The General Discussion Super Topic

Not sure brave is the right word… maybe an 8/10 stupid score instead?
-Part can’t find shoes and they’re too hot for this weather
-Part tarmac was in the way
-Part ‘omg I’m leaving foot prints that’s epic!’ runs around on tarmac leaving more squishy footprints

11 Likes

We had the kind of temps London’s getting back in May. Not a good time (though I think our asphalt is made to withstand the hotter weather because Florida).

Thankfully we’ve hit the rain-nearly-every-day season, so they’ve been staying a bit lower than the rest of the Eastern US (though the humidity’s a beast if it stops raining before nightfall).

11 Likes

Another UK folk here, both glad and regretful that I live near the sea… The wind? Relief. The humidity? Absolute agony. I’m just trying to finish my packing but the heat keeps stopping me ;; wishing luck to anyone in hotter climes, this is far too much for my Irish blood :blossom:

8 Likes

It has also been unbearably hot here (though this week we’ve gotten a small respite)…but I’m dying over “in the distance…bees” :joy:

9 Likes

We have a VERY special announcement coming to all of our AG+ friends next week, so if you’re a member be sure to keep an eye out… :eyes:

11 Likes

:eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

7 Likes

I stayed up later than I should have last night looking at travel cutlery that I could bring to work (rather than my current “borrowing” of work’s plasticware until they snap, “borrowing” again…). Found a nice set, said free shipping over $25…

So of course I just ordered 200g of loose leaf Lady Grey to get that sweet free shipping. :deirdrexd:

14 Likes

one of the local mounties has been working on a lovely set of twisted iron utensils for me as a commission. According to what ive seen from him in my dms, its good stuff. Ill update yall when i finally get my hands on em, hm? :3

10 Likes

So, to get the full ‘Swedish summer’ experience (Considering this is my first full summer here) we are gonna go swim in a lake! Excited, mildly scared some giant fish will drag me down to the bottom but that’s… unlikely, I’d say?

11 Likes

Oh wow that’s gonna be so fun!

5 Likes

It was! The water was super warm and clear, and I didn’t meet any lake monsters (apart from bugs) so that’s always cool.

7 Likes

I honestly prefer swimming in lakes to pools, but they do tend to be a little cold.

7 Likes

Belgian lakes are pretty gross compared to Swedish ones. I always ended up with a weird oily feeling on my skin, so I didn’t like it. (Though swimming in the sea was always great!)
The lake was about 25 degrees celcius (77F) so it was far from cold!

6 Likes

I went swimming in the sea once, as a child.
The North Sea.
My parents had promised that it would get warmer the longer I stayed in there. They lied.
That day I learned an important lesson about global liquid thermodynamics, and the dangers of too much trust.
We still laugh about it.

9 Likes

I used to go swimming in the North sea during winter when I was a kid! :laughing:

7 Likes

I also swam in the North sea, since it’s the only sea Belgium has. Only other beach I ever went to was in the Netherlands, I vaguely remember going, which my parents decided on a whim (mostly because you could find whelks there and mom loves them!) turned out to be a nudist beach. Woops?

4 Likes

I’ve been so busy lately! How’s everyone been?

7 Likes

@DarriusDei omg I love Greek mythology as well!! It’s so cool that want to do archaeology as well!

@Lunalie it’s great to see you again! I’ve not been too bad!

4 Likes

Oh you know, the usual! Getting heart attacks all the time, although luckily not my own.

How are you?

6 Likes

Ah yes Iggy’s good looks have that affect on people :wink::joy:

6 Likes