SOLVED: King Rabbit's Burrow: The Second Fragment

FINALLY!

breaks computer in half and curses KR

Good work, @Robert!

4 Likes

Looks like another drop box link. I can’t access the link til tonight unfortunately.

Also there is no rest for the wicked. KR already started posting clues to the 4th leg.

This time it’s tagged at the Civic Center, Manhattan

What was carried there to here, before the common sense of holding more laid waste to what you offered? They all forgot you wait at all, and now passerby pass by unknowing.

4 Likes

I’m gonna go cry now.

I see his post on Instagram but seriously, can someone explain to me how to access the Instagram stories? Is there an app I need to download?

3 Likes

I finally figured it out. If you are following him and go to your home page I see a circle at the top with his name on it that links to the Story. I’m just using the normal instagram app with nothing fancy.

3 Likes

@Johanna, the stories of anyone you follow show up on the main page of IG, at the top.

3 Likes

Great job @Robert and @AlisonB!

3 Likes

I found the New York Times article and still couldn’t connect the dots, all the credit goes to @Robert!

3 Likes

Thanks, y’all. Guess it has to be on your phone. Can’t seem to access them from the computer which is where I was looking.

PS - KR is a D.

3 Likes

Yay, @Robert! I bow at your feet! :slight_smile:

Let’s not let KR get the satisfaction of stumping us on this next clue!

4 Likes

@Johanna, just to be a bit more specific, I think the Instagram stories only show up on the Instagram app (on the home page, as others have mentioned). There will be little circles at the top of that page that show if people you follow have uploaded Stories!

Hope this helps!

3 Likes

I’ll download the video today and get to scanning it tonight. I’ve had good luck with the last two in finding the clues hidden inside, but being that it’s another 6 hour video, anyone else’s help scanning would be greatly appreciated.

For those wondering how I found the clues, I use VLC (it’s free) to play back the video at 3X speed. It still takes two hours of intense scurtiny to get through it, but it’s a wonderful feeling when you find it.

If this video holds up like the last two, there will be a single word that will appear for three seconds and then disappear. Like I said, I’ll start my scanning this evening.

Great great job you all. You all are on point!

5 Likes

Starting dl now. I’ll help out when it’s done.

3 Likes

Ok so here’s what a bit of digging dredged up but I’m not sure if it’s on the right track:

So looking around the Civic Center in Manhattan via google pictures there’s an area called Foley Square which is the home to a sculpture called “Triumph of the Human Spirit” by Lorenzo Pace. This sculpture is to commemorate the 2 acre African Burial Ground that was discovered there in 1991.

“What was carried from there to here…” African Slaves

“…and now passersby pass by unknowing.” The african burial site

Those are the only connections I can fit into this digging. Maybe it’s in the right direction? Maybe not?

4 Likes

I’m not sure it’s the right track either, but it sounds like a darn good one to follow up on. It’s as good as any theory I’ve heard. Try everything related to it, who made the scultpure on the rabbit’s site, who found the burial ground. Whatever you can nail down is worth trying.

3 Likes

I agree with @Robert, this seems like a pretty solid lead, @CameronP. I bookmarked some sites when we were solving KR’s last clue (at the beginning, there were some theories about the Burial Ground being the key to the magic words), so I will go back to those and help start plugging in words!

Also, I know there’s an African Burial Ground National Monument, as well, so that might be something to look into!

3 Likes

KR has posted a new picture

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKIrejHgYma/?taken-by=kingrabbit717

This is the text that is with it
“What was carried there to here, before the common sense of holding more laid waste to what you offered? They all forgot you wait at all, and now passersby pass by unknowing.”

3 Likes

Good magical Monday morning, Mountaineers.

Kingrabbit has a new clue up.

“A rare beauty, your bones all richly green and white and bowing unencumbered. Though you are glorious and stunning, you are sad and lost and dim. An intended work of art, an unintended time machine.”

Ohand I only made it through watching 2.5 hours of the last video this weekend before my eyeballs started rebelling. I’ll do some more time on it tonight. If anyone else has spare eyeballs, maybe tackle the last half first.

4 Likes

I watched the whole video and found nothing. Obviously I missed something so I’m going to watch it again. I’ll start with the second half and hope the clue jumps out at me. It’s got to be in there somewhere.

3 Likes

So, based on KR’s latest clue, I’m thinking that he could be referring to the now-closed City Hall subway station on the Lexington Avenue subway line. Not only is the subway line itself represented by green and white colors, but the decor of the station itself was also in the same vein of color scheme.

Though you are glorious and stunning, you are sad and lost and dim. The subway station itself is absolutely beautiful, but due to its closing, it is now dark and dim?

I’ve tried a few terms/names associated with the station, but haven’t had any luck. Does this line of thinking sound absolutely outrageous?

*Edit: Still not sure exactly how this reasoning would fit into KR’s first clue for this leg of the puzzle, though!

5 Likes

@Dustin You are a genius.

The designer of the station you mention was Rafael Guastavino. And our fourth answer.

4 Likes