5. The Search for Magiq: "Elemental Disruption"

To discuss protecting the Sanctuary as they relocate.

18 Likes

So, from what I’ve read, we’re wearing the elemental symbols (the runes we were given by the Peering Tomes, I assume) and leaving our marks in places to disrupt the searching, right? One per week, switching it up until we’ve got them all. Is that all correct?

If so, what order are we going in? I’m all for it, and I get the feeling that we should start as soon as the Sanctuary starts their move, and that’ll be soon , right? So. Are we going in the order the books gave us, or some other order? Also, is there anything else we can do to help as we do this? Let’s do our best!

19 Likes

Also, is this a one person per day over the week thing? Do we want to co-ordinate groups over the world for maximum confusion? I suppose it’ll depend who thinks they can find places suitable for each guild and/or are able to get to those places.

19 Likes

We wanna go all hands in, I’d imagine! The more the merrier! We’re running disruption, we want there to be pings aplenty all over the world, throwing off the Silver as much as possible. Important places, yes, but we, the people, also have our own connections to each and every element!

Uh, that is, if I’ve understood everything correctly. I sure hope I have!

18 Likes

I meant places with connections to each element more than “important” places. So like a library, or a park, or something. Ex. I know I have a library within walking distance I could take a Thought rune to. Just simple logistics :slight_smile:

Edit: Other thought. Do we wat to share pictures on here of the runes in place? Would putting the images on social media run more interferance?

17 Likes

Libraries and parks are important places! I was just saying that as well as putting things in places we should also wear them, maybe as badges, stickers, doodles on our arms or in pieces of paper in our pockets, etc etc.

17 Likes

Ah, cool! I’d think the more we use them the better! Definately doodling on my arms (though all those circles are gonna be a pain in the backside)

18 Likes

I think your arm will work just as well as your backside. And easier to share here. :cjsmile:

20 Likes

Not to downplay the important of all this @Eaves, I joke when stressed.

So, it looks like we should:

• Choose an order to “bear” the elements
  • Maybe brainstorm helpful places/concepts that resonate with each house, exploration, humanity, etc. just to help everyone.
23 Likes

To make things easy, should be bear them in the order we discovered them?

18 Likes

Dude. I am Mr. Inopportune Joke. No worries.

23 Likes

Some thoughts on potentially suitable locations to display the symbols

(Happy to update this with other people’s suggestions, or remove places if people don’t think they fit)

Light & The House of Exploration:

Harbours, docks, mountain paths, middle of a lake, heart of a forest, lighthouses, ferries/boats, bus/train stations, adventure/activity centers

Aether & The House of Humanity

Churches, food banks, soup kitchens, charity shops, hospitals, doctor/dental surgeries, auditoriums, food court/student union, food markets/festivals

Ore & The House of Creation:

Arts centers, craft shops, theaters, music venues, smithy, makerspaces, farmers markets

The Tides & The House of Purpose:

Single purpose buildings,exam centers/DMV,lighthouse,camera obscura,cliff Railway, wishing wells, bell tower, swimming pool, gym, dojo, writing desk, library, computer room, reception

Thought & The House of Reflection

Libraries, universities, schools, house of mirrors, yoga/meditation venue/class, museums, war memorials

The Wild & The House of Change

Workshops, garden centers, moorlands, side of a mountain, maternity ward, gender reassignment clinic, wedding registry office, natural history museum, conversation areas, national parks, graveyards

25 Likes

I would also argue that House of Humanities could connect to places like clubs, auditoriums, and places of performance, since Gossmere and as far we know Mer Gost draw much of their magiq from music and performance.

20 Likes

I’m gonna go ahead and play the Ignorant American card :tm: and lay out that I’m not sure what exactly is meant by “exam centre” (beyond the obvious “a place where people take tests of some sort”). :sweat_smile:

16 Likes

Pretty much. Tends to be sport halls and school gyms, but most big towns in the UK have dedicated buildings for driving tests.

16 Likes

How about hospitals?

19 Likes

Oh, okay, so the DMV. :deirdrexd: :ok_hand:

20 Likes

I may have a perfect location in mind for Thought and The House of Reflection.

Museums are used to explore and reflect on the past, right? Well there’s a very particular museum I could access.

To help protect Eaves and the others on their travels I could pay a visit to the museum commemorating the world’s first passenger steam train.

18 Likes

Got a big university library I could go to, always a lot of people there.

18 Likes

I’m a student at our National University so I also have a big campus to work with as a tag team or something :smiley:

17 Likes