The General Discussion Super Topic

Well avoid getting pizza sauce on it because that will absolutely make it hurt worse.

8 Likes

.>:0 YoU dOnT OwN mY LiFE ChoiCes

but ye, will try not to hurt myself

9 Likes

@Cj_Heighton suck on an ice cube, it’ll take the swelling and heat down and shorten the overall heal-time. Also, avoid using chapstick or lip balms with a wax base for a few days, they trap heat and can make a burn worse. You can use a light weight face moisturizer like the kind meant for eyes instead if you’re careful not to lick it. (Yes I know this advice is way too late, but it’s good info to have.)

13 Likes

Goodbye everyone it’s been a pleasure to be part of this community and know you all

12 Likes

What happened, @Rimor?

7 Likes

Rimor has decided to take a step back from the community. He will be missed and we wish him the best on his adventures :yellow_heart:

15 Likes

@Rimor, I’ve barely gotten to know you, but you are a lovely person. I wish you success in your ventures, and I hope your path leads you back here.

8 Likes

If you’re participating in Neithernor: Reborn but aren’t quite sure where to start, check out our first creative prompt!

14 Likes

Had a dream where three guys tried to break into my place. They expected an easy fight.

It took under a minute to trounce them nonlethally and call the cops, and now i gotta look up how easily one could fight back in that situation, and the full miranda rights, cause that genuinely scared me into waking up on 4 hrs sleep.

Edit: wow, this is vague stuff. No need for miranda rights reading in canada, but if you use ANY force beyond whats necessary it can result in charges of assault by the officers when they arrive, and you could be arrested too. Meant to prevent acts of vigilantism. Huh…

11 Likes

aww, but vigilantism :upside_down_face:

8 Likes

Yeah, we had a problem with vigilantism in the 80-90’s that basically turned into gang violence, so I understand why. Just do what I do for home defence; make a monkey fist knot on a three foot tether. It’s rough here in Canada when it comes to defending yourself, and I live in the crime capital of our country.

8 Likes

Re-reading TMP for Work-Related Reasons™ so here’s your friendly reminder that Martin is missing two toes from frostbite!! I don’t know why I find this detail so funny but I do!!
(not the alcoholism part obviously, I’m just imagining a grandpa Marty taking off his socks to scare the grandchildren and that’s hilarious to me)

19 Likes

Happy October, friends!!
This month’s AG Papergoods theme is going to be All Hallow’s Eve!
So if you’re interested in receiving a spooky little Papergoods package (along with all of the other awesome AG+ perks), make sure you sign up and place your order in the shop by October 15th!

20 Likes

Today was stressful, but I came home from work and saved a bunny that had fallen into the drain hole by my apartment. That makes it a good day. :grin: :rabbit2:

20 Likes

I strongly support the saving of bunnies (and other critters too). Good job, you magiqal life-saver, you!
:rabbit2:

13 Likes

Not-that-important poll: Which one do I use for my iPad wallpaper? Or I could probably use 2, I guess.
image image image

• Skull and Roses
  • Skull Brocade
  • Skull and Ravens

0 voters

Or feel free to recommend something else. I’m going for elegant Halloween vibes. The fact that they all have skulls is a coincidence, I actually went looking for bats tbh.

15 Likes

Of the three, I picked the one I did just based off of it looking easiest to read stuff on top of it.

10 Likes

Ooh that’s a good thing to take into consideration!

8 Likes

You guys.

I don’t know which thread to put this in, so I’ll plop it right here: I’m sewing a few knitting project bags. I went to JoAnn Fabrics to get more cloth.
When I saw the one on top I HAD to get it!

16 Likes

You absolutely had to. :100:

And I think sewing would fall under Court of Grandmothers (even if it’s mostly been crochet and cross-stitch so far :endriwink:).

14 Likes