The General Discussion Super Topic

paper-match-box-500x500

The friction matchstick was also invited by a chemist called John Walker here!

4 Likes

All kinds of inventions and history going on over thereā€¦ Once I get a little money I might have to make a trip that way!

3 Likes

Itā€™s absolutely awesome here! Thereā€™s also Beamish a little bit further up which is a massive outdoors museum!

4 Likes

Now i think youā€™re just trying to get me to stop by and say hello!

4 Likes

Maybeā€¦ :cjtea:

(Also if you buy a ticket to Beamish it gives you free entry for a year as long as you keep the ticket)

4 Likes

We have an aquarium near us that has the same year long ticket thing! Really useful when youā€™re bored and just need a day out somewhere :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Is that the Deep?

4 Likes

Rimorā€¦ I donā€™t have the moneyā€¦ Iā€™ll make sure to take a trip up there eventually though!

What is it with England and year round tickets to stuff? Can we get that over here?

3 Likes

Itā€™s only the north that offers it :laughing:

4 Likes

Yes!!! :grin: Iā€™m only at university here so I donā€™t know too much about the area but when itā€™s not term time I only live an hour away so itā€™s not too bad

4 Likes

Omg Iā€™ve only been there once on a uni trip and I absolutely loved it!!!

4 Likes

Itā€™s really really fun! And I absolutely love the cafe at the top where you can eat and look out over the sea!

5 Likes

Me hanging out here in the back trying to see if I can afford taking a trip right now

5 Likes

When I went it was raining hard and really windy so being out on that viewing platform was an experience! :laughing:

4 Likes

Another thing the North has to offer is Whitby, the birth place of Dracula!! You can walk up the 199 steps and visit his grave! :vampire:

5 Likes

Who needs the South when we have Dracula? šŸ§›šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

4 Likes

Exactly! Skip lame London and come to the rad north! :laughing:

(Iā€™m not sure why my vampire is yellow :laughing:)

4 Likes

I thought the legend of Count Dracula was based off Vlad the Impaler seeing as his last name is literally Dracula but heā€™s from Romania

Also hey you better be talking about the English south and not us American southerners other wise I will cry threateningly

3 Likes

American southerners are safeā€¦

(for now)

4 Likes

Lies :joy: Dracula is from Whitby and is buried here

4 Likes