The General Discussion Super Topic

Also, I have a bunch of narrative updates and fun announcements to post about this week but I am also “delivering” two complete manuscripts by Friday AND working with Mike to get the Neithernor RPG handbook ready to deliver next Friday. I appreciate your patience (and can’t wait to reveal all the cool new stuff on the forum!)

20 Likes

Poll Time!

If there were to be a new semi-transparent product in the works that required a Pantone Color match, which of the three colors below do you feel is closest (literally or aesthetically, up to you) to “Ackerly Green Purple”:

Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 10.00.35 AM Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 10.01.05 AM Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 10.00.06 AM

Best Purple Pantone Match
  • 814 C
  • 2097 C
  • 2104 CP

0 voters

10 Likes

814 C and 2104 CP both speak to me.

7 Likes

Ah but the 2097 has that middle ground, that feel-good homey purple.

7 Likes

I have to say that for me 814C is closest. 2097C seems too on the blue side, while 2104CP seems too grey.

8 Likes

When I looked at my phone, the 2097C looked a little too blue…no that I’m at a computer, it looks less blue. So I’m changing my answer to 2097C as first choice with 814C as a second.

7 Likes

The Book of Briars is now complete! If you pre-ordered it from Ackerly Green, this link will take you to the page where you can download it by inputting the email address you used when you bought it, and you can also download the file from your account page on the main site!

14 Likes

Forum question: I “unpinned” some topics earlier in my forum view and now I’m panicking maybe somehow it unpinned for more than just me. Can I break the forum like that?

3 Likes

I think CJ unpinned them earlier, too, for the forum in general (if they were two of the TBS ones).

7 Likes

Because of categories like the Community Journals, I’m pinning important narrative topics at the top of Latest so that they’re easy to access no matter what. It’s a global pin, so you can only unpin it in your view. :cjheart:

11 Likes

Dual-Perspective Audiobook Poll

This is for audiobook fans!
If/when you are listening to an audiobook that has multiple perspectives, would you enjoy listening to two different (but complimentary) voices, or one?

For example, imagine there are two protagonists in a book, one male-identifying and one female-identifying. Would you want the same voice reading both in their best approximation of those characters, or would you be comfortable with two (very talented) voice actors reading those respective chapters/characters?

Asking for a friend.

Dual-Perspective Audiobook Poll
  • One Voice
  • Two Voices
  • No Preference

0 voters

5 Likes

Unless you can get J.R. Moorland to do it again, because he was really good at switching voices for Monarch Papers.

7 Likes

J.R. is already on board for Ben’s chapters!

I don’t want to sway the poll, but my feeling is that, while J.R. is incredible, the separation of the Ben and Alistair chapters is the perfect opportunity to have Alistair, who is bi-racial, be read and enriched by a voice artist who is also a person of color.

12 Likes

Oh thank goodness. I got very anxious.

7 Likes

I like this and think it’s important.

6 Likes

For anyone bought The Book of Briars, the final epub and Kindle files are now ready and uploaded to Bookfunnel! Be sure you download a fresh copy which includes all error and continuity updates!

12 Likes

That’s so exciting! I can’t wait to sit down with it :yellow_heart:

12 Likes

Okay, so if you set today’s Google doodle in motion, keep an eye on that third slot.

Just saying… :eyes:

8 Likes

What a lovely thing to wake up to (at 2am when I couldn’t sleep!)

13 Likes

The Martin candle is definitely my favorite. I’m usually a fan of more nature-oriented scents, but this one creates the perfect atmosphere for working at my desk. It really makes my room feel like a study.

7 Likes