SOLVED: Phase 3 Assessment: Fletcher Dawson

All locations are up. You can turn off layers as needed to see the map clearer.

5 Likes

With the new information we now have 22 points and 23 stars in the constellations, so one of them may be duplicated.

Or, slightly more likely, the star without a corresponding clue will be someplace significant.

5 Likes

It’s really annoying, cause I’m almost sure that I’ve got the first three right, but Aothora isn’t mapped yet… sigh

3 Likes

So what do you think the first three are?

3 Likes

I’m not sure if I should say. I remember there being something on past assessments that we could discuss but give give solutions. Don’t want a black mark having been here less than a week lol That is, of course, if this is an assessment.

3 Likes

Ah ok. I’m loving your map btw

3 Likes

Thanks! Glad to be of at least some use :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Woah Mounties, looks like I missed a lot but I think Im generally caught up. So we have narrowed it down to a handful of cities, whats our next move?

3 Likes

Next stage for me is to bash it out until I find the correct combo from a handful of potential or I have to stop to do something else lol :smiley:

2 Likes

I think we need to re-evaluate some clues to see if we can locate them into cities that at least match the Dawson website options (and hopefully the cities on our narrowed-down list) . Last I looked, there were still some in places we know aren’t choices.

2 Likes

Have we tried to match the gladi constellation to Rome? Seems like an obvious choice but you never know!

2 Likes

Such as?

2 Likes

@OracleSage: (it’s possible these have been addressed but not updated onto the google list but) Wallonia’s Second was paired with Leige, Belgium, Cristossangre with Colorado or Spain, Player’s Frigate had several, and I think there are a few that are just paired generally to Greece

Edit: This is also a bigger concern if we are looking at it as one constellation is found via landmarks in a single city. If we are interpreting it as a constellation is made by linking several cities and then we have to deduce which one, this is less problematic

2 Likes

I’m with you there. An idea I came up with was that in addition to matching the clues with the cities, perhaps matching what the constellations represent could help finalize our 4 cities.

2 Likes

Yeah, Im doing checks for historical or linguistic relations to certain places

2 Likes

I’m thinking serveral cities = one constellation as we’ve yet to have more than 2 places in a city line up to a clue. Unless, as @TelekineticWind suggests, the city is linked directly to the constellation.

Edit: Support for my theory - 6 of the cities from the site line up to our Gladitor, 2 of which we have clues for.

2 Likes

Earlier in the day, we did get several cities that had landmarks that matched/could match clues (Moscow, Paris, St. Petersburg, Quebec, and Mexico City were the prominent options). To be fair, some links were more tenuous than others and I don’t think we made it through all the clues again.

Not at all trying to bash your map…I think if we can get the last constellation to match up with a cluster of cities, then that settles it. But just want to keep the other option in people’s minds.

5 Likes

I think Quebec has a lot of potential, as its a known spot on one of the paths that Mrs.Green is following.

2 Likes

I’ve added a line for Aothora I’ve been toying with for a while. What do you guys think?

2 Likes

One of my thoughts on Player’s Frigate was the French ship Medusa. Though it wrecked off Mauritania, there’s a painting based on it at the Louvre.

3 Likes