The General Discussion Super Topic

:joy: That is not what I meant and you know it, crazy buzzard.

6 Likes

So Iā€™ve been watching the Harry potter series again and I remembered that not everyone gets accepted into Hogwarts by the book and quill

ā€œit saves the staff tedious explanations to parents who are furious that their children have not been selected for Hogwarts.ā€

So are there public wizarding schools that accept those who arenā€™t allowed into the private wizarding school Hogwarts?

9 Likes

Itā€™s kind of terrifying to think, but Iā€™ve got the sneaking suspicion that itā€™s more of a ā€œcongrats, home school the kid enough that they donā€™t blow anything up.ā€ :grimacing:

Or maybe thereā€™re approved tutors.

9 Likes

Man I hope thatā€™s not true as youā€™re not allowed to use magiq outside of school :eyes:

6 Likes

Maybe it is the tutoring situation in the vein of piano teachers that work out of their houses, and so long as itā€™s in that location itā€™s marked as okay.

Honestly I think I read it just accepting that magic users werenā€™t as wide-spread to require more than a school for the entire country.

Probably helped sell that thought process that the UK is not particularly big on the map compared to all of the US. (One school for all of North America, not just the US, was kind of hard to write off)

10 Likes

Once source I found said thereā€™s 3,000 British wizards, one third of that is Hogwarts students so you might be right! Man that must mean that wizards are an endangered species :eyes:

8 Likes

Which would help sell the bigoted pureblood logic of intermarrying to preserve the magic.

Which would be kind of funny if getting the families too closely related were the cause of the dying out of magic.

9 Likes

But surely intermarrying would actually cause the number of wizards to shrink due to a limited gene pool.

(You editing wizard :laughing:)

6 Likes

:simon:

6 Likes

Well Harry Potter just got way darker :joy:

4 Likes

Thatā€™s saying something, considering the end of CoG. (which, to be fair, is pre-HP, but still)

6 Likes

Iā€™m not familiar with CoG?

4 Likes

The court of grandmothers! Masters of the arcane! Knitter of sweaters!

9 Likes

Crimes of Grindelwald, most recent ā€œFantastic Beasts.ā€

Quotes because there was a distinct lack of them for that to be the primary part of the title. :aethereyeroll:

6 Likes

Oooooh duuurrrr :joy:

4 Likes

Ye I can imagine that the wizards also took part in the WWs

3 Likes

Okay, if we ever need a fibercrafts (knitting/crochet/etc.) thread, it needs to be called that.

As I work on my temperature blanket. :deirdrexd:

6 Likes

The court of grandmothers totally needs to be made canon!

7 Likes

@CJB, we found the identity of the council of the 18 gates!

11 Likes

:rofl:

5 Likes