The General Discussion Super Topic

Yes it is night for me. You have a great night as well

4 Likes

I did not expect to end up hand feeding a baby bird today

12 Likes

@Rimor Oh wow! Howā€™d that happen? What did you feed it? :open_mouth:

5 Likes

Looks like a magpieā€¦ Quick catch another.
1 for sorrow
2 for joyā€¦

6 Likes

The poor thing must have fallen out of the nest in the heatwave so I scooped it up and looked after it. I was feeding it bugs and such yesterday but today weā€™ve moved onto cat food

5 Likes

This magpie is gonna be very sorry if it doesnā€™t stop being so demanding :laughing:

5 Likes

Thatā€™s a nice thing to do!

I can almost dream of a heatwaveā€¦Iā€™m sick of these negative temperatures at night and cold winds during the day :cry:

4 Likes

All I want is for it to be winter and a massive blizzard outside. At least then I can put more cloths on to keep warm but when itā€™s crazy hot youā€™re stuffed :laughing:

I have my fan on max and Iā€™m hiding in the darkest pit of the house

8 Likes

Oh apparently the bird is a swallow

6 Likes

If it is a swallow it should be used to these temperatures, lol.

5 Likes

I donā€™t know these temperatures arenā€™t normal for the UK :laughing:

4 Likes

Swallows migrate to Africa for the winter.

4 Likes

Today, in the UK, I saw the road melt.
A parked Audi slowly sunk into the tarmac until only the tip of its antenna showed.
Blackout curtains have been donated to the homes of ginger haired people for fear that even indoors they may burn.
Ice cream vans are evaporating.
In the distanceā€¦ bees.

10 Likes

:eyes:

7 Likes

Itā€™s a tad warm here.

9 Likes

Yeah, same here. Weā€™re hitting 28C here in south wales today. Too hot for me, but to think itā€™s hitting 38C in London!!!

8 Likes

Oh how I wish you were joking, but I left bare foot footprints in the tarmac outside the house last night as I made a run for the comparably cool grass.

10 Likes

Iā€™m ginger so Iā€™m hiding inside, just thinking about this heatwave is enough to give me a sunburn :joy:

8 Likes

Barefoot on hot tarmac? O.O
Now I know what bravery looks like.

7 Likes

I love how itā€™s supposed to be raining but itā€™s so hot that the water has evaporated before itā€™s even fallen :joy:

7 Likes