell ring.
11 Likes

Should we make up a new one? Or maybe we could incorporate some kind of new element to build on the old phrase, like Nim could play the sound of a bell as she says it?

10 Likes