SOLVED: Phase 3 Assessment: Fletcher Dawson

We just need the proper sequence. Assuming we have the right cities.

2 Likes

What maps service were people using before that let you drop pins? I’m not seeing that option on Google maps, and their version of “saving” points is difficult to visualize with…

2 Likes

Have we made any headway in regards to Legorratos Interior?

2 Likes

I think at this point we should try to map all the potential points in our potential cities to see if any line up with the constellations we have.

3 Likes

You want me to make a map of all the recent ones?

2 Likes

@EliseCeri, I went back to the google doc and pulled all the ones that might be linked to Paris…I just can’t seem to make a map with the pins…but if you want to have a go, my list was:
Place de la Concorde
Place de la Victoires
Boulevard des Capucines
La Salle Favart
Champs de Mars
and there was one clue that someone just listed as “Paris” that would need to be narrowed down a bit more

2 Likes

Legorreta is the name of a well-known Mexican architect. I think we were leaning toward Mexico as one of the options.

2 Likes

Can someone edit the list from the assessment to remove the places that are southern hemisphere (as we discounted those early on) and places that don’t have multiple hits for elimination purposes? I would but I’m suffering a bit today with owies.

Tokyo
New York City
Sao Paulo
Osaka
Mexico City
Manila
Mumbai
Cairo
Los Angeles
Buenos Aires
Moscow
Shanghai
Paris
Istanbul
Chicago
Madrid
Saint Petersburg
Berlin
Crete
Montreal
London
Toronto
Cologne
Sydney
Quebec
Cape Town
San Juan
Beirut
Portland
Vienna
Lisbon
Tel Aviv
Rome
New Orleans
Athens

2 Likes

I’m being called for dinner, but i’ve started a new map that y’all are welcome to continue
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=1-QJ1kRP5kM9qRL79sFQAE7_DD3Q&ll=33.79087953037613%2C1.1453783077270145&z=4

3 Likes

Also something I was thinking…it seems like some of the “places” we’ve come up with are streets instead of specific points…might that be a clue about constellation alignment as well as location?

2 Likes

Which will help us map which constellation is which city, remember we have to assign a city to each one separately.

2 Likes

Re: definite cities

Quebec is one them, it is the absolute only place that came up for Bersimis-1.

Re: streets

The castle in St. Petersburg is on a street named Sadovaya. And the Paris Capucines one is named for a nunnery on that street, so perhaps the point goes there.

3 Likes

Ooooo didn’t notice the nunnery. That helps a bunch!

2 Likes

Permutations of the “Field of Mars” for “Zeus’ Meadow” don’t sit well with me. Although Ares/Mars is the son of Zeus/Jupiter, I don’t think that’s what we’re looking for.

2 Likes

The reason why I picked the one in St. Petersburg was because the Field of Mars’ original name was The Grand Meadow. But I also understand your reasoning

3 Likes

I’m now just code busting through Fletcher Dawson, patterning Paris, Crete, St Petersburg Quebec in any old order. (Because I’m not that visual, and I’m a bit lazy…)

2 Likes

Maybe it is the “completionist” in me, but let’s give it some time before we start brute forcing our way through (not that it would be our first time). This information was given to us for a reason. It wouldn’t be the first time information from previous puzzles and fragments have helped us in the future. This information could be useful in the future

6 Likes

Okay, guys, I’m back! Does anyone know all the places in Mexico that are possibilities so I can pin them down? <3

2 Likes

Let’s work on Quebec, since we know Bersemis-1 is there.

2 Likes

Wow you’ve all done such amazing work! The new Mounties are bursting with ideals and energy I love it so much :heart_eyes: Doing a quick catch-up and should be contributing thisarvo (if you guys haven’t solved it! You’re all powering through it!!)

5 Likes