The General Discussion Super Topic

All the best to @Catherine with the wisdom tooth surgery today!

13 Likes

Oof! I had all four removed at once. I was hopped up on prescription pain meds for a few days, and mostly subsisted on sherbet.
Changing out the gauze is the worst part of it.

9 Likes

Iā€™m getting all four of mine out tomorrow, and not looking forward to it.

9 Likes

Thanks for all the recipes and well wishes!! It was very, very fine. Honestly, if youā€™ve had braces, every time those were tightened was WAY more painful than this. I was in and out in 40 minutes and my only complaint is that I canā€™t eat my food fast enough because my jaw is stiff from the swelling :sweat_smile:

13 Likes

Glad to hear it went well for you @Catherine!

Good luck with yours @BrokenVoid!

10 Likes

Thanks! Iā€™m not worried about the procedure, but I do have a fear of sedation thatā€™s making me nervous.

11 Likes

Will they let you do it without sedation perhaps? I had mine out without it, just a bunch of novocain and they taped ear buds into my ears so I could listen to music. It wasnā€™t nearly as traumatic as my dad had talked it up to beā€¦then again, his were done by the Air Force in the 70s so probably not an awesome experience.

12 Likes

I was nervous too but it was literally so fast! Iā€™d been having stress dreams about not falling asleep fast enough, but within seconds of being poked I was out. They know what theyā€™re doing!! Good luck!!

9 Likes

Yeah mine went really fast and I feel complete fine after the sedation. I was afraid of being loopy and not having full mental capacity afterwards but Iā€™m actually really good. I just got home

11 Likes

Nice!! Glad it went well. Now you just have to ice up and youā€™re all set!

8 Likes

So glad youā€™re both doing well. I had to have one wisdom tooth extracted back in 2018 (right after my stroke and heart surgery, It was a wild romp of an autumn.)

I used to be nervous about going under, but as someone who is now in their (very early) 40s and has been put under a dozen or so times, I now eagerly await the brief but total respite from consciousness.

12 Likes

Yeah the numbing is slowly fading out while the pain fades in so Iā€™ll probably take a nap soon. Iā€™ve got my fiancĆ©e here keeping an eye on me.

9 Likes

Amen. I loved the twilight anesthesia they used when I had my wisdom teeth taken out. My worst nightmare came to passā€”I woke up while they were at workā€”and I immediately realized that I didnā€™t care at all and drifted back to sleep.

11 Likes

That was already 3 years ago? Goodness time is wierd.

13 Likes

Kids born in 2000 can drink this year :sob:

10 Likes

My brother was born in 2000 and this is very weird to me!!

Saw a tweet where someone showed their ID to buy alcohol and the cashier said ā€œyouā€™re good I see the 1 in your birth yearā€
:flushed:

12 Likes

My husband is on a Mythbusters kick and Iā€™m sitting here thinking, ā€œThis is what happens when you put a Flinterforge and a Balimora in a workshop together.ā€

18 Likes

OMG, absoLUTEly. Perfect guild assignments for Jamie and Adam, and oddly, I could also see them being flipped?

9 Likes

Fun fact: Iā€™ve been mistaken for Adam Savage three times. But always by a bit of about 11, and always in an airport.

10 Likes

adam savage is 100% a flinter

6 Likes