The Currently Reading Super Topic

Last I checked, Othellos journey and the outcast are free on Amazon. But The outcast novel is a direct expansion on the outcast short story. And I read Rory on wattpad or something like that.

7 Likes

No worries there. The only one I would really recommend reading next is “The outcast” as it is about Arcturus’ time at the academy and what was going on at that time in the kingdom. Good read for sure.

8 Likes

This is absolutely a great reason to reread the entire series, so thanks!

6 Likes

I think I’ve just signed myself up for a very emotional weekend but I’m ready

11 Likes

@Reginald_Dashwood just popping in from the land of no internet to say that I’ve also read the whole Heroes of Olympus series! I fell off during the Apollo ones though, but I LOVED the Kane Chronicles. I’m such an Egypt nerd.

9 Likes

Even more of a reason to keep up with the heroes of Olympus.

8 Likes

Some light Sunday morning reading:

15 Likes

Ooh I need it

5 Likes

And to follow…

19 Likes

About to start “The Gilded Wolves” by Roshani Chokshi!

Edit: in the beautiful blue OwlCrate edition

12 Likes

The Occult Book looks so good! I have peeked into it a few times at Barnes and Nobel, it’s definitely on my list!

6 Likes

Finished TMP Flora & Fauna the other day. Should start Cosmos & Time tomorrow hopefully. Been powering through the Secret Society threads to catch up a bit.

On other things, if you were keeping up with the twin calling corners for Saberlane/Woolie, you’ve seen one of my current reads, The Mind’s Eye by Oliver Sacks. Had it for awhile, read the first chapter at least 3 times but always stopped there.

I’m also reading something I found in the free nook books from Barnes and Noble.

8 Likes

Oh man. When Breath Becomes Air has been on my reading list for ages, but I keep shying away for Feels reasons. I’d love to hear how it was!

Those Occult and Conspiracy books are GORGEOUS.

I’m currently on the very last few pages of Three Parts Dead, which I imagine might appeal to a lot of folks here, as an inventive sort of urban fantasy! It takes place in a different world, but still involves things like business suits and magical law firms (magic sort of works like law/via contracts in this world). Also gods and necromancy. I’ve definitely enjoyed it.

The Raven Tower by Ann Leckie WAS next on my list. Ann Leckie is someone whose work I’ll read absolutely no matter what, after being blown away by Ancillary Justice. I’m still excited about it, BUUUUUT it’ll last on my shelf a BIT longer, and there’s this Papers book I’d like to finally immerse myself in…

10 Likes

When Breath Becomes Air was so, so good. I canceled plans on Friday night to stay home and finish it and be in my feels while it was raining and it was a wonderfully cathartic experience. Beautifully written and gave me such a better appreciation for doctors/medicine/life/death etc – would highly, highly recommend.

9 Likes

Wonderful! I’ll bump it up my list a bit, then.

So, I’d requested the Papers via Interlibrary Loan, and just received a notice–for the first time in my life–that my loan has been canceled because my library had “exhausted all possible lenders” and been unable to find a lending copy. It’s very rare that I buy a book without already at least having read and loved the author, but I guess I can make an exception this time. :wink: I’m guessing I won’t regret it.

10 Likes

It’s unfortunate that they can’t borrow it from my library, they just purchased copies that I requested months ago even though I own them already.

9 Likes

Huh, that’s strange! Libraries can be tricky sometimes because we’re an indie, but usually all they need is the ISBN to be able to order it through our supplier. Sorry you didn’t have better luck! (Although we always appreciate sales…)

10 Likes

We’ll definitely look into this.

8 Likes

I’ll also request a purchase! I might just get impatient and buy it before they get around to a decision.

10 Likes

Just started The House Between the Tides by Sarah Maine. Mystery about century-old body found in the ruins of a house. Parallel storytelling from what I can tell so far.

11 Likes