The Road to Fragment Thirteen: Sullivan's Letter & The Chronocompass

Most likely, the difference is that we were safeguarded/spared.

2 Likes

I’m not coming back to Basecamp. It’s yours now. I followed the butterflies and found a new path. A path I can’t climb with you.
There are wheels turning in the shadows, Eaves. Augernon showed me. A machine churns in the dark places of the world. Growing in size and power. An old machine that wants to separate us. Crush us.

We are at war. A war I’ve been too blind to see until now. You have work to do, I have a war to fight.
We have different paths to climb but we’ll meet at the end, where those paths meet.
Where all our paths meet.
-Ascender

5 Likes

Poor Augie

5 Likes

I think we need to ask about the machine

2 Likes

So we’re talking to Augie before he got admitted? When his boys were still … boys?
But after the Storm hit? So that was as they were in fragment 12, correct?

So then what to ask. I think it should be more along the lines of what the Storm is and if he has any knowledge about who might be controlling it or how to stop it?

7 Likes

Okay, so we have 12 hours before we can reply, plently of time to work on something that doesn’t just sound like a load of questions. I’m seeing stuff about the forum and wondering what that is? I’m also looking at the name Tinkerdown.

hang on, we’ve had mention of a machine before?

6 Likes

Okay. This is thrilling, but I need sleep. My mind will be more useful in the morning I’m sure.

3 Likes

Yeah, guys, slow down and and think. Remember what happened to the first message we sent. We have time.

4 Likes

Yes, and Aug told Ascender

3 Likes

It’s too bad he doesn’t know about Neithernor

2 Likes

Wasn’t Tinkerdown one of the '94 Mounties named before? Makes sense then.

4 Likes

We should defiantly ask about the “machine” and wether it’s different to the storm… Maybe we should present ourselves as an acquaintance of Ascender

3 Likes

Not sure how many Mountaineers there were in the end. I knew Ascender, Augernon, and Knatz, but I heard other names like Tinkerdown, Huma, and Saberlane. (I’m in my fifties now so apologies if those last ones aren’t 100% right.) -Marty

10 Likes

Okay, looks to me liek we need to ask about the machine, the storm, the old mountiees, probably the book (seen as he thinks it’s still there), and aknowledge Ascender and that we’re from the future. I’m also thinking we may want more info on this Tinkerdown, as maybe there’s a way to contact him/her.

3 Likes

We could try to be approved for the 94 mounties? Maybe we can get access to info we don’t already have.

6 Likes

That could be handy

1 Like

Does this mean that some of us might be admitted to the '94 mounties? We can’t tell them when we’re from. Or suggest anything that’s going to happen “be careful what you say and send or time itself is rend” I’m probably gonna sleep on it. If anyone needs an extra pair of eyes or a messenger I’m happy to help! I’ll try to help draft something more helpful in the morning.

4 Likes

Do we need to disclose we’re from the future? Augie thinks we exist at the same moment as him. Will revealing that change anything - for better or for worse?

I mean, he’s answering our questions already. No need to scare him off.

2 Likes

How about
"Ah Augie! Hi, I’ve heard a lot about you from an acquaintance of mine that you should know, Ascender. Last time we where talking he mentioned a “Machine” that “churnes in the dark places of the world”… It had me a little worried to be honest and I haven’t been able to get in touch with him for a while. (Yes I know he’s a wetherwatcher and always up and about) If he was to go off and search for this “Machine” do you know where he would be headed? I do need to talk to him about a rather sensitive issue and would like to track him down if possible.

8 Likes

Maybe hints could be fine… I mean, at may explain some of our strange questions and make him want to help even more. As for becoming one of the '94 Mountiees, how would we even go about that?

4 Likes