SOLVED: Phase 3 Assessment: Fletcher Dawson

I also want to add that I am not advocating that Paris is Gladitor, it was just what I saw at a first glance earlier today before some of these newer maps were made :slight_smile:. It could be but there is a good chance that it isn’t

3 Likes

Personally, I’d think Gladitor is Athens, because of the name Gladitor which is close to gladiator.

2 Likes

I think it might be. There’s a Rue de Victoire the opposite side of the Theatre de l’opera comique making the cross bar for Gladitor. Just a guess…

3 Likes

Okay, so bare with me with this. Possible Athens locations could be the Pnyx for Harmonies Discourse, or the Temple of Athena Nike for the same point. There’s also a Zeus’ triangle here, which could be Zeus’ Meadow.

Edit: Athens also has a port, so a Frigate link is possilbe here, or Argonauta. And the new clue of something to do with teaching may be form here too as Athens was a place for learn and philosophy.

3 Likes

I just had a thought. Maybe instead of us trying to put cities at each star on the constellations, we need to put important structures or the lines need to line up with roads.

2 Likes

It’s entirely possible that I’m google-inept, but I can’t seem to edit the one-city-per-constellation map…is anyone else able to?

2 Likes

Procne (the greek myth inlvoes her turnign into a swallow) is also from Athens.

2 Likes

No, it’s a view only map

3 Likes

If we’re looking at etymologies, Gladitor seems like a Rome reference to me. “Gladius” is one of the Latin words for sword. Then again, that could just refer to the fact that “Gladitor” is a sword in Dawson’s books…

2 Likes

A painting that could possibly go with Cristossangre is at a museum in Madrid (which I realize is just adding yet another city back into the mix).

2 Likes

At least that gets us onto the Dawson list! That’s something!

2 Likes

Keep up the good work guys! I took a major backseat on this fragment…so I guess I’m moral support now?

I’ll keep trying the site in the meantime.

2 Likes

I think that’s a very good possibility. Mentions of items or places in the books are a good bet.

3 Likes

I’d like to point out the Dawson site clearly states the enchanted objects are hidden in a single city.
Also, when we are looking at mapping Gladitor, there is not a point which connects the fork, that is a visual embellishment. If you can get points to line up with all the other points, then you have it.

3 Likes

“You must find the four enchanted items Fletcher Dawson has hidden in cities around the world.” - Quote directly from cite. That says they are in “cities”, not a single city.

Edit: I think there was a misunderstanding here. I meant that it says that the four enchanted items are in separate cities. Not broken. All four are not in a single city.

I was confused because this quote seems to say that all four objects are in one city.

4 Likes

But the answer to each question is a single city.

4 Likes

I’m thinking there’s a little miscommunication here…it’s one in that the answer will be one city related to the constellation (either the constellation will only be in that city or a constellation will span several cities and we have to pick the right one from it…no consensus on which option yet), but multiple cities in that we think each constellation is paired with a different city (like, Paris won’t be the answer twice).

2 Likes

My point is that one object cannot be hidden in multiple cities. From the point of view of Dawson, they are physical objects, so unless they are broken into fragments, they have to be in one city.

3 Likes

Yeah, we never thought the object was in multiple cities, just that the constellations we’re using to provide the answer could either be made using landmarks in a single city or multiple cities. You can see the difference from the 2 different maps:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&hl=en&authuser=0&authuser=0&mid=1eOxr_SxqNUV7EojS-fS7ifBDT34&ll=55.767666352786605%2C37.590758735626196&z=17

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&hl=en&authuser=0&authuser=0&mid=1eOxr_SxqNUV7EojS-fS7ifBDT34&ll=55.767666352786605%2C37.590758735626196&z=17

So, either we map the constellations on my big, world scale map and guess from there, or @EliseCeri’s city map will give us the constellation within the city which answers the site.

2 Likes

Also, some late night thinking linked Argonauta to Athens, thourgh Medea.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medea

She sailed back from Colchis with Jason on the Argon, making her an Argonauta, an Argon Sailor (fem.). She later fled to Athens. Unfortunately, no specific location, but I’ll keep workign on that.

Edit: The temple of Athena Nike is though by Pausanius to have had a statue of Hecate (her goddess) outside it. Possible location?

3 Likes