The General Discussion Super Topic

Stay warm, @CJB!

9 Likes

do your best, cj! im aware you know how to handle cold, but make sure to wear multiple layers and light some candles or something if you need extra warmth. It aint much but it’ll do in a pinch. make sure you have a few blankets at least for insulation and try to wear a pair of wool socks whenever you can - the feet are where most of the body gets its warmth from.

9 Likes

Okay! Power was restored last night, but we’re still without internet so I’m using my poor overworked phone as a mobile hotspot, which isn’t fast, reliable, or going to last forever. But I’m here!

21 Likes

Just take care of you and yours! We’ll be here.

12 Likes

Even though neither are Mountaineers (and one is seven), I made my spouse and child take the assessment. Spouse is a Flinterforge and spawn is a Balimora. They are both exceedingly happy with their guilds.

18 Likes

I did the same with my fiancée, who is a Thornmouth like me. She plans on reading TMP eventually but I don’t think she’ll end up here.

11 Likes

Internet came back last night, just in time for Wandavision!

:woman_supervillain: :woman_mage:

15 Likes

Found this odd little conjunction on Facebook, figured it would be appreciated here.

20 Likes

Welp. Had my second occurrence of that bad habit of your items, cj. My pin has a habit of disappearing for days on end, but today was the first time my coin vanished on me. Took six hours to find it, and it was neatly sat in the exact centre of my playing stool i use for busking.

11 Likes

RootsTech! Hosted by FamilySearch, it was always held in Utah, and you had to buy tickets and fly there and book a hotel and $$$.

Now it’s all virtual and I can attend for free and potentially learn how to further my genealogical research and maybe even connect with cousins I didn’t know I had… !!!

takes deep breath

This. Is. Big.

RootsTech 2021 Sneak Peek

10 Likes

Anyone have any favorite quotes from the Briarverse?

We’re looking to start working more quotes into our social media, and would love to hear what’s stuck with you over the years or what some of your favorite lines from recent narratives/chapters from The Book of Briars have been.

Comment them below if you have them!

14 Likes

„No one remembered the books but her” is a great one, but I know that’s already been used in an ad.

14 Likes

I guess a re-read is in order!

13 Likes

“Imagination is nothing more than a memory, transposed.” Has ALWAYS messed me up in the best possible ways if we’re talking serious quotes.

19 Likes

“Like Jurassic Park, but not a disaster.”

15 Likes

I don’t know how marketing-friendly it is, and it’s definitely spoiler-tastic, but my favorite line from BoB (preceded by another quote for context is):

“V, they’re already mine.” Marjory raised her hands, gesturing to the objects spinning around them. “Take whatever power you need. I don’t need to fight dirty to tear you apart. But you should know, what I lack in memories you stole from me, I’ve made up for in practice.”

“Honey . . . I changed history itself,” Veronica answered.

15 Likes

It’s been a while since I logged into the forum to see 50+ unread posts, oh boy.

16 Likes

After not lighting this candle for over a year (or two?), I’m finally using it! :joy: Hopefully, my Ben & Alistair candle will get used sooner!

14 Likes

Realized the other day after we had a talk about the candles on the Community Hangout that if anyone is having trouble keeping the wood lit or lighting it after having tunneled it or flooded it, could always try a candle warmer.

12 Likes

Yes! Also, I am emailing everyone this week who’s bought a candle in the past with an offer of free replacement wicks for their current candles. After a lot of trial and error (and realizing I had a bad batch of wooden wicks from the only company that sells them because they have a patent ) I have found an alternative, 100% foolproof wick that melts wax to the edges, burns taller, and even crackles more!

15 Likes