SOLVED: Phase 3 Assessment: Fletcher Dawson

I wish I was at a computer but won t be able to.much for days. After catching up on everything I think my avenue of attack on this would be to assume each constellation was one city.

Then take a map of the city and mark the one or two ones we are pretty sure of and see if that lends itself to one of the constellations. Then go backwards and find the other locations. Once those are off the list it should make finding the remaining cities a bit easier.

Come Sunday or Monday I should be free to work on that.

9 Likes

Agreed @Robert, given the clue’s wording on Fletcher’s site, and the format of the assessment, it looks like each one of the four objects will map over an individual city. We need four cities, and I believe each city will house one constellation. Glad to see you pop in, @Robert! :grinning:

9 Likes

So if we are working within cities, what do we do with a clue like Bersimis-1, which had a very definite location outside of Quebec City? Does the name on the site refer to Quebec as a province? Can we use nearby points that aren’t precisely in one of the 35 cities? Are any clues false leads, or do they just have other explanations we haven’t found yet? Thoughts?

4 Likes

My advice. Go for the simple answer. Take it from someone who professionally overthinks these things. (I’m still bitter about the 40 hours I spent on that poem in fragment 3.)

Quebec is one of the cities on Fletcher list. Expand the map as big as you need to include the power plant.

8 Likes

My thought, since Montreal is also part of Quebec the province, but it doesn’t say Quebec City, that it may be divided as Montreal and the rest of Quebec (since Montreal’s down in the bottom corner by itself).

5 Likes

I started going through the google spreadsheet and bolding some of the locations that are pretty certain - either there was some sort of consensus or there really weren’t other options. I’ll be lurking during the day today, but probably won’t be able to be of much more actual help until the evening…

4 Likes

4 locations, in the order we can overlay constellations on them:
In the order

Galifanx
Gladitor
Durkonos
Aothora

As set out by the Fletcher Dawson site.
The only reason I’m not all over the mapping is I’m poor visually, even on good days and I’m on a 4th day of minimal sleep.

5 Likes

Do we have the Dawson letter yet? The on from 1998?

2 Likes

I think that’s the list of 20/22 clues, if I’m not mistaken.

6 Likes

Gonna do some work on this tonight, see if I can prove my hypothesis.

2 Likes

You put in 4.

Whichever 4 you put it, it bumps you back to the welcome screen if you’re wrong. I tried dozens of combos last night and never got anything other than bumped back to the welcome screen.

3 Likes

Don’t be disheartened! You’re up against tough odds, even with educated guess combinations. We should all buckle down and try to map out the clue locations as much as possible. You may be not visual (and sleep deprived) but you’re extremely knowledgeable and any opinions you have about the location clues we still don’t know much about (Zeus’s Meadow, etc) would be greatly appreciated!

9 Likes

So… I may have found something. Back in fragment 10 we found a distorted star of david… it could be that Gladitor could be in Isreal?

2 Likes

Israel isn’t one of the answers.

2 Likes

Just saw that… Im just trying to find any ties I can…

3 Likes

I know, it’s okay.

2 Likes

The set up of Galifanx looks very New Orleans to me, just the sharp edges and set up…

2 Likes

How are we supposed to figure this out without the clues from that newsletter?

2 Likes

Just in case no one saw.
Added: 6/20/17
I went back over the docs.
There’s a scrap of paper that may or may not be connected…
It has two additional entries:
Maximilian’s Execution
Continuous Pedagogical
Also, the original doc is torn after “Sadovaya” and the tear nearly matches the new scrap. If it’s connected, the full phrase would be “Sadovaya Malthusian”
Sorry for the incomplete update. Whatever you locate, please update us. We’d love to add your findings to the library.

2 Likes

The list of clues we have been working to draw locations from is, we assume, the newsletter.

2 Likes