The General Discussion Super Topic

See, I was gonna do that but my books both come in tomorrow hehe So I’ll read up on those and then maybe check out the wiki, muchos gracias!

3 Likes

No problem. It’s what I’m here for :cjheart:

4 Likes

Just a friendly reminder from us @Wagoneers to keep the welcome topic clear of any extra conversation. If anyone other than the Wagoneers and guild leaders would like to welcome a new recruit to your guild you may do so in your guild welcome topics. We would prefer to keep the welcome topic to quick introductions and direction to the rest of the forum. Please and thank you.

7 Likes

Further to @BrokenVoid’s post if you see anything on the forum that causes you concern please don’t hesitate to flag it and contact a guild leader! :cjsmile:

6 Likes

As a further to both of their messages, we love you all and you are all awesome. Have a great rest of your day! :smile:

7 Likes

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.atlasobscura.com/articles/what-did-people-do-before-envelopes-letterlocking.amp

@Revenir I thought you might be interested in this!

11 Likes

Oooh, that is mighty nifty! I’m gonna look into this fantastical find further.

3 Likes

Ooh that’s nifty!

4 Likes

That’s epic.
I’ve found tutorials for basic letterlocks, but it falls over when you have multiple pages, the folds get too chunky.
I’ll have to research letterlocks some more, it might turn up more results than ‘letter as its own envelope’.
Trapping a letter sounds like fun too, although royal mail might get grumpy if I post a letter with an armed snap trap, might have to hand deliver that one, a revenge plan forms!

10 Likes

Soooooo, I think I’ve gotta be around for about two weeks before I can post in most of the in-world stuff, but I’ve been following the Cataclysm and I cant post there. But I do have a bunch of items that would be useful, if signing me up is an option.

No idea how I would communicate there though, unless I speak through someone like a cool ghostie dude :ghost:

5 Likes

Damn that’s a shame, @Revenir is there anything that can be done?

2 Likes

chanting ‘possession’ in the background

2 Likes

I’m already possessing this phone so you’ll have to find your own :laughing:

3 Likes

I’m afraid not. This is one area we’re pretty steadfast on. Gotta get trust level 2 before the in-world areas are unlocked.

However, if I’ve done my math right, there’s still 15 more objects that need to be presented after today. Which means the final object should be needed on the 31st. If @TheMadHare visits the forum every day, then it’s absolutely possible for them to get trust level 2 before the spell is over.

10 Likes

Well then, if I’m still needed by the 31st, I’ll be there. The whole situation leading up to the spell doesn’t sound too jolly.

6 Likes

Male sure you post and like everyday to increase your chances!

2 Likes

More than liking, posting, or anything else, it’s about being involved in meaningful ways, engaging with others, and time. :cjsmile:

15 Likes

Thanks for the insight @Rimor and @CJB! I’m looking forward to being more involved with the community here for sure!

7 Likes

Ok so I’m very new here and I’ve just been busy reading the first book like a madperson. I was reading it on my iPad as my phone had just died from low battery. I’m reading the part where Deirdre is attacked and right when I get to the sentence “I picked up the phone and called Auntie Monica” I swear a phone starts ringing. I immediately go check my phone but it’s dead and also not my ringtone. I assume the sound is coming from the open window so normally I would dismiss this as a coincidence, but I’m starting to believe that there’s no such thing as a mere coincidence. To add fuel to this weird fire, I double check and the chapter “The Last Traveller” is chapter 13. 13 is my lucky number, it’s always been my lucky number as I was born on a Friday the 13th. Also it’s the full moon today.

9 Likes

Cough put a [spoiler] before and after spoilers to blur them, you can also click the little cog icon to select the option called blur spoiler

6 Likes