Tetrahedron Assembly

Are you alive? :mask:

4 Likes

@Endri Can I ask another big favour? Can you post the Caprathorn pieces similar to how you have posted the others? With no background and what not? I can compile them all into the first post of this thread, but I am not so good at getting them “extracted” and this way they will all be the same size

PS. I love the Guild Badges that are in the corner of our pictures on each post. I don’t know if that was you @Bash but it is a very nice touch

7 Likes

Here you go!

5 Likes

Thank you so much @Endri

EDIT: First post in this thread has links to all 10 pieces that are easily printable

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m just getting over some nasty bug. Sorry that’s why I haven’t been on the forum in a couple days. Didn’t mean to worry anyone with my absence.

While I have everyone here has anyone else ever come down to their computer and found somehow they had downloaded 3 chapters of Dune and did a find and replace of the word ‘Fremen’ with randomized names of 80’s and 90’s pop bands?

Although the scene with George Michael riding a giant sandworm while singing Freedom at the top of his voice was surprisingly moving and poignant.

7 Likes

:eyes:

He has lost it

6 Likes

I want to live inside your head for a while. Nothing weird.

And glad you’re feeling better.

8 Likes

This doesn’t work without you! :disappointed_relieved:

4 Likes

Trying again. I realized that last time I missed two pieces :expressionless:

4 Likes

Truly, you are the greatest among us. Your posts are each a spiritual journey.

5 Likes

I have to agree with that

4 Likes

I think I figured it out - but I can’t really put it together. I believe we are making a star tetrahedron. The background on the pages like http://bookofbriars.com/galluskulk/ are of a star tetrahedron - similar to this:

[details=OOG]Out of game - we’ve also seen it on the monarch papers:

[/details]

There are templates online for doing it, they look kind of like ours (except ours are all separate at the start)

I don’t think the background would be a coincidence. Could be, but feels unlikely.

I have no idea if there is a way to make a star tetrahedron out of what we have, but it’s worth a shot.

4 Likes

Double post, but while I was writing my other post upstairs, my mom gave it a shot and came up with this:

Which is pretty darn close to this:

She didn’t pay attention to the symbols, but I could try matching up the symbols and see if it works out?

5 Likes

The shape could possibly be 3D somehow but I’m terrible at this so I think I’ll let someone else figure this one out. I tried a bunch of different ways to do my shape with the symbols touching or facing outwards but couldn’t get it.

3 Likes

As far as I can tell by the way it looks, there should be 8 points. The 7 seen in the diagram with one directly opposite the center one.

2 Likes

I’ll give it a try when im back in college cuz there i can print them at will

5 Likes

This is the closest I got but still not quite a tetrahedron…

3 Likes

I got a design that looks like this:

Unfortunately, I don’t think this will make much sense until we figure out how the light and dark sides fit in with each other. There appears to just be too many designs and options

Also @Robert, I am going to pull out the cliché yearbook line, “Hey Robert, you rock, don’t ever change”

3 Likes

Do you guys think the Book releasing our magimystical assessment is contingent on us solving this shape first?

I’m going to focus next on somehow making a shape by making the yellow pieces touch their matching black ones (not that I haven’t already tried a hundred times). There must be some sort of logic for having them like this.

4 Likes

It’s possible. I also wonder if there is a piece or two we may be missing. Remember, there were a couple of fragments for the first Lock that were “bonus material.” And even though those pieces weren’t the official fragments, passing the magimystic assessment would have been difficult to pass without them. Do you think we may have missed some bonus material somewhere along the way? There’s nothing that I can think of that suggests we have, but I just wanted to put the idea out there just in case.

4 Likes