The General Discussion Super Topic

One of the weddings I worked today had planting a tree as part of their ceremony (instead of sand ceremony or unity candle).

It looked like it would be lovely, and felt like a very :balimora: thing to do at a wedding.

19 Likes

This community is the best.

11 Likes

Iggyā€™s PSA for the (american thanksgiving) holiday week: Donā€™t fight cars. You will lose. Oh and while Iā€™m on my PSA train, donā€™t forget to tie your shoes else youā€™ll fall down the stairs (legit just worked a call where a dude fell down a flight of stairs because of his shoe laces.)

With that said, I hope everyone has a good & safe week!

14 Likes

What if the car looked at me funny?
I kid, I know better.

Additional PSA note, the last can of whatever it is in NO WAY justifies use of force. I donā€™t care if you forgot that Grandma only eats the canned cranberry sauce and will pitch a fit if you donā€™t get it, if you punch someone over it the storeā€™s security will have to get involved and we do not want to be involved. We donā€™t want to be working on Thanksgiving either, so please do your local security forces a favor and be kind to your fellow shoppers this weekend.

14 Likes

@Skylad You Aussieā€™s are wild. Just worked a call where one of your countrymen broke a guyā€™s nose with a cucumberā€¦ Over a cokeā€¦ There were even more next to it, he just wanted that coke. (he then tried to fight me sedating him lol)

6 Likes

Did the coke have the right condensation to glass ratio??? Cause if it did heā€™s lucky ONLY his nose got broken

6 Likes

It was in the store still lol

3 Likes

Is it ok to start with a simple ā€œHelloā€?

12 Likes

Of course! Welcome to the fun little family we have up here. Thereā€™s a thread somewhere thatā€™s specifically for hellos and being greeted by our Welcome @Wagoneers who will give you places to start poking about, but itā€™s always okay to open with a hello in my book.

10 Likes

Thank you, itā€™s a pleasureā€¦ to meet you. :upside_down_face:
It will take some time till Iā€™ll stopā€¦ being kind of lost, hahah. :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

question,
did the survey work for everyone ?> im not sure it was working for me, and after trying it on the computer, it doesnt seem to want to submit.;
figured id ask here!

6 Likes

As long as you answered the last question, your responses have been recorded! The last page just doesnā€™t change after submitting but it still counts everything.

7 Likes

ah. okay. good to know.
i apologize for the multiple submissions then!

8 Likes

Hey pals! All the raffle winners have been notified by now, so weā€™re taking some time to go through all of your feedback! Itā€™s been super helpful, so thank you again so so much for taking the time to fill it out.

On that note, a comment we saw come up a few times was that it can sometimes be difficult to follow the order of the old narrative threads for new people catching up, so Iā€™m going to go through and number the old Secret Society/Search for Magiq threads to (hopefully) make things a bit more straightforward. So if you see them clogging up your latest, thatā€™s why!! Apologies in advance :grimacing:

21 Likes

Hot dang, youā€™ve just made my LIFE!

17 Likes

Hey, Iā€™m not sure if this is the place to ask or not, but I got the Briar Society subscription and the email had a link for the AG+ forum area, but I canā€™t get to it? Am I just like doing this wrong, or does it not kick in till a certain date, or what?

7 Likes

@Catherine

4 Likes

Ope that was a mistake on our end, Iā€™m sorry! There will be a separate area for TBS that youā€™ll get access to when it begins, but itā€™s not ready yet! There was a weird fluke with our mailing system where it was sorting people signing up for TBS into the AG+ email flow, so a couple of people got ā€œwelcome to AG+ā€ emails that shouldnā€™t have before we caught it. Sorry for the confusion!! Weā€™ll follow up more next week :cjheart:

10 Likes

Ugh. Discords down ;-;

Whats everyone up to?

8 Likes

Waiting for Discord :deirdrexd:

Also waiting for Secret Saberlane assignments.

And still getting over this morningā€™s wedding using real flower petals when all of our paperwork and staff say not to. (Coworker and I were scrubbing the floor to try and keep the stains from setting in for at least 15 minutes, with mixed success)

Also really looking forward to baking on Monday. :deirdreexcited:

9 Likes