SOLVED: Phase 3 Assessment: Fletcher Dawson

Of course, I’ll pin Bersemis-1 now

2 Likes

If it’s torn and “Sadovaya” was only part of the clue, couldn’t other ones be incomplete too?

2 Likes

Oooh theres a church in Quebec called Notre-Dame-des-Victoires Church? Could that be a new possible lead for the Victoire clue in Quebec

4 Likes

Couldn’t hurt to drop a pin there too and see if it lines up!

Edit: I would still leave the Place de la Victoires in Paris, since there were some clues that seemed pretty likely to be Paris

2 Likes

I’ll admit to a lack of finesse today - I blame the weather. One of Crete, St Petersburg, Quebec or Paris may be wrong. I think I’ve tried all the combinations of that.

But don’t quote me. I suppose, clearer brains with more certain information would be a good idea.

2 Likes

Am I the only one getting way confused about everything we have due to all the different threads we have going?

2 Likes

thats why @Endri tied it all here.

3 Likes

This should be the only one people are actively updating…but there’s probably information in some of the old ones that’s still relevant…

2 Likes

Am i stretching it for ‘the royal hoop’ if i link it to a basketball team called ‘Quebec Royal’?

2 Likes

Going through the google doc to see if any clues were assigned locations that don’t really fit our current ideas: Vieux Haven was paired with Marseille, France…this could be stretching it, but there’s a museum in Paris housing a painting called “Le Vieux Montmartre”…like a “haven” for the “vieux”? (If that makes any sense to anyone else, it’s the Musee de Montmartre)

3 Likes

Alternatively, there seems to be a district in Quebec called “Vieux”

2 Likes

OH the village one seems good!! I’ve also found a forgotten forest in Quebec too

3 Likes

Lol you might be stretching but that’s exactly why you fit in perfectly with us :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Tinker is it the district called Old Quebec? Wanna make sure i have the right one

3 Likes

Yes, I think so!

2 Likes

Hi @Brit - So, here’s the low-down. After @Firefish found the Lost Athanaeum librarian request mentioning Fletcher Dawson’s work “Myth of Elainnor,” we got to work trying to figure out what the 20 names (labeled “possible celestial bodies”) meant. We tried mapping them to physical locations, space objects, mythological figures… a variety of things.

Today, @Leigha found http://www.fletcherdawson.com , the website of the author of the myth, and the list. We have to correctly choose a city for each of the four constellations (Galifanx, Gladitor, Durkonos and Aorthora). We decided that each constellation “fits” inside a city/region, and the “possible celestial bodies” clues are physical locations within those cities. @Kingsington then discovered an update to the Lost Athanaeum post, adding “Malthusian” to the existing clue “Sadovaya Malthusian” and two new clues: “Maximillain’s Execution” and “Continuous Pedagogical.”

Now, we’re tying to fit our 22 clues into 4 cities to make up 4 constellations so that we can get through Fletcher Dawson’s front door. The best candidates we have are Quebec, Paris, St. Petersburg vs. Moscow, Crete, Mexico City (maybe).

We all sort-of agreed to only update this thread from here on out with information regarding the 20 clues, four cities and four constellations.

Hope this helps!

5 Likes

Also, everyone (new and veteran) - I’m sure you’ve all heard this a zillion times in a variety of classrooms during your life, but…

Never be afraid to ask questions. With the number of Mounties we have these days, there’s probably at least 10-12 people with the same question you have, but don’t feel comfortable asking.

9 Likes

So do we have any clues at all to which city might be which constellation?
If we can get the first two (Galifanx and Gladitor) then it might be that we can guess the order of the other two?

2 Likes

I’m just about to put all the locations used in the website onto the map I made, may help narrow stuff down.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&hl=en&authuser=0&authuser=0&mid=1eOxr_SxqNUV7EojS-fS7ifBDT34&ll=38.57853115357735%2C46.4021372146301&z=5

5 Likes

@EliseCeri has been mapping the locations within cities that we’ve come up with. I think once we get all the way through the list of clues and have realistic landmarks for each, it might be more clear. It looks like there are still several clues on the google doc that have out-dated location guesses, so updating those might be a more pressing step.

3 Likes