The General Discussion Super Topic

Do you make your own larp kit or have a favoured supplier?

9 Likes

I use Calimacil for most of my LARP needs, but I’m a Canadian so I’m biased.

Epic Armory is also really good.

Then again, most LARPy clothes and curios can be found in thrift shops, community markets, or those super tasteful witchy stores I’m sure we all adore.

This also all depends on what kind of LARP you’re interested in. My focus is all on the fantasy side of things.

10 Likes

I use mostly etsy. Custom made work from a custom supplier. My gear typically comes from italy, spain, london or the eastern united states. My earlier gear came from epic armoury but as i got more into it i valued customization above most anything else, so i stopped buying general stuff.

I guess i can give shops i use?
http://www.fellandfair.shop/ So, fell and fair made my rangers cloak. They’re a fantasy and historic garb maker who supply to movie productions and stuff. Super good quality gear.

Award winning UK LARP costume designer and maker by ChowsEmporium Another good one is Chows Emporium from london. Awesome quality hoods, i wore a wool lined one from them for a while that was incredibly nice (NEVER WASH THEIR GEAR IN A WASHING MACHINE TAKE MY WORD FOR IT.)

Finally, if you want custom made leather boots at a high (totally deserved but ridiculous) price, Tread Light Leave A Lighter Footprint by TreadLightGear on Etsy is a beautiful custom clothier. Their boots will run you 400 at MINIMUM, so be forewarned, but its supposedly the kind of gear you’ll have for years. They do tons of cheaper leatherwork too, so they’re worth taking a look into.

11 Likes

Same. I’m awkward. Lol

7 Likes

Updated my earlier reply with places i use. @Sapphire

7 Likes

@Sapphire, @Kallisti and @Cj_Heighton you should move this over to the Larp thread! :cjsmile:

8 Likes

Happy National Dog Day Mounties!!!

11 Likes

I’m adulting, you guys :laughing:
I’m about to buy a car for the first time on my own.

19 Likes

Proud of you!! That’s good adulting! Let us know how it goes! :blossom:

10 Likes

Well done!!! I can’t wait to get my own car

10 Likes

@Ashburn I have completely forgotten what the aliquary is and if we even found it :joy:

11 Likes

so, the aliquary is basically a reliquary.

8 Likes

Came out of the chest of drawers with the animal heads for pull knobs after we finished helping Woolie.

Definitely lots of magiq there.

14 Likes

So my last car was 15 years old, and finally passed to the happy driving grounds. I had hoped it would last another few years so I could save up enough money for a new car without having to draw from emergency funds. But.
I now have a 5yr old car that rides like brand new, and if I take better care of it, it will hopefully last me longer than the last.

12 Likes

2 random questions.

-The storm was a magical energy with intent?

I cant fully recall timing and wont have the ability to check through my book till later.

-Martin and co were hidden from the storm(by the spell cast on the forum) when they raided KS? and when that protection failed, were protected by the button?
or did the storm catch up with the after KS/spell wore off?

9 Likes

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but have we figured out what the box is at the bottom of this page? What If… – Ackerly Green's Guide to Magiq
I finished reading The Monarch Papers a little while ago and don’t think I remember anything about it, but I am still relatively new and could have missed something.

Edit: this is the box I’m speaking about

14 Likes

What da heck is that? Interesting.

Anything I enter gets Please Try Again. 12 Xs. A twelve letter word maybe?

14 Likes

:cjtea:

14 Likes

Hey @what.the.kell you should drop this in the Search for magiq thread!

15 Likes

thats new. uh. kell, you mighta just saved our ***es. That might be what cjb meant by the “Key is The Guide to Magiq”.

11 Likes