The General Discussion Super Topic

@CJB
AGP packaging is always magiqal!

14 Likes

Goldfinches: Who needs a feeder when thereā€™s sunflowers around?

12 Likes

Morning Mounties! I wanted to give everyone a heads that Iā€™m going to have to raincheck the community hangout and @AGPlus after party tomorrow night.

I have a lot going on right now in my personal life (which Iā€™m working on a post about, itā€™s all good, but Iā€™m really overwhelmed right now) and I need some time to decompress. I love hanging out with you all, but I also have some anxiety about social situations, and right now I am just on overload.

Thank you for understanding. :cjheart:

22 Likes

Thatā€™s okay!! Your health is always most important <3 Look after yourself, and let us know how youā€™re doing when you can handle things a little more, yeah? Youā€™re good! :cherry_blossom:

10 Likes

Hope anyone in the path of the hurricane/tropical storm is doing okay!!
Just got word that it knocked the power down completely for @CJB, so heā€™ll be offline for a while until theyā€™re able to get it back up and running.

As always, Iā€™m around if anyone needs anything! Otherwise, carry on as usual :cjheart:

14 Likes

We got some good wind and a bit of rain here in southeastern MA, but it was fairly minor compared to what usually hits us when tropical storms come this far north. And it cooled the night down to an actually bearable temperature for about hours!

Today is hot and ticky again though.

12 Likes

Lots of wind and rain out in Brooklyn, a few trees down too. The cool night after was gorgeous, though!

11 Likes

In northeast MA we got a good amount of rain and a LOT of wind, didnā€™t do much to our area except a few light flickers and fallen branches. I sat in my room listening to the wind howl and whistle for hours, it was very relaxing!

11 Likes

@Wyvern, thereā€™s something nice about knowing the storms are west of us, isnā€™t it?

7 Likes

Honestly I was just glad we got some rain at all, Iā€™m not one for sunny days much, and the forecast was saying only 20% chance of precipitation. It was a relief to see the main path going west though for sure!

8 Likes

Yes, I was glad for the rain we got as opposed to the deluge we could have had. I prefer sun, but not when itā€™s joined by excessive heat and humidity. My garden & berries are happy, thatā€™s for sure.

7 Likes

Iā€™m in Central MA, and we still donā€™t have power at my house. Part of my road was closed this morning. Iā€™m at my office now, though, and everything is fine.

10 Likes

Thatā€™s so roughā€¦ losing power is really hard and frustrating.

Once in my previous home, our neighbor built a fence without checking for utility lines and, after a week or two of half power (some stuff worked, some didnā€™t for whatever reason), they completely knocked out our power for a solid week. It sucked.

8 Likes

Awww man, thatā€™s such a pain! I hope power is restored before you get home.

7 Likes

Power came on late afternoon!

13 Likes

SE PA. Freak tornado generated by the hurricane winds, not ten minutes from me. Trees were knocked down, power cut out for a couple hours. Neighbor behind us has a tree right up against our fence, and a large branch is half broken over into our yard.

12 Likes

I am standing on the far edge of my yard upstate in pitch black dark where there is one tiny dot of cell signal to tell you Iā€™m so sorry Iā€™ve been out of contact. Weā€™re going on day three of no power (generatorā€™s been running for 72 hours), internet, television, or cell service. And until this afternoon there were two massive fallen trees blocking our driveway, so we couldnā€™t even leave the property (were about fifteen minutes from the nearest town.) Iā€™m still working and writing and figuring out complicated and unreliable ways to get pages and material to Cat and my editors (Airdrop to mobile to Word app to the corner of my yard with cell signal to sms text message to Cat, who forwards it all on to its destination.) TBS was meant to have a big launch this week and I canā€™t do anything at the moment. I will make it up when powerā€™s back or when weā€™re back in the city week after next. Thanks for your patience! :grimacing::roll_eyes::tumbler_glass: :cjheart:

19 Likes

Stay safe @CJB! You being okay is more important than TBS!

13 Likes

Holy crap, and I thought Frances was bad 16 years ago! (sweet mercy, that was 16 years ago :cagsrip:)

Thank goodness for convoluted work arounds, though.

Stay well up there!

11 Likes

At least I hope you do have some good :tumbler_glass: to keep you company!

12 Likes