4.5. The Search for Magiq: Runes Storehouse

There are both “Moon” and “Sun” guilds, remember.

13 Likes

That would also fit with the theme of six. Five moons and one sun.

9 Likes

I guess we’ll have to wait for another rune to appear in a tome before we can continue speculating! :’)

8 Likes

I think there will probably be three moon and three sun; we’ve just seen two of the moon guilds’ entries so far (Ebenguard and Thornmouth) so it might just seem like there’s only one sun (Flinterforge) based on the pattern in this sample size. But we’ll just have to see!

12 Likes

I was more thinking along the chronocompas and such. But I didn’t think about guild themes.

8 Likes

Seeing how terrible I am at drawing, and having digitised the rune I found, I may have also done the others…

Tides:

Ore:
Ore

Thought:
Thought

Wilds:
Wilds

17 Likes

You are awesome, @Nimueh!

11 Likes

Great work, @Nimueh!

13 Likes

Epic. :sunglasses:

It just hit me that those hash marks look a bit like Ogham…

14 Likes

So here’s a runes question. Did Ascender put them in here intentionally? Or did we somehow manifest them when we used our spell to dig into the warding hex?

I’d be really proud if we managed to unlock some ‘primal distillation’ of the elements on our own.

16 Likes

If Ascender knew about them, he’d tell someone… Wouldn’t he? Sure, he’s kinda headstrong and willful, but he doesn’t seem like the type to keep magiqal information to himself unless there’s a really good reason… Maybe the runes have a double function; 1. Potentially locking/unlocking the BoB door; 2. Locking/unlocking information about themselves?
Maybe Ascender was on the track to discovering them/what they do but… Outside forces intervened - like with the '94 crew. They were on the right track, but they didn’t have all the puzzle pieces so they couldn’t finish alone in their own time. They had to cut themselves off so that we could put the last pieces in place. And so the Runes locked his experiences so we could follow along, like the fragments led us back to the '94 crew? And once we figure out how they work, maybe we can reach back through and help again???
We’re still missing so much information… Maybe the next journal/rune will help fill in some gaps :pensive:

9 Likes

I half way wonder if they are also connected to us being able to use certain guild affinities to communicate through the veil?

8 Likes

Ascender May not have mentioned the runes because he didn’t want us trying to tamper with the veil. He probably knew we wouldn’t be able to sit idly by in the dark.

8 Likes

Is that something we want to try yet? I mean… while we’re waiting for more info, we could try another method of getting more info?
Faulton Fray’s Decay might break down the barrier, or it could backfire and destroy the progress we’ve made… Uproot might help lift the veil, or it might accidentally displace someone to another plane… Mend seems like it could be a safe way to repair communication… Unless it ends up reinforcing the veil and making it even harder to make contact outside… I’m more familiar with the Balimora affinities, and it’s on my mind since we most recently gained the Wild Rune…
I’m nervous about the backlash since we still don’t totally know what we’re dealing with, or how much magiq reserves we have available, but I want to help reconnect with our allies and figure out what in Chaos is going on!

7 Likes

I’d wait until we have more information. Maybe Ascender’s later thoughts include his rationale behind the barrier, or more importantly, any weakness.

12 Likes

Yeah definitely wait. The runes may not actually work unless you have all of them. Just like a key in a lock. You have to hit all the tumblers just right in order to unlock it. One wrong twist and you run the risk of jamming the lock shut for a very long time.

10 Likes

I agree, we should save deciding what to do next until we have all of the information the journals will give us as well as all of the runes. I’m not one for waiting games either but it’s probably best for all of our safety.

9 Likes

Last two runes edited. Defintiely a theme of either 6 or 3 and 3.

14 Likes

So we might need this thread now for reference with the new password box discovery

9 Likes

agreed. Whats immediately striking to me is that the center of said rune looks like the two orbiters in “Thought”

10 Likes