SOLVED: Phase 3 Assessment: Fletcher Dawson

Link to the new map, please?

2 Likes

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&hl=en&authuser=0&authuser=0&mid=1eOxr_SxqNUV7EojS-fS7ifBDT34&ll=41.48375007434943%2C-83.16124554551254&z=4

2 Likes

That does seem to be the only place an Aothora-shaped cluster occurs for the several-cities-to-a-constellation route.

2 Likes

Yeah, and it passes through two cities on our site list even though I had those points turned off when I drew it.

2 Likes

But if several cities makes one constellation how would you pick one answer from the list on the Fletcher Dawson site?

5 Likes

It seems like our best lead for this constellation so far.

2 Likes

yeah, that’s the problem. I’m bashing them a little right now. Probably not the best way to get it done, but hey, I’m in the mood for doign it right now

2 Likes

Maybe you just have to pick one of the linked cities per question? Maybe if you get one of the linked cities for the respective constellation it will allow it.

2 Likes

I just tried one iteration of this and it brought me back to the splash page. So either that’s not the way, or it does matter which you pick

2 Likes

There’s clearly only one correct answer, which is why i’m going through each of the possible version of the cities that line up, starting with the ones where we had clues.

2 Likes

Well, bearing in mind the mention of an “artifact” being hidden in the city, that might help nail down which one of the linked points it is…

2 Likes

Dang, you guys are going to fast for me.

3 Likes

@Mr5yy Maybe it’s the summer solstice that invigorated us, haha!

4 Likes

If we are comparing this to previous assessments (I still don’t know if this is an assessment or not?), we have never had questions where it is either choice A or choice B, it has always been an explicit answer.

If we look at how the questions are presented on the Fletcher Dawson site, there is really only one answer for each constellation, and given the large amount of the clues pointing to Paris alone (And they look like it could fit a Gladitor shape), I believe that each constellation corresponds to only one city, and that a large number of the clues are going to point to 1 of 4 cities. I don’t want to say all of them, because some may not actually fit into our answers, I just don’t know for sure at this point and time.

Anyway, I could very well be wrong and you guys could be right, I just wanted to give my own two cents and give my own reasoning as to what I think the process is.

10 Likes

Just to throw this out there again, @EliseCeri’s one-city-to-a-constellation map is here if anyone wants to give it another glance without digging back through the log:
https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?ll=60.0855840612418%2C-10.663894458386267&z=2&mid=1-QJ1kRP5kM9qRL79sFQAE7_DD3Q

3 Likes

Okay, so based on that map, we only have to find one more city Durokos (or however you spell it) to fit Aothora. My first thought is Mexico city.

Edit: not durkoso, either aothora or galifanx

2 Likes

Who knows. Might be the adventure. :wink:

1 Like

Right…we do need at least one more city to evaluate. And there are several clues not represented on this map, along with some that had kinda stretched reasoning. So it still needs some (name pun not intended) tinkering

3 Likes

Well, Mexico City had a couple of connections, Athens does too, Moscow…

2 Likes

Yup…Mexico City and Moscow were both high on our list before…I think they just didn’t make it to the mapping stage. Definitely worth giving another glance.

2 Likes